Orlando

Discussion in 'ABF Freight System' started by shrink wrap, Aug 28, 2016.

1. shrink wrap

shrink wrap Member

Understand the terminal os moving to Leesburg. Probably because the current one gets blown out with all the outside carriers jamming it up. According to Judy , Florida is a dead lane....

2. joes bar and grill

joes bar and grill Well-Known Member

Historically Florida has been a 4 to 1 state, 4 loads in to every 1 out.

troubleman84 and Abfrocks like this.
  3. shrink wrap

shrink wrap Member

The outside carriers take them out of 086 everyday

4. joes bar and grill

joes bar and grill Well-Known Member

Yes because it is an unbalanced lane.

5. shrink wrap

shrink wrap Member

Yeah, I guess orlando to Chicago is unbalanced. So is Carlyle to dallas , and atlanta to Kansas city, dallas to Los Angeles. Point is we were sold out by leadership by allowing that wording in the contract

6. Crystal

Crystal Well-Known Member

5 years ago I used Upack when I moved to Leesburg. The trailer was delivered and picked up by an Ocala ABF driver

canaryinthemine likes this.
  7. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Active Member

Florida has always been that way. Most of the freight gets loaded on containers and shipped out of country. There is not much manufacturing there either. If they are moving to Leesburg are they going to combine it with the Ocala terminal?

8. Abfrocks

Abfrocks Active Member

And guess what. By 52percent the employees of ABF allowed this shitty contract to pass. Be strong next contract. If they wanna put up a fight, which they will, we need to stand firm and strike!!!!

troubleman84 and canaryinthemine like this.
  9. SAC75

SAC75 Well-Known Member

I agree.
    Most were scared that ARCBEST was going to get bought by YRC. That was the biggest joke ever.

10. Crystal

Crystal Well-Known Member

Just the thought of a strike at ABF scares the hell out of me. I think a strike would play right into Judy's long term plan. You guys would lose your customer base and give her the opportunity to shut ABF down. I've been on picket lines during strikes and lockouts since 1969 and can't remember actually winning. I'd say you guys don't have much leverage and would never get the backing of Hoffa. Does anyone remember Red Star......................I'm not looking for an argument or debate it's just my opinion.

11. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

Nobody wins in the end in a strike but the threat of a strike is the biggest, baddest tool in our toolbox. If the company sees that there is no support for a strike before negotiations even begin they've won before they even get started.

troubleman84 and canaryinthemine like this.
  12. canaryinthemine

canaryinthemine Retirement....The Job I Was Born To Have!

I think we're in a different age, Brother...........the conditions for a strike,........an effective one,..........are ripe, and I think it's upper management's main job to convince the Labor force otherwise......

Who would they get as replacement workers during a strike? Heck, they can't even hire off the street now,..........and the non-Unions are hoovering up any available workers with better hourly wages......

And.........as far as shutting it down,.........that would pretty much kill ArchBest Corp........as our profits are the driving force behind that. The shareholders...........who've been told otherwise,.....would be up in arms and would want to hang Ms. McReynolds in effigy,.......if not reality.........

Yes,.......right now ABF upper managers most important job is to convince the workforce they are struggling.......Ms. McReynolds 23 million dollar pay increase last month not withstanding...........and hope we don't recoup our losses from the last contract once we eliminate the bumbling incompetents........(or conniving complicits.......)......of the Hoffa regime, and vote in at least a few honest people who have the WORKFORCE'S interests at heart,......

13. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

You are more optimistic than I, Gunga Din.

canaryinthemine likes this.
  14. nightowl

nightowl Active Member

The Orlando yard gets blown out because it's a small yard not because of PT. There have been many weekends that you could not move on that yard and there were no PT trailers around. Also the terminal is in Groveland but when I asked the line haul manager and daytime dispatch they both denied the rumor.

15. nightowl

nightowl Active Member

16. troubleman84

troubleman84 Well-Known Member

Preach!!!!!!

17. canaryinthemine

canaryinthemine Retirement....The Job I Was Born To Have!

Hope Springs Eternal...........and that ain't no small town in Arkansas....

troubleman84 likes this.