ABF | Orlando

shrink wrap

TB Lurker
Credits
Understand the terminal os moving to Leesburg. Probably because the current one gets blown out with all the outside carriers jamming it up. According to Judy , Florida is a dead lane....

Florida has always been that way. Most of the freight gets loaded on containers and shipped out of country. There is not much manufacturing there either. If they are moving to Leesburg are they going to combine it with the Ocala terminal?

And guess what. By 52percent the employees of ABF allowed this :shit:ty contract to pass. Be strong next contract. If they wanna put up a fight, which they will, we need to stand firm and strike!!!!

Just the thought of a strike at ABF scares the hell out of me. I think a strike would play right into Judy's long term plan. You guys would lose your customer base and give her the opportunity to shut ABF down. I've been on picket lines during strikes and lockouts since 1969 and can't remember actually winning. I'd say you guys don't have much leverage and would never get the backing of Hoffa. Does anyone remember Red Star......................I'm not looking for an argument or debate it's just my opinion.

Just the thought of a strike at ABF scares the hell out of me. I think a strike would play right into Judy's long term plan. You guys would lose your customer base and give her the opportunity to shut ABF down. I've been on picket lines during strikes and lockouts since 1969 and can't remember actually winning. I'd say you guys don't have much leverage and would never get the backing of Hoffa. Does anyone remember Red Star......................I'm not looking for an argument or debate it's just my opinion.
Nobody wins in the end in a strike but the threat of a strike is the biggest, baddest tool in our toolbox. If the company sees that there is no support for a strike before negotiations even begin they've won before they even get started.

I think we're in a different age, Brother...........the conditions for a strike,........an effective one,..........are ripe, and I think it's upper management's main job to convince the Labor force otherwise......

Who would they get as replacement workers during a strike? Heck, they can't even hire off the street now,..........and the non-Unions are hoovering up any available workers with better hourly wages......

And.........as far as shutting it down,.........that would pretty much kill ArchBest Corp........as our profits are the driving force behind that. The shareholders...........who've been told otherwise,.....would be up in arms and would want to hang Ms. McReynolds in effigy,.......if not reality.........

Yes,.......right now ABF upper managers most important job is to convince the workforce they are struggling.......Ms. McReynolds 23 million dollar pay increase last month not withstanding...........and hope we don't recoup our losses from the last contract once we eliminate the bumbling incompetents........(or conniving complicits.......)......of the Hoffa regime, and vote in at least a few honest people who have the WORKFORCE'S interests at heart,......

The Orlando yard gets blown out because it's a small yard not because of PT. There have been many weekends that you could not move on that yard and there were no PT trailers around. Also the terminal is in Groveland but when I asked the line haul manager and daytime dispatch they both denied the rumor.
Understand the terminal os moving to Leesburg. Probably because the current one gets blown out with all the outside carriers jamming it up. According to Judy , Florida is a dead lane....

4SIDAM6.jpg

Nobody wins in the end in a strike but the threat of a strike is the biggest, baddest tool in our toolbox. If the company sees that there is no support for a strike before negotiations even begin they've won before they even get started.
Preach!!!!!!