other companies get our experience and consistency

v for vendetta

TB Lurker
Credits
Don't worry people as Oak Harbor drags its feet some of their once loyal drivers are discovering that there is a world out there where they are treated with respect and appreciated. Many drivers have relationships with customers and will be able to take accounts with them. I for one know the discount rates and service needs of the customers and will like nothing better than stealing accounts. Unless an aggreement is reached (contract) soon it will be our mission to relieve Oak Harbor of the freight we have labored years to secure for them. Sell sell sell ! It's all about choices.

Don't worry people as Oak Harbor drags its feet some of their once loyal drivers are discovering that there is a world out there where they are treated with respect and appreciated. Many drivers have relationships with customers and will be able to take accounts with them. I for one know the discount rates and service needs of the customers and will like nothing better than stealing accounts. Unless an aggreement is reached (contract) soon it will be our mission to relieve Oak Harbor of the freight we have labored years to secure for them. Sell sell sell ! It's all about choices.

I thought this was a ULP strike...

Justme must have the inteligence of a small soap dish!

Concerned, I stopped by a customer today. They told me the salesperson told them the Strike was over that they were back up and running at 100%. So i filled them in on what is really going on and to check out youtube.com and see how their freight is being handled.

This is really sad to see a company who was well repected being reduced to what you see on u tube. Ed & Dave wake up. Oak Harbor was a good company to work for. You have now put you and the company in the same catagory as so many fly by night companies that come and go with drivers who look like they haven't showered in days, who sit on their phones while the customer unloads the freight, who don't have a clue about how to preform customer service with each stop. I am sure with each cideo that I watch the driver would have been written up and or fired. WHAT ARE YOU THINKING? How long do you think the customers who havestood by you will put up with this kind of service. Get the real drivers back to work so some of the old oakh can by salvaged.

Super! Since you can't dispute my post you'll just go ahead and attack me.

Way to reinforcing the perception of Teamsters as goons and bullies!:rolleyes1:

What's to dispute? It appears you are of the opinion that ULP strike being called is somehow going to make employees forget about other issues they have had with this company. This strike was called as a ULP strike because that is the best chance the union has of effectively resolving this ongoing, contentious, dispute. Truckingboards posters are free individuals, and their opinions may differ materially from that of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters.

The underlying issues are the most dramatic by far, cutting heath care promised to retirees, militant strikebreakers. That just sounds as evil as it it is. If you have to communicate with the public one must understand they have a very limited attention span, and of course the first thing one does is not going to be to explain the individual labor violations in detail. The cumulative effect of all the company's indiscretions and ceaseless assault on their own workforce, is the real reason guys are holding signs instead of driving trucks.

Everyone would love to go to work, and the unions demands are far from frivolous. I believe it really comes down to what kind of world do you want to live in: Should someone not have a right to join or form a union? Should a company even exist if it's sole purpose for existence is to break/replace striking workers? Is it okay to threaten employees with replacement or plant closures as a part of bargaining? If the majority of Americans answer yes any of those questions we are all screwed, one more question? What brought the US out of the great depression I'll give a hint, it wasn't Wall Street?

Much respect to my brothers holding the line!
Utter disgust for 174 and 81 turncoats.

The favorite line of a prospective line crosser "a guy has to feed his family" I guess along those lines one could rationalize most anything, stealing, robbing a bank, or even killing someone. That's the low road a dirty line crosser would take.

The company is the one with the guys in black with combat boots. So who are the goons and bullies? If you go to the NLRB website, look up Oak Harbor Freight Lines you will see the ULP charges. There is really nothing more to explain. It has been explained many times, by many, not sure what you are not understanding maybe you should be more specific what part you don't understand.

Hope you guys are enjoying your vacation as it is soon to be over.

Good or bad I guess is up to you though. Good luck to everyone involved

He mentioned the soapdish because you keep asking about it being a ULP strike in just about every thread on this forum and you're getting the same answer every time. Just stop asking....

Could somebody please tell me the difference..... A man breaks into your house rapes your wife and kills her takes your valuables OR A man seduces your wife gets her to leave you and moves in with the a hole and takes half of your stuff? Both do the same thing to you but one guy goes to jail. The way I see this is ***** and Picket line crossers are stealing from me it is unfortunate that the law does not hang these basters from the highest tree. They Steal our jobs.... no different to me than Stealing $50,000.00 a year right out of my pocket. And these bastards with the help of the VPs will not get away with it. Pay back is a *****.

I hope the 3 v brothers see this post. Their son/nephew works for another NMF company and he is taking the brundt of these greedy low life peoples actions. They had jobs after the strike, they have lied to customers saying OAKH has come back nonunion, they crossed because they didn't loke being at the bottom of a senority list and lose their 5 weeks vacation. So it is not about being able to feed your family it is about people who have GREATLY benefited from the previous union contracts who have turned their backs on the rest of us. Your $300 thousand home is only worth $250 now. I hope you lose your a***************.

Keep wishing

Justme is wishing this wasn't a ULP strike. If he/she asks enough times, maybe it will come true. Keep clicking your heels Dorothy.

I know you "replacements" have all that free time alone, behind the wheel, to think about things. You obviously see that the company isn't doing that well. Things are about to change. What's next? Let your mind take you to all possibilities. Here's one scenario:

Striking teamsters will come back with their seniority intact.

Replacements and those that crossed will either be discarded, or have to rejoin the union with a four letter label floating over their head...FOREVER! There might even be fines to pay before you are reinstated.

Does this sound like a possible reality? Enjoy the drive.

Could somebody please tell me the difference..... A man breaks into your house rapes your wife and kills her takes your valuables OR A man seduces your wife gets her to leave you and moves in with the a hole and takes half of your stuff? Both do the same thing to you but one guy goes to jail. The way I see this is ***** and Picket line crossers are stealing from me it is unfortunate that the law does not hang these basters from the highest tree. They Steal our jobs.... no different to me than Stealing $50,000.00 a year right out of my pocket. And these bastards with the help of the VPs will not get away with it. Pay back is a *****.
The latter is due to you not getting the job done. The former is criminal behavior. If you see line-crossers as people stealing from you then you have a very narrow perception. This is probably due to you letting others tell you what to think for far too long. That will generally do it.
Living well is the best revenge.

Living well is the best revenge.

Yep....us Teamsters living well after finding other jobs while you guys are kicked to the curb due to the company closing its doors.

Your guys' problem is you're only thinking about the short-term outcomes. Us on the other side know what's going to happen in the long run.

This is really sad to see a company who was well repected being reduced to what you see on u tube. Ed & Dave wake up. Oak Harbor was a good company to work for. You have now put you and the company in the same catagory as so many fly by night companies that come and go with drivers who look like they haven't showered in days, who sit on their phones while the customer unloads the freight, who don't have a clue about how to preform customer service with each stop. I am sure with each cideo that I watch the driver would have been written up and or fired. WHAT ARE YOU THINKING? How long do you think the customers who havestood by you will put up with this kind of service. Get the real drivers back to work so some of the old oakh can by salvaged.

Thats just it! The boys are only interested in lining their pockets! They do not care about the employees ((being a family orientated company and all) of course they have not claimed that for a couple of years now)) Oh and lets not even get started on the "good Christian" angle we see how they a really aligned on that issue. Are the boys really so stupid to think we are buying into their lies, and deception?
They simply wish to make more money off of the true workers that they employ! The union is part of what made ohfl the company it is (was), and I for one say if they continue the way they have been going then shut them down. At best if they shut down, and go nonunion they will be just another fly by night ltl company.
As for the traitors that have crossed even (if) the union can not do any thing to them it doesn't mean the we as teamsters have to give them the time of day. I for one would not give them the courtesy of Pi**ing on them if they were on fire to put them out! As far as I am concerned they do not exist, and I used to consider one of them a friend of 20 years. Now I know what kind of friend he was, and I do not need such friends.

Yep....us Teamsters living well after finding other jobs while you guys are kicked to the curb due to the company closing its doors.

Your guys' problem is you're only thinking about the short-term outcomes. Us on the other side know what's going to happen in the long run.

Some of our drivers are returning from up north. I think UPSF drivers that have been laid off are thinking short term too. Oak Harbor has hired a few of them lately. I wonder if they will be as useless as the other replacement drivers. Be sure and get video for us to see.

AFIK my guys never said that they had a problem.

well isee that you are kinda clueless as to what is going on yes it is a labor dispute and yes we would like to have a contract in place these are both important issues i guess we just are able to multi task and not just think about 1 thing at a time i for one wouldnt mind if it were a edconomic strike but the unfair labor practices were going on for way to long and we got fed up unlike you we can stand up for ourselves :butt kiss: