FedEx Freight | Other News

Status
Not open for further replies.
XPO Logistics drivers in New York file to join Teamster union

https://www.ccjdigital.com/xpo-logi...a3c973&utm_term=newsletter-2-daily-position-2

The 34 drivers at the former Con-way Freight seek to join XPO freight workers in Laredo, Texas; Vernon, Calif.; Miami, Fla.; Aurora, Ill.; King of Prussia, Pa., and Trenton, N.J. and warehouse workers in North Haven, Conn. who have already joined the Teamsters.

FedEx Freight vs XPO. The contrast shows they are certainly handling things differently...

https://www.ccjdigital.com/xpo-logistics-drivers-in-new-york-file-to-join-teamsters-union/?utm_source=daily&utm_medium=email&utm_content=12-26-2017&utm_campaign=Commercial Carrier Journal&ust_id=124f9551466b2c5785e539d1cda3c973&utm_term=newsletter-2-daily-position-2

The 34 drivers at the former Con-way Freight seek to join XPO freight workers in Laredo, Texas; Vernon, Calif.; Miami, Fla.; Aurora, Ill.; King of Prussia, Pa., and Trenton, N.J. and warehouse workers in North Haven, Conn. who have already joined the Teamsters.

FedEx Freight vs XPO. The contrast shows they are certainly handling things differently...

:guiness:

https://www.ccjdigital.com/xpo-logistics-drivers-in-new-york-file-to-join-teamsters-union/?utm_source=daily&utm_medium=email&utm_content=12-26-2017&utm_campaign=Commercial Carrier Journal&ust_id=124f9551466b2c5785e539d1cda3c973&utm_term=newsletter-2-daily-position-2

It makes one wonder. Did the Teamsters really drop the ball that hard with FedEx Freight, or is working at XPO just that much worse?

I do know that XPO is being even more frugal than Con-way ever was, and that's saying something considering how frugal Con-way was. On the other hand, the Teamsters are involved in a war with XPO as a whole, not just the freight division, over unfair labor practices so they could be legitimately more interested in helping them out.

I can't speak for either side, myself, as an outside observer. I just know what I've been told through various sources.

It makes one wonder. Did the Teamsters really drop the ball that hard with FedEx Freight, or is working at XPO just that much worse?

I do know that XPO is being even more frugal than Con-way ever was, and that's saying something considering how frugal Con-way was. On the other hand, the Teamsters are involved in a war with XPO as a whole, not just the freight division, over unfair labor practices so they could be legitimately more interested in helping them out.

I can't speak for either side, myself, as an outside observer. I just know what I've been told through various sources.

I think it's a long story. The shortest version being that Yes, the Teamsters did drop the ball, while FedEx was able to get ahead of the curve and make enough changes necessary to get "back on track". Changes that seem to be real and lasting.

Conway seemed to take a different tactic, getting ahead of things early, then dropping the ball after the XPO acquisition.

Maybe one day, in another thread, the details can be sorted... Maybe not.

Ced
UPS preorders
Tesla trucks:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...c-semi-trucks-largest-order-yet-idUSKBN1ED1QM

"United Parcel Service Inc (UPS.N) said on Tuesday it is buying 125 Tesla Inc (TSLA.O) all-electric semi-trucks, the largest known order for the big rig so far, as the package delivery company expands its fleet of alternative-fuel vehicles."
Cedar Rapids,IA.(AP) An undisclosed source claims Tesla, and Cedar Rapids based Coop Dispatch, are in discussions on developing an electric, mobile Coop office, that can either be used as a dispatch center, or become mobile and used for short trips to deliver packages, and will be liftgate equipped.Elon Musk claims he could have these in production later in 2018, and they would have a range of 2-3 city blocks before needing a recharge. Big Dave had no comment on the discussions....

American Trucking Associations (ATA), called for the addition of a new 20 cent per gallon fee to be built into the price of transportation fuels collected at the terminal rack

http://www.trucker.com/business/ata-calls-extra-20-cent-gallon-fuel-tax

Have they lost their mind? 20 cents/gallon? Stupid money, IMHO
Just what they need.. More unregulated money to disperse as they see fit. This is where my tax dollars and fuel tax should already be going. Get rid of FEMA the IRS and EPA and other government agencies that waste billions, then I might listen.

I think it's a long story. The shortest version being that Yes, the Teamsters did drop the ball, while FedEx was able to get ahead of the curve and make enough changes necessary to get "back on track". Changes that seem to be real and lasting.

Conway seemed to take a different tactic, getting ahead of things early, then dropping the ball after the XPO acquisition.

Maybe one day, in another thread, the details can be sorted... Maybe not.

Time will tell.... The company will have the burden of proof.... People will be watching. Raising the insurance yet again during record profits says quite a lot and is more of the same IMO.

It was reported, Dave and Wong were seen at a drone flying school in Denver, they also stopped by Home Depot and purchased a drop cord 6 city blocks long.
Drop cords (14 AWG) weigh 1 lb per foot times 1000 feet to a city block time 6 blocks is about 6000 pounds. Do they make drones that can handle that kind of weight? Just asking. von.

Drop cords (14 AWG) weigh 1 lb per foot times 1000 feet to a city block time 6 blocks is about 6000 pounds. Do they make drones that can handle that kind of weight? Just asking. von.

Von, I don't think they are planning to use the drop cord with the drone.
I think the're trying to increase the distance on their electric coop device before charging.
I think chief engineer Wong, can tell you more about this.
I wouldn't put a lot of stock in anything BRG says, he doesn't see that well underneath the BAG

Von, I don't think they are planning to use the drop cord with the drone.
I think the're trying to increase the distance on their electric coop device before charging.
I think chief engineer Wong, can tell you more about this.
I wouldn't put a lot of stock in anything BRG says, he doesn't see that well underneath the BAG
10-4. von

American Trucking Associations (ATA), called for the addition of a new 20 cent per gallon fee to be built into the price of transportation fuels collected at the terminal rack

http://www.trucker.com/business/ata-calls-extra-20-cent-gallon-fuel-tax

Have they lost their mind? 20 cents/gallon? Stupid money, IMHO
While my truck was in the shop had a talk with the shop boss about this, he told me our company pays on average 2.50 per gallon for fuel at our terminal, we get 5 loads a week 7500 x 5 @ now would be 2.70. And we can't add a fuel surcharge to our freight in carhaul. freight is all priced into bid and car plants already have there destination charge on the window sticker. and this is just for my home terminal try to figure that out company wide. Glad I just drive and let this to the bean counters

Time will tell.... The company will have the burden of proof.... People will be watching. Raising the insurance yet again during record profits says quite a lot and is more of the same IMO.
I agree. The small increase in insurance cost seems unnecessary. Perhaps (likely) a way to offset the wage increase, slightly. I'm sure the reaction by the masses will be a consideration going forward.

Should probably dig into the insurance numbers to see what is really going on there.:nutkick:

I agree. The small increase in insurance cost seems unnecessary. Perhaps (likely) a way to offset the wage increase, slightly. I'm sure the reaction by the masses will be a consideration going forward.

Should probably dig into the insurance numbers to see what is really going on there.:idunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.