FedEx Freight | Other News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time will tell.... The company will have the burden of proof.... People will be watching. Raising the insurance yet again during record profits says quite a lot and is more of the same IMO.
I agree. The small increase in insurance cost seems unnecessary. Perhaps (likely) a way to offset the wage increase, slightly. I'm sure the reaction by the masses will be a consideration going forward.

Should probably dig into the insurance numbers to see what is really going on there.:idunno:

SureFly.jpg

The SureFly personal helicopter could fit two people and travel up to 70 miles before needing to refuel.

Workhorse to spin-off SureFly passenger drone business

http://www.fleetowner.com/news/work...m=email&elq2=1ebc07bf925f4c8b80805b4c42b3caab

2018's challenge: Too many jobs, not enough workers

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-biz-not-enough-workers-20171228-story.html

"The U.S. unemployment rate continues to sink, hitting a 17-year low in November (4.1 percent), and job seekers are finding work more easily than at any time since the mid-90s. Openings in the United States have now topped roughly 6 million for five months in a row, a record streak, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics ."
The big question is how many pay a livable wage.

No,no,no, Roger, Dodger

Ok, if you say so.Seabreeze, if it wasn't for some of these of the charts posts, Id be so bored I would have to go back to work. I always wondered what I would do with so much spare time when I retired. I does knoweth now. von

Last edited:
Sheeesh. The retirees are hogging channel 19....
NA, thats not hogging. But this might be. 'AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH breaker 19, how bout ya west bound, ya got a copy? For sure for sure east bound, kick it back. Ya all hurry on down to the 135mm, they be filming a movie. Titled 'Kojak with a Kodak taking your picture', come on. To much? von.

Ok, if you say so.Seabreeze, if it wasn't for some of these of the charts posts, Id be so bored I would have to go back to work. I always wondered what I would do with so much spare time when I retired. I does knoweth now. von

Von, I think with all this time on hand, we should pool our resources and buy YRC.
We could make Wong CEO, give all a15% raise, hire BillyLo and Ump, start hauling livestock, change the name to " Billy's Goat Express"

Von, I think with all this time on hand, we should pool our resources and buy YRC.
We could make Wong CEO, give all a15% raise, hire BillyLo and Ump, start hauling livestock, change the name to " Billy's Goat Express"
I am in. What price point do you expect on our IPO? von.

Yeah. But if you have 3 part time jobs,each paying minimum wage, you are making 25 an hour for 12 hours a week. That's the way the politicians want it....
No, what they really want is for everyone to sit at home and collect a government check so they can tell you what you're allowed to buy with it. They don't want you to own your home, they don't want you to own a car, and they want you to spend every dime just getting by paying your bills and feeding yourself. If you die, it's one less mouth to feed.

Only people rich enough to buy the bloody government are allowed to do what they want.

Report states that Home Depot expressed interest in acquiring XPO Logistics

http://www.logisticsmgmt.com/articl...expressed_interest_in_acquiring_xpo_logistics

"Not to be overlooked in this speculation is XPO’s leading position in the last-mile space, which has been spurred on by the ongoing advent of e-commerce activity, with consumers getting more comfortable ordering heavy goods and appliances online.

Industry stakeholders said on Truckingboards.com that if Home Depot had XPO in the fold it could help to level the playing field with Amazon, whereas if Amazon acquired XPO, Home Depot would lose significant scale and consumer value.

In a May 2017 interview with LM, Charlie Hitt, president of XPO’s last mile business unit said that the impact of a rapidly growing e-commerce market on the last mile sector, especially for heavy goods, is something that cannot be overstated."

Interesting reference to Truckingboards.com... Jeff may be becoming a source for breaking "logistics news"...:popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.