FedEx Freight | Other News

Status
Not open for further replies.
YctleRc.jpg

We can truthfully tell our customers "your shipment is on the road".....
Or, “on the boardwalk”.

That's a pretty horrific crash. Not much left of the Ground tractor. The only consolation is that, aside from a moment of utter terror for the Ground driver at the wheel, it would have probably been quick.

This is why these damn meat factories like Swift need to overhaul their training so it involves legitimate training. And for that matter, other carriers should start getting off their asses and get around to having training programs. PROFESSIONAL drivers should get PROFESSIONAL training. Creating someone capable of holding the steering wheel is NOT ENOUGH for ten tons of iron moving at 65mph.

Wow, nas! Thanks for posting. Glad no one was hurt.

Never seen damage like that to an Interstate bridge... That will be an EXPENSIVE claim.

"The Tennessee Highway Patrol cited the semi-truck driver and equipment moving company, D G Equipment Movers Llc. out of Lily, Kentucky.

Officials said the driver did not have the proper endorsements on his driver's license or the proper permit to be in the area. He was cited for the vehicle being overweight, over-height, over-width and for not having the proper endorsements on his license.

"It is absolutely, 100 percent the driver's fault and the company's fault for being in this area," said a THP sergeant."

fvIPht5.jpg

Wow, nas! Thanks for posting. Glad no one was hurt.

Never seen damage like that to an Interstate bridge... That will be an EXPENSIVE claim.

"The Tennessee Highway Patrol cited the semi-truck driver and equipment moving company, D G Equipment Movers Llc. out of Lily, Kentucky.

Officials said the driver did not have the proper endorsements on his driver's license or the proper permit to be in the area. He was cited for the vehicle being overweight, over-height, over-width and for not having the proper endorsements on his license.

"It is absolutely, 100 percent the driver's fault and the company's fault for being in this area," said a THP sergeant."

fvIPht5.jpg
Wait till they also get the bill for the dump truck..

Reactions: Ump
Huh...I let all of the air out of the driver’s seat, position my cooler between the seats with my old padded log book on top so my rear or hip sits perfectly, with my feet in the passenger seat and my head in the driver’s seat while using my jacket for a pillow...sleep like a baby (waking up every two hours looking for a nipple)!!

Also agree, naps are habit forming which is why I try not to take them...once you start your body relies on them IMO!!
I wouldn't want my head anywhere near his seat!! Seabreeze my arse! :1904::moon2:

Old Dominion Freight Line Posts Record First-Quarter Revenue of $925 Million

http://www.ttnews.com/articles/old-...3Nnl1VEtQRWF3WVRVS1wvVGsrWnlYNEg1cXU3UlRzIn0=

"Old Dominion says the revenue increased primarily because of a 15% increase in less-than-truckload tons and a 5.9% jump in LTL revenue per hundredweight. The company also said increased business and improved financial status allowed it to hire almost 12% more employees compared with the same period last year."

House approves amendment to standardize rules on meal, rest breaks

http://www.fleetowner.com/regulatio...m=email&elq2=705511ab37ba465aa5aae473b96c3c66

"The amendment, also known as the Denham-Cuellar-Costa Amendment, was approved by a bipartisan vote as part of the FAA reauthorization bill currently being debated by the House. It would standardize the meal and rest break provision for truck drivers by requiring all states to follow hours-of-service regulations."

FMCSA Announces Delay of Rule Involving Driver Medical Cards

http://www.ttnews.com/articles/fmcsa-announces-delay-rule-involving-driver-medical-cards?utm_source=express&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=newsletter&mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiWlRrM01tUTVPVGt4TURrNSIsInQiOiJyV1o2V1dOWEtwWVwvd2hOZnNPZldaYTh6WmZqellwdDhlVkJqY0VcL3ErUDVEUFM5NnYzTk1rZ3ljUVwvV1M1TXNXaCtSNUZpTk1aZWppS3I5WW9pXC8zNW5RaGhVSzhDVDB0alA3Nnl1VEtQRWF3WVRVS1wvVGsrWnlYNEg1cXU3UlRzIn0=

"A new federal rule due for implementation in June that would eliminate the need for truck drivers to carry their medical cards has been delayed for three years due to a hack of the registry of certified medical examiners in December."
BRG Patel, Medical Services Division,has been authorized by FMCSA,to be the sole nationwide provider of driver medical exams. Lead physician, DR. Harry Balz Patel, says he will have mobile facilities set up nationwide by June...

Status
Not open for further replies.