FedEx Freight | Other News

Status
Not open for further replies.
I struggle to comprehend the fact that Only 44.3% of those eligible to vote participated.

3 parties involved. Company, IBT, and rank/file members. Only 2 of the 3 show up to look after their own best interest. WOW... Hard to have any sympathy for the no-shows, especially in this current economic climate. Opportunity missed.
The rank and file have become apathetic.

Volvo uncovers emissions system degradation issue, scope of impact unknown

https://www.ccjdigital.com/volvo-un...tm_term=newsletter-2-daily-position-top-story

"Volvo Group, the global umbrella company of Volvo Trucks North America,has discovered that components of its emissions control systems are degrading “more quickly than expected,” which could cause the engines to fall out of compliance with emissions standards."

"Cummins in July announced a massive voluntary recall – as many as half a million engines – over a similar issue."

FedEx expanding freight forwarding capabilities with acquisition of Manton

https://about.van.fedex.com/newsroo...ding-capabilities-with-acquisition-of-manton/

"With operations across Australia, Manton connects customers to global markets through regional gateways and relationships with multiple air carriers. With specific expertise in the healthcare and automotive markets, Manton is a proven leader in air and ocean freight forwarding solutions, as well as customs brokerage.

Headquartered in Sydney, Australia, Manton will operate as a subsidiary of the FedEx Trade Networks operating company."

J.B. Hunt Says 10% Raises Are the Antidote to the Truck-Driver Shortage

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-raises-are-antidote-to-truck-driver-shortage

“We have been recruiting drivers very well in this difficult market because of the pay that we’ve been able to price into our deals for our drivers,”
Wonder what he means by price into the driver pay deals? Would like to just know what their turnover rate is now? 10 percent raise of 44 cents per mile is still only 48.5 per mile...

Wonder what he means by price into the driver pay deals? Would like to just know what their turnover rate is now? 10 percent raise of 44 cents per mile is still only 48.5 per mile...
That could be significant in that segment. I overheard a phone call with a recruiter from Schneider offering dedicated runs (for Target), home 2-3 times per week, plus home for a 34 hour reset, at the starting rate of 33 cents/mile. The driver declined without getting more details...
:hilarious:

More than 50,000 Kenworth, Peterbilt, Volvo tractors included in Cummins fuel line recall

https://www.ccjdigital.com/more-tha...a3c973&utm_term=newsletter-2-daily-position-1

"The recall stems from fuel lines potentially bursting if the fuel pump cooling circuit screen becoming restricted in certain driving conditions, such as on a long downhill grade. If the fuel line bursts, fuel could leak onto the road, and the engine could stall without warning. Daimler and Navistar have also announced recalls in recent weeks for the same issue."

More than 50,000 Kenworth, Peterbilt, Volvo tractors included in Cummins fuel line recall

https://www.ccjdigital.com/more-than-50000-kenworth-peterbilt-volvo-tractors-included-in-cummins-fuel-line-recall/?utm_source=daily&utm_medium=email&utm_content=10-18-2018&utm_campaign=Commercial Carrier Journal&ust_id=124f9551466b2c5785e539d1cda3c973&utm_term=newsletter-2-daily-position-1

"The recall stems from fuel lines potentially bursting if the fuel pump cooling circuit screen becoming restricted in certain driving conditions, such as on a long downhill grade. If the fuel line bursts, fuel could leak onto the road, and the engine could stall without warning. Daimler and Navistar have also announced recalls in recent weeks for the same issue."
Hope Coop Dispatch isn’t ordering Cummins engines in the 1,500 new KW autonomous trucks they just ordered from Tesla. I’m going to Tweet this to Big Dave Outwest immediately....

That could be significant in that segment. I overheard a phone call with a recruiter from Schneider offering dedicated runs (for Target), home 2-3 times per week, plus home for a 34 hour reset, at the starting rate of 33 cents/mile. The driver declined without getting more details...
:hilarious:
See JBH advertise for drivers to run containers out of Chicago area rail yards in a 200-250 radius, home everyday, and $77,000 a year. Didn’t tell you that your 10 off is in your sleeper in the rail yard, or you live across the street from it....

Do you think they could be in negotiations with Wong?

Do you think they could be in negotiations with Wong?
Naw. My partner as we speak, is talking with YRC so he and I can run team after the merger with Schneider....
k1ywnsd.jpg

See JBH advertise for drivers to run containers out of Chicago area rail yards in a 200-250 radius, home everyday, and $77,000 a year. Didn’t tell you that your 10 off is in your sleeper in the rail yard, or you live across the street from it....

Schneider is offering 85k In Mass for intermodal- all day cabs

I see a couple good ones as well, including one that the ATA will be VERY lucky to throw a blue blazer on!

Status
Not open for further replies.