FedEx Freight | Other News

Status
Not open for further replies.
FedEx confirms it was hit by global malware attack

http://www.ccjdigital.com/fedex-confirms-it-was-hit-by-global-malware-attack/?utm_source=daily&utm_medium=email&utm_content=05-15-2017&utm_campaign=Commercial Carrier Journal&ust_id=124f9551466b2c5785e539d1cda3c973#

“Like many other companies, FedEx is experiencing interference with some of our Windows-based systems caused by malware,” the company said in a statement to Reuters. “We are implementing remediation steps as quickly as possible.”
Harrison,AR.(AP) FedEx spokesperson, Furry Patel commented that they were grateful for Big Dave coming to Arkansas, and allowing his hat to be wrapped in tin foil, and used as a reflector to reverse the malware waves which were traced back to a source coming from a Waffle House near Little Rock.

Hoo boy, did they ever get this one right.

I'll be the first guy to say that I love my job. I'll also be the first guy to say it's not all sunshine and daisies.

One thing truckload carriers in particular are still grappling with is the concept of a driver wanting to go home. We're not robots, we're people. We have wants, needs, desires and dreams. Spending three days a month at home, even if you live by yourself in a bachelor apartment, is unacceptable. Treating you like you have nothing better to do with your time than live in a truck is a big reason why a lot of younger people give up on this industry after a very short time.

I live by myself, and I run as a team with my father, who lives with his wife. We both agreed that a week on the road at a time is plenty, and we insist on going home every Friday night because by the end of the week, neither of us wants to be out anymore. We take the weekend at home to recharge and by Monday we're both usually ready to go again.

It's simple. Do not expect a company to care about you. The ones that do care will let you see outside your cab more than once or twice a month and respect that your time is important to you. Because no matter how much money you make, or how many miles you run to make it...it stops feeling worthwhile if you don't actually get to enjoy yourself.

I'll be the first guy to say that I love my job. I'll also be the first guy to say it's not all sunshine and daisies.

One thing truckload carriers in particular are still grappling with is the concept of a driver wanting to go home. We're not robots, we're people. We have wants, needs, desires and dreams. Spending three days a month at home, even if you live by yourself in a bachelor apartment, is unacceptable. Treating you like you have nothing better to do with your time than live in a truck is a big reason why a lot of younger people give up on this industry after a very short time.

I live by myself, and I run as a team with my father, who lives with his wife. We both agreed that a week on the road at a time is plenty, and we insist on going home every Friday night because by the end of the week, neither of us wants to be out anymore. We take the weekend at home to recharge and by Monday we're both usually ready to go again.

It's simple. Do not expect a company to care about you. The ones that do care will let you see outside your cab more than once or twice a month and respect that your time is important to you. Because no matter how much money you make, or how many miles you run to make it...it stops feeling worthwhile if you don't actually get to enjoy yourself.

Amen. I did the truckload thing for five years. I would be out for three weeks minimum, but four weeks was normal. My dispatcher would still fight me on my home request even after four weeks. Even then you only received three days off and had to be ready for dispatch on the fourth day.

The good thing was I was allowed to take my wife when she wanted to go so we would take time off in different places we wanted to visit e.g. Las Vegas, but it was still a month on the road before we could.

I've seen 48 states, Canada, and visited Mexico border cities of Nuevo Laredo, Tijuana, MexiCali, and Juarez. I've visited our national treasures such as Mt. Rushmore, the Statue of Liberty, and Grand Canyon etc, all because of truck driving, but I don't miss it one bit now.

Absolutely agree... Especially in Truckload OTR operations. That is why turnover is so high.

I think it also applies to LTL drivers, to a lesser degree. City, for example offers to the social interaction. But the constant sense of urgency can take it's toll. High mile road runs can also consume every waking hour. Checks are nice, but the sacrifice...

Time is still the most valuable thing we have. A lack of free time certainly has an effect on all, including Dispatch, Managers, Directors, etc. Companies would be well served by encouraging an occasional 8 hour work day (or less), for salaried leadership, as well as drivers. Imagine that...

Werner Enterprises Joins Pursuit of Final-Mile Delivery

Read more at: http://www.ttnews.com/articles/base...utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=newsletter

"The new service will use two uniformed employees to make deliveries to residential and business addresses nationwide using straight trucks equipped with lift gates operating from about 200 locations in the United States, according to a statement issued May 15."

"Rival truckload carrier Schneider (No. 7 on the TT100) launched its own final-mile delivery service last year after acquiring Watkins & Shepard and Lodeso Inc. in June 2016.

Both companies are chasing XPO Logistics (No. 3 on the TT100 and No. 1 on the TT Top 50), which generated revenue of $828.2 million from its final-mile delivery business in 2016 and claims to be the nation’s largest provider of delivery services for goods other than parcels; and J.B. Hunt Transport Services (No. 4 on the TT100 and No. 2 on the TT Top 50), which provides residential and commercial delivery and installation services as part of its J.B. Hunt Dedicated Services business unit."

Averitt, Old Dominion Rated Top Carriers in Mastio Survey of Shippers

Read more at: http://www.ttnews.com/articles/basetemplate.aspx?storyid=46030&page=1

"Among the national less-than-truckload carriers, Old Dominion, No. 11, received the highest score at 78.5%"

"FedEx Freight (of No. 2 FedEx Corp.), ABF Freight (a division of No. 12 ArcBest Corp.), and XPO Logistics, No. 3, received scores between 62% and 67%, above the 60% average.

Saia, No. 25, received a 59.4% score. YRC Worldwide, No. 5, received a 50.4%. UPS Freight (part of No. 1 UPS Inc.) earned a 49.6%."

"...Central Transport, owned by Michigan’s Moroun family, came in last with a negative 4.8% score. The company didn’t respond to a request for comment."

Averitt, Old Dominion Rated Top Carriers in Mastio Survey of Shippers

Read more at: http://www.ttnews.com/articles/basetemplate.aspx?storyid=46030&page=1

"Among the national less-than-truckload carriers, Old Dominion, No. 11, received the highest score at 78.5%"

"FedEx Freight (of No. 2 FedEx Corp.), ABF Freight (a division of No. 12 ArcBest Corp.), and XPO Logistics, No. 3, received scores between 62% and 67%, above the 60% average.

Saia, No. 25, received a 59.4% score. YRC Worldwide, No. 5, received a 50.4%. UPS Freight (part of No. 1 UPS Inc.) earned a 49.6%."

"...Central Transport, owned by Michigan’s Moroun family, came in last with a negative 4.8% score. The company didn’t respond to a request for comment."

In the truckload category, the driving duo of team Wong- BRG helped CRST come in with the worst overall score of anyone,@ -15.. Consultant, BRG Patel stated they had no comment.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/linkedin-top-companies-2017-where-us-wants-work-now-daniel-roth

These 50 companies span 21 industries and employ some 3.3 million workers across the U.S. They are where professionals want to work now.

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAwVAAAAJDY2MzRmMjY5LTI1OGQtNDUwNS1iM2Y0LWM4MTI3NTFmOTkxNA.jpg

The Top Companies list is based on the billions of actions taken by LinkedIn's 500+ million members and looks at three main pillars: interest in a company's jobs, interest in a company's brand and employees, and employee retention. (You can read more about our full methodology here.)

Starbucks makes the list but no FedEx? Really?

Uber is now in the trucking business: 'press a button, get a load'

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/talkingtech/2017/05/18/uber-app-connects-trucks-loads/101836692/

"What used to take several hours and multiple phone calls can now be achieved with the touch of a button," writes Uber. "We send a rate confirmation within seconds, eliminating a common anxiety in trucking about whether or not the load is really confirmed."

Those perks ultimately may come to what Uber hopes will really be the big draw: quicker payments.

Where truckers often can wait weeks for payment, Uber is "committed to paying within a few days, fee-free, for every single load. When things don’t go as planned or drivers have to wait longer than expected, we pay for that too."

Trucking Moves America Forward unveils trucking mascot, seeks name suggestions

TMAF-mascot-2017-05-18-10-13.jpg

http://www.ccjdigital.com/trucking-moves-america-forward-unveils-trucking-mascot-seeks-name-suggestions/?utm_source=daily&utm_medium=email&utm_content=05-19-2017&utm_campaign=Commercial Carrier Journal&ust_id=124f9551466b2c5785e539d1cda3c973

Trucking Moves America Forward unveiled in a press conference on Facebook Live on Thursday its newest member – an unnamed mascot.

The industry image group is also asking for the industry’s help in naming the mascot.

Name submissions for the new mascot can be submitted via email to mascot @ truckingmovesamerica.com.

QFfGjJ2.jpg

This fella should be the mascot...Big Dave

I like it!! What do I win?

Trucking Moves America Forward unveils trucking mascot, seeks name suggestions

TMAF-mascot-2017-05-18-10-13.jpg

http://www.ccjdigital.com/trucking-moves-america-forward-unveils-trucking-mascot-seeks-name-suggestions/?utm_source=daily&utm_medium=email&utm_content=05-19-2017&utm_campaign=Commercial Carrier Journal&ust_id=124f9551466b2c5785e539d1cda3c973

Trucking Moves America Forward unveiled in a press conference on Facebook Live on Thursday its newest member – an unnamed mascot.

The industry image group is also asking for the industry’s help in naming the mascot.

Name submissions for the new mascot can be submitted via email to mascot @ truckingmovesamerica.com.

ViHLDxx.jpg

I am Igorfski, the "new",American trucker mascot....

Status
Not open for further replies.