FedEx Freight | Other News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Court orders Navistar to pay fleet nearly $31M in lawsuit against MaxxForce engines

http://www.ccjdigital.com/court-orders-navistar-to-pay-fleet-nearly-31m-in-lawsuit-against-maxxforce-engines/?utm_source=daily&utm_medium=email&utm_content=08-15-2017&utm_campaign=Commercial Carrier Journal&ust_id=124f9551466b2c5785e539d1cda3c973&utm_term=newsletter-2-daily-position-top-story

"Milan purchased 243 International ProStar tractors equipped with MaxxForce engines in 2011 and 2012. The jury awarded the carrier $10.8 million in actual damages and $20 million in punitive damages for the problems the carrier experienced with the engines."

"The company was the only engine maker to attempt to meet 2010 EPA emissions standards using only exhaust gas recirculation. All other North American engine makers chose to use the diesel exhaust fluid-based selective catalytic reduction system to meet the stricter emissions standards.

Navistar in late 2012 abandoned the strategy and opted for the SCR system."
All told, this lawsuit could've gone much, much worse for Navistar International.

nW8Pyng.jpg

ATRI wants drivers' opinions on top issues facing trucking

http://www.thetrucker.com/News/Story/ATRIwantsdriversopinionsontopissuesfacingtrucking

"“ATRI's annual survey provides a chance for thousands of trucking industry professionals, from drivers to executives, to weigh in on the most important topics that affect trucking and collectively decide on the roadmap for addressing each. With your participation, we can speak with a collective industry voice on what is most important to us,” said ATA Chairman Kevin Burch, president of Jet Express Inc., Dayton, Ohio.

Last year’s survey generated a record-breaking 3,285 responses, 64.5 percent of which came from professional truck drivers, followed by 27.8 percent from motor carriers and 7.7 percent from other industry stakeholders."

"Industry stakeholders are encouraged to complete the survey available on ATRI's website at truckingresearch.org."

States, routing firms prep truckers for solar eclipse traffic nightmare

http://fleetowner.com/operations/st...m=email&elq2=20501515e7814b229bc6074c56341286

"Davis said the eclipse is a good example of an event that creates "a totally unique" traffic configuration. He suggested while those in direct path should expect to see significantly more traffic, other areas may be likely to benefit from fewer vehicles on those roads.

Back in Oregon, Mike Card, president of Combined Transport in Central Point, expressed skepticism about how bad the traffic mess will be. But Card said it is important truck drivers are notified about the event, especially when it comes to safety. "Watch out for idiots pulling off the road right in front of you," he stressed."

I plan to be on off duty/lunch status. Safety 1st, no distractions... :cool:

http://fleetowner.com/operations/st...m=email&elq2=20501515e7814b229bc6074c56341286

"Davis said the eclipse is a good example of an event that creates "a totally unique" traffic configuration. He suggested while those in direct path should expect to see significantly more traffic, other areas may be likely to benefit from fewer vehicles on those roads.

Back in Oregon, Mike Card, president of Combined Transport in Central Point, expressed skepticism about how bad the traffic mess will be. But Card said it is important truck drivers are notified about the event, especially when it comes to safety. "Watch out for idiots pulling off the road right in front of you," he stressed."

I've got my eclipse glasses ready, I knocked one lens out so I can continue driving while observing...it's all about safety AND productivity!!

I don't know what the big deal is. For years, every time Big Dave gets out in public, his hat creates an eclipse, and people start to panic calling the authorities and wondering if their is an attack or something else causing the sky to darken????

I've got my eclipse glasses ready, I knocked one lens out so I can continue driving while observing...it's all about safety AND productivity!!

This would also would work well for drunk drivers, wouldn't need to close one eye to see a single image.
Red, might need to look into a patent on these glases

I,ve noticed trucks running in the path of the eclipse are buying bales of hay like crazy!

FedEx Chief Cites Investment, Integration, Innovation as Driving Record Results

http://www.ttnews.com/articles/fede...integration-innovation-driving-record-results

"FedEx achieved $60 billion in revenue for the first time, boosted by European acquisition TNT Express, and produced a record $5 billion operating profit, during the fiscal year ending May 31."

I thought we are broke. There are several city guys at my center that can't even get a working pallet jack.:idunno:

How Trucking is Preparing for the Solar Eclipse

http://www.truckinginfo.com/news/story/2017/08/how-trucking-is-preparing-for-the-solar-eclipse.aspx

"Each state will have restrictions in place to address the traffic, so make sure to check with the transportation agencies in each of the 14 states in the eclipse’s direct path to prepare for the traffic crunch. The Federal Highway Administration has set up a page dedicated to the August solar eclipse with links to state agency websites, general safety tips, as well as information on the event. It’s all a lot of preparation for an event that will only last a few minutes."

More from FHWA:
https://www.fhwa.dot.gov/trafficinfo/eclipse.htm

Move over breathalyzer … here comes the textalyzer

http://fleetowner.com/telematics/mo...m=email&elq2=3afa823196c444b999be4b681fb6bf18

"A textalyzer captures taps and swipes to determine if a driver was using their phone while operating a vehicle. It would also be able to tell if the driver was using a phone legally, such as via hands-free technology."

"...laws allowing textalyzers would most likely find their way to the Supreme Court."
I have one question about this technology. A lot of people use their phone to stream radio or play music through the radio. Why should someone doing the equivalent of changing a radio station be punished when someone who crashes while actually fiddling with the radio doesn't get the same treatment? Just because it's a phone?

I'm all for stopping texting and driving as a distraction, but a smart phone is a multipurpose device. If we're going to punish someone changing radio stations just because they're streaming it on their phone instead of using the knobs and buttons on the dashboard, then we have a bigger problem being created here. Distracted driving is distracted driving, and we're getting dangerously close to invalidating amenities cars have had for years in our pursuit of ending texting and driving. Where do we draw the line?

Personally, digging up your phone records, which prove beyond doubt what you were doing, is still the right way.

On a side note, the province of British Columbia has government issued car insurance. They're giving people rebates for installing phone jammers in their cars...which means they're creating a culture of people who won't want to carpool, in direct opposition to what they've been preaching for years. After all, who's gonna want to ride with you if they can't use their phone just because you want a rebate?

I have one question about this technology. A lot of people use their phone to stream radio or play music through the radio. Why should someone doing the equivalent of changing a radio station be punished when someone who crashes while actually fiddling with the radio doesn't get the same treatment? Just because it's a phone?

I'm all for stopping texting and driving as a distraction, but a smart phone is a multipurpose device. If we're going to punish someone changing radio stations just because they're streaming it on their phone instead of using the knobs and buttons on the dashboard, then we have a bigger problem being created here. Distracted driving is distracted driving, and we're getting dangerously close to invalidating amenities cars have had for years in our pursuit of ending texting and driving. Where do we draw the line?

Personally, digging up your phone records, which prove beyond doubt what you were doing, is still the right way.

On a side note, the province of British Columbia has government issued car insurance. They're giving people rebates for installing phone jammers in their cars...which means they're creating a culture of people who won't want to carpool, in direct opposition to what they've been preaching for years. After all, who's gonna want to ride with you if they can't use their phone just because you want a rebate?
Did you miss the part that says it detects taps and swipes, did you miss the part that says it can tell if the phone was being lawful used? Me personally I will smash it into pieces before I hand it over, regardless if I was using it or not.

FedEx Chief Cites Investment, Integration, Innovation as Driving Record Results

http://www.ttnews.com/articles/fede...integration-innovation-driving-record-results

"FedEx achieved $60 billion in revenue for the first time, boosted by European acquisition TNT Express, and produced a record $5 billion operating profit, during the fiscal year ending May 31."
Smith added that European revenue was also helped by Big Dave streaming live his favorite Bonanza episodes,on his web site,Coop Dispatch,and running a raffle for TNT customers only,to win an autographed,authentic, Big Dave hat....

Smith added that European revenue was also helped by Big Dave streaming live his favorite Bonanza episodes,on his web site,Coop Dispatch,and running a raffle for TNT customers only,to win an autographed,authentic, Big Dave hat....
I bought info on TNT customers from some Russian dudes to run my contest...

Status
Not open for further replies.