FedEx Freight | Other News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Von, tell Fuzzy you know me and he'll give ya a large Curry Slurpee. It's a new flavor he's working on...
What scares me the most is not the new flavor, but how & what did he use to clean the machine? Besides, if he is on a give back, did he cut back on the cleaning solution? von.

At BRG-Patel, you can't give back what you never had in the first place.
Plus all their funds are in a secret Bombay bank account.

Port of Virginia Keeps Breaking Records — and So Are Many Other Big Ports Across the Nation

http://www.ttnews.com/articles/port...and-so-are-many-other-big-ports-across-nation

"Other ports haven’t announced their August numbers yet, but it has been the same story at other’s: Savannah, Ga., and Charleston, S.C., on the East Coast; and Los Angeles and Long Beach, Calif., on the West Coast, the No. 1 and No. 2 ports in the nation.

The Port of New York and New Jersey – the nation’s third-largest port – posted its best June ever and its second-highest month on record."

FedEx Worker Goes Viral After He Personally Delivers Generators Ahead of Hurricane Irma

http://www.ttnews.com/articles/fede...ally-delivers-generators-ahead-hurricane-irma

“I really wasn’t mad, just frustrated I had spent so much to have it shipped next day and we might not have it in time for the storm.”

Imagine Wolf’s surprise, then, when a FedEx worker in his personal vehicle showed up at Wolf’s home about 7 p.m. on Sept. 8 with several generators stacked in his car.

“He said they unloaded all the generators from today’s delivery trucks and were personally delivering them to customers before the storm,” Wolf explained in his Facebook post. “WOW!”

FedEx Worker Goes Viral After He Personally Delivers Generators Ahead of Hurricane Irma

http://www.ttnews.com/articles/fede...ally-delivers-generators-ahead-hurricane-irma

“I really wasn’t mad, just frustrated I had spent so much to have it shipped next day and we might not have it in time for the storm.”

Imagine Wolf’s surprise, then, when a FedEx worker in his personal vehicle showed up at Wolf’s home about 7 p.m. on Sept. 8 with several generators stacked in his car.

“He said they unloaded all the generators from today’s delivery trucks and were personally delivering them to customers before the storm,” Wolf explained in his Facebook post. “WOW!”
Although this is a nice "feel good" story, there's a lot of legal implications that could arise.

Was the employee "on the clock" when these delivers were made? It's illegal for an employee to "work" off the clock. When preforming normal work duties they must be compensated by law or face major fines.

Then there's the liability side...was his personal vehicle covered by the company's insurance and since he was "working", was he covered by workmans comp in case of injury?

The only reason I bring up this side of the issue is because way back in our AF days this type of work was being preformed at our center and we were told to cease and desist immediately due to facing major fines if caught.

Although this is a nice "feel good" story, there's a lot of legal implications that could arise.

Was the employee "on the clock" when these delivers were made? It's illegal for an employee to "work" off the clock. When preforming normal work duties they must be compensated by law or face major fines.

Then there's the liability side...was his personal vehicle covered by the company's insurance and since he was "working", was he covered by workmans comp in case of injury?

The only reason I bring up this side of the issue is because way back in our AF days this type of work was being preformed at our center and we were told to cease and desist immediately due to facing major fines if caught.
Always remember. Good guys finish last.....

I completely agree, in the course of regular business. One "consideration" might be the volunteer nature of the endeavor, factoring the items (generators) and the impending natural disaster (hurricane). Wish we had more details on the specifics, but the risk and monetary value involved would be pretty low vs the benefit, IMHO.

When presented with the opportunity, FedEx tends to do things like this, as a matter of principal & good will. I think an award or two should be in order for those who made this happen. Bravo Zulu and Humanitarian award, both come to mind... :idunno:

And back in the Viking days, people were given awards for going above and beyond.

I completely agree, in the course of regular business. One "consideration" might be the volunteer nature of the endeavor, factoring the items (generators) and the impending natural disaster (hurricane). Wish we had more details on the specifics, but the risk and monetary value involved would be pretty low vs the benefit, IMHO.

When presented with the opportunity, FedEx tends to do things like this, as a matter of principal & good will. I think an award or two should be in order for those who made this happen. Bravo Zulu and Humanitarian award, both come to mind... :idunno:
Agreed...but in today's world of everyone looking to sue someone to get rich quick, it would only take a single accident for the whole gesture to be turned upside down...especially with todays driveby media that looks to sensationalize every mole hill. In this instance, not only would the risk and monetary value outweigh the benefit, the driver and whoever made the decision on the local level would almost certainly become the proverbial scapegoats...IMO.

Agreed, awards should be given because things turned out well but could you imagine the backlash had things went the other way??

Agreed...but in today's world of everyone looking to sue someone to get rich quick, it would only take a single accident for the whole gesture to be turned upside down...especially with todays driveby media that looks to sensationalize every mole hill. In this instance, not only would the risk and monetary value outweigh the benefit, the driver and whoever made the decision on the local level would almost certainly become the proverbial scapegoats...IMO.

Agreed, awards should be given because things turned out well but could you imagine the backlash had things went the other way??

I'm not sure that the risk was any higher than that for a normal delivery. Perhaps equal, or even less. Also, I wouldn't "bet" that the employees were not (or could not have been) paid. I doubt that was the highest concern for the parties involved, but most likely they were paid. :idunno:

I'm not sure that the risk was any higher than that for a normal delivery. Perhaps equal, or even less. Also, I wouldn't "bet" that the employees were not (or could not have been) paid. I doubt that was the highest concern for the parties involved, but most likely they were paid. :idunno:
I beg to differ considering FL was in the direct path of the hurricane, I'm guessing the risk was higher than a normal delivery day considering the roads were clogged by the many who were trying to evacuate and the others who were out searching for supplies to weather the storm.

Agreed, I'm guessing they were paid as well...and I'm also guessing they waited until they got home, ate dinner, grabbed a shower, and then called in to say the traffic was terrible but they're finally done, can you punch me out now plz?? :poke:

Again, I'm proud of those who went above and beyond but I can only imagine the backlash had something gone wrong with these noble deeds!! Sorry but for me the reward isn't worth the risk.

We are always last,because when we pull into town to talk to Big Dave at Coop Dispatch World HQ, it takes 15 minutes driving to get from the outer rim of the Hat, to get to his office.....
The hat rim is the Beltway around the Brain. Kind of like Electrons & Neutrons running around the brain trying to get home without crashing. von.

Status
Not open for further replies.