Holland | OTR regional out of Kansas city

Lucy in the Sky

TB Lurker
Credits
Hey guys new to the forum. I'm thinking of leaving my current truck load gig and getting into LTL. The closest city to me is kc but I'm still over an hour away so I can't be home every night and until I can move I need a regional gig. Pretty much only holland, yrc and Estes offer this for linehaul. I wanted to go with big E but they are no longer hiring. Also I have a buddy that works for yrc and says as a road driver at first all you do is sit by the phone

So that leaves me with holland. Basically just wanted to get opinions on if it's a good idea to go with them. They seem to run adds alot for regional drivers which makes me think they have a retention problem. Also everyone says ltl is getting ready to slow down and id rather not be laid off. But I'd really like to quit my job my best weeks are around 2,200 miles down to 1,700 on the low side @ 43 cpm.

Any input on the kc or springfield, mo terminal (would eventually like to transfer to p and d there) Or work rules would be appreciated!

Yrc owns holland so there is always a chance for getting laid off. Just depends on freight levels which is hard to predict. They do have trouble retaining drivers because of the pension issues but aside from that its a good place to work.

I've been with Holland for almost 2yrs. Aside from KNOWING about the concessions, I make good to excellent money, my paychecks are still very good because you get paid for almost everything you do (only a couple things you don't get paid for such as flipping placards and sliding 5th Wheels). MOST drivers avg 2500-3000+ miles a week (Yes, during the winter, that slows down) you could get laid off, I actually got lucky last year and wasn't. I am NOT out of KC, and rather NOT release my home domicile on here.

Hey guys new to the forum. I'm thinking of leaving my current truck load gig and getting into LTL. The closest city to me is kc but I'm still over an hour away so I can't be home every night and until I can move I need a regional gig. Pretty much only holland, yrc and Estes offer this for linehaul. I wanted to go with big E but they are no longer hiring. Also I have a buddy that works for yrc and says as a road driver at first all you do is sit by the phone

So that leaves me with holland. Basically just wanted to get opinions on if it's a good idea to go with them. They seem to run adds alot for regional drivers which makes me think they have a retention problem. Also everyone says ltl is getting ready to slow down and id rather not be laid off. But I'd really like to quit my job my best weeks are around 2,200 miles down to 1,700 on the low side @ 43 cpm.

Any input on the kc or springfield, mo terminal (would eventually like to transfer to p and d there) Or work rules would be appreciated!
Maybe about 900-1000 a week, gross? Right now? I would think at Holland, starting out you would gross that much, or even more as a new hire. Plus good health insurance. Pension? If you still have 20 years to work, at least get into the 401k while here. That, no one can touch

Maybe about 900-1000 a week, gross? Right now? I would think at Holland, starting out you would gross that much, or even more as a new hire. Plus good health insurance. Pension? If you still have 20 years to work, at least get into the 401k while here. That, no one can touch

Ya I gross about that. It would just suck to leave my job and turn into a day sleeper for the same pay and possibly get laid off so I'm apprehensive