Estes | OTR vs Linehaul?

Mavrickjubei

TB Lurker
Credits
There is a position open for Estes OTR Driver in a city close by that I am applying for. What is the difference between an Estes OTR driver and an Estes Linehaul driver? Does the OTR driver stay out longer(i.e. 2 to 3 weeks). Are these dedicated truckload accounts? Like say for an automotive plant? Thanks!

There is a position open for Estes OTR Driver in a city close by that I am applying for. What is the difference between an Estes OTR driver and an Estes Linehaul driver? Does the OTR driver stay out longer(i.e. 2 to 3 weeks). Are these dedicated truckload accounts? Like say for an automotive plant? Thanks!

I think you may be talking about the specialized division vs ltl linehaul. I don't think anyone stays out longer than 4 days & 5 nights. Unless you want to. In my opinion the specialized division is the same job with less pay. Its mostly 53' vans with one bill. (cheaper freight) "Truckload." Check out the specialized posts on this site. Estes linehaul is something like "OTR" if you run wild. I know folks that live in the east and run the western states and stay out for 5 weeks at a time. They still call it linehaul.