OTR wanting to get into FoodService

Well when I showed up for my interview I came after work I was covered in road salt, but we sat down and talked and I gave answers based on my experiences and at the end of the interview they offered me a job.

You probably don't have to wear a tailored suit just nice work cloths. Clean pair of black work slacks and like a button up or down collard shirt tucked in wear a nice clean pair of work boots, should be no problem. Then just be charming and nice. The phone interview is drivers license number and there going to tell you a little about the job and basically see what you know about the industry and show them you are interested and want to work there.

Well when I showed up for my interview I came after work I was covered in road salt, but we sat down and talked and I gave answers based on my experiences and at the end of the interview they offered me a job.

You probably don't have to wear a tailored suit just nice work cloths. Clean pair of black work slacks and like a button up or down collard shirt tucked in wear a nice clean pair of work boots, should be no problem. Then just be charming and nice. The phone interview is drivers license number and there going to tell you a little about the job and basically see what you know about the industry and show them you are interested and want to work there.

Ah so my suit would be overkill I see . So ok button down tucked in with work boots and slacks got it . You didn't have to do a road test or anything??

No it's not really they talk to you and then get you set up GFS has there own training and stuff so they don't really care what you did or what you know, because they want to train you there way anyhow so the road test is more of a formality. I didn't really have much of a road test believe it or not. I just drove the truck with another driver who had been around for sometime and he said "Yeah he can do it." and that was pretty much all it was.

No it's not really they talk to you and then get you set up GFS has there own training and stuff so they don't really care what you did or what you know, because they want to train you there way anyhow so the road test is more of a formality. I didn't really have much of a road test believe it or not. I just drove the truck with another driver who had been around for sometime and he said "Yeah he can do it." and that was pretty much all it was.

Holy cannoli . So when you say they actually train you , they actually train huh !? Awesome. My training with swifts program was more like just drive , make me money and don't Wreck my truck lol very little actual teaching . How long were you in training?

Well it's 3 weeks for me it was more like your Swift training because we were way short staffed when I hired on however for the new guys since I've started it's been much much more comprehensive. What they figure is people have bad habits I'm sure I have some and they want to break you of those, plus it's a little different then driving a swift truck. We had one guy come from Schneider and he really struggled in the beginning. He's much better now, but there will be a learning curve. I've written here if I had to go do OTR I would have a learning curve I've never really driven sleeper cabs and the long trailers aren't as big of a deal, but certainly for me it would be a little bit of a change, plus all the logging and stuff it would be different.

Well it's 3 weeks for me it was more like your Swift training because we were way short staffed when I hired on however for the new guys since I've started it's been much much more comprehensive. What they figure is people have bad habits I'm sure I have some and they want to break you of those, plus it's a little different then driving a swift truck. We had one guy come from Schneider and he really struggled in the beginning. He's much better now, but there will be a learning curve. I've written here if I had to go do OTR I would have a learning curve I've never really driven sleeper cabs and the long trailers aren't as big of a deal, but certainly for me it would be a little bit of a change, plus all the logging and stuff it would be different.

Ah ok , right now i have e logs . Do they make you work over your dot hrs and then lie on the log?? I'm sure the shorter day cab and trailer will need some adjustment period but it'll probably be a good thing because I'll over estimate with space initially because I'm used to the sleeper , can't never have enough space haha . The 10 speed will probably take the most because I've only driven and 8 speed satin fuller

Um, GFS is e-log to and no we do not violate DOT hours DOT hours are not going to be a problem. GFS is different from Swift much different the e-logs are different we do not use Qualcom it's all on a hand held scanner. Chains are only 4 days a week so your not going to work 70 hours in 4 days. It's a whole different world and a completely different animal then OTR.