FedEx Freight | Our Deeply FLawed Pay Scales (GPD)

I love the new spin we got this week, why we didn't get the GPD raise it's a classic. For all the center's at bottom gpd the new spin is coming your way be prepared to :438:

inform us driver, some terminals are months behind on getting information

Now they are playing the economy card in my state even though it really has little effect on us so far. Kind of funny when the Stock market crashed in 08 and freight dropped every where it never dropped here we were slammed. Kind of pathetic to use our states mis fortune because of our presidents policies that have hurt the mining industry. It's sad they will stoop to any level to make these pathetic excesses.

Now they are playing the economy card in my state even though it really has little effect on us so far. Kind of funny when the Stock market crashed in 08 and freight dropped every where it never dropped here we were slammed. Kind of pathetic to use our states mis fortune because of our presidents policies that have hurt the mining industry. It's sad they will stoop to any level to make these pathetic excesses.

Unlike our country, FXF is an organization that practices accountbility in finance.....i.e.less in, less out.....if you feel that is a pathetic excuse, so be it....but I feel it is irresponsible to put an organization in such a bad position to be "bailed" out by either a broke government or banks that will bleed it out.....in the end it benefits no one within the organization...

Unlike our country, FXF is an organization that practices accountbility in finance.....i.e.less in, less out.....if you feel that is a pathetic excuse, so be it....but I feel it is irresponsible to put an organization in such a bad position to be "bailed" out by either a broke government or banks that will bleed it out.....in the end it benefits no one within the organization...

Yeah we are in such bad shape I don't know how we keep the doors open. Did I not say it has not affected our terminal. Don't give me a speech about accountability we charge the same rates country wide so even though we get paid less our customers pay the same as everyone else. Their rates go up every year and fuel is cheap but we still charge that sur charge. We just had the stock buy back program how much did that cost? It's time for the company to be accountable to their employees for once.

maybe if we cut down on the number of managers that dont create revenue and let the drivers be drivers things might be better. Beer and onion rings for everyone, its valentines day

Yeah we are in such bad shape I don't know how we keep the doors open. Did I not say it has not affected our terminal. Don't give me a speech about accountability we charge the same rates country wide so even though we get paid less our customers pay the same as everyone else. Their rates go up every year and fuel is cheap but we still charge that sur charge. We just had the stock buy back program how much did that cost? It's time for the company to be accountable to their employees for once.
I have to hope that under the effort to make "FedEx Freight the employer of choice" (M. Ducker's words), that we will eventually be, at least among the top compensated in every market. Not just certain markets...

Still, as time goes by with no new announcements, we must presume things are right where they should be, right?

I have to hope that under the effort to make "FedEx Freight the employer of choice" (M. Ducker's words), that we will eventually be, at least among the top compensated in every market. Not just certain markets...

Still, as time goes by with no new announcements, we must presume things are right where they should be, right?

I doubt very seriously they will ever fix this issue. What do you think swamp will they will fix it? Be nice if they went with 2 pay scales like od that would be fair not 4 or however many we have.

Pay should be across the board like every other company out there. Where I live it is a tourist trap and all prices are jacked up. Our top rate takes three years to obtain and our top wage isn't even close to the cost of living of my geography. Someone needs to wake up. I was asked to work at a different terminal to help out which receives a higher pay scale. I asked if I was going to receive their rate. I was told no because I don't live down there. I said I am going to live there for a week. Don't ask me to do the same job as someone else if you're not going to give me an equal pay for the equal job!!!

I doubt very seriously they will ever fix this issue. What do you think swamp will they will fix it? Be nice if they went with 2 pay scales like od that would be fair not 4 or however many we have.
There are powers that be that seem to prefer the use of turnover data to justify the flaws in the system, rather than competitive wage data.

The good news is, there are some who actually want FXFE to be the employer of choice in all markets. In order to do so, this needs to be corrected. Even Mike Ducker has touched on this, although not directly. Sadly, the situation didn't happen over night, so it will likely take some time (and effort) to correct.

I'm doubtful that it will be done with the stroke of a pen, as quickly as we would like. Worth noting, there are some who want to get this taken care of. I hope they are successful. We are fortunate that some do care about it and see it as the significant issue that it is. Sadly though, it's not just one guy who we need to convince. I wish them luck in getting ahead of the curve on this smoldering issue. Not just for our sake, but for long term stability and integrity...

We need to be persistent, from our end, and never give up. Luck alone is not going to cut it, without effort.

That's called a union swamp ratt
Oh, I understand. I think we all know why there was incentive, last year, for the Company to move quickly in addressing the GPD at 56 locations. It was in their best interest to do so. Now, unless and until someone is carrying that kind of incentive around in their back pocket, and willing to play that/those card(s), we need to use the tools we have, not the tools we wish we had... As far as I'm concerned, the result is more important than the method.

Perhaps this particular issue can be attacked from several different fronts. The issue is real, provable, and can be corrected in a number of ways. Talking about it in the parking lot is not a very effective way to get the message to those who can correct it. If just half of those concerned with this would do something more, there would be movement, IMHO. I find it frustrating to sit and wait for others, to get something accomplished.

If you can't be part of the solution, at least be part of the problem... Or something like that. :poke:

UPDATE:

XPO/Conway announced raises, effective April.

It looks like another 50 cents/hr and 1 cent/mile for most regions, including mine. 25.41, going to $25.91 vs FedEx Freight at $24.58.

Worth noting, those at the correct GPD (CLT, HKY etc.) at $25.98 will remain competitive with XPO/Conway.

Guess we should update the list. Feel free to add additional carriers and known wage/location to the list.

UPS Freight: $27.65
Conway: $25.91 (will likely increase in Jan)
Old Dominion: $25.85
FedEx Freight: $24.58

As mentioned earlier, If just half of those concerned with this would do something more, there would be movement, IMHO.

A couple ways to voice concern (short of the "other" method) would be, go to home page and look up the contact info in the company directory for the individual who needs to know you concern. The other would be to use the suggestion form on the FXFE intranet. You should get a reply from the Manager-Compensation-FedEx Freight.

ZpBcJsT.jpg

Restated with additional info:

It looks like another 50 cents/hr and 1 cent/mile for most regions, including mine. 25.41, going to $25.91 vs FedEx Freight at $24.58.

Worth noting, those at the correct GPD (CLT, HKY etc.), at $25.98, will remain competitive with XPO/Conway's $25.91.

Guess we should update the list. Feel free to add additional carriers and known wage/location to the list.

Conway: $25.91

*Worth adding, in fairness, XPO/Conway does have a lower rate as some rural southern locations. That absolute lowest rate, not relevant to the above comparison, as of April: $25.27/hour and .596/mile

Restated with additional info:

Worth noting, those at the correct GPD (CLT, HKY etc.), at $25.98, will remain competitive with XPO/Conway's $25.91.

Conway: $25.91

*Worth adding, in fairness, XPO/Conway does have a lower rate as some rural southern locations. That absolute lowest rate, not relevant to the above comparison, as of April: $25.27/hour and .596/mile
Is the wage you show on here, is that an average pay for us? Because I make $27.33 an hour in my paycheck.

Oh ok. I guess the terminals that make the top, live in the high cost of living areas. Atleaast you would think they would.

No not always the case cost of living is only one small factor, turnover being the biggest factor. If you go back to the beginning of this thread you will see.