FedEx Freight | Our Deeply FLawed Pay Scales (GPD)

He already tried....it didn't work.
I don't recall anyone starting rumors. In fact, progress was made quietly, for some time, much to the chagrin of some not included initially. Only when the number passed 50% and approached 60% did the word get out. At the time, it was noted that the Company was slow to react. Well behind the curve.

Due to the reaction (request for time), enough had hope that corrections would come. Many did come, but not this one.Percentages remain above 50, but hampered by attrition, as well as some hope Diminishing hope? Perhaps.That puts us in that group that you say has no voice.

Getting back on topic, this issue TRANSCENDS the lines of pro/anti, management/non management, etc. Most everyone realizes something is not quite right with the competitive rates.

Last edited:
I don't recall anyone starting rumors. In fact, progress was made quietly, for some time, much to the chagrin of some not included initially. Only when the number passed 50% and approached 60% did the word get out...

CORRECTION:

For the record, the number was actually 37.5% in Oct 2014 when we had a visit from our favorite buster educational speaker :1036316054:. So, even though word was out, no rumors were ever floated. :nono h4h:

Truth is, even though we knew we were behind the competition, we didn't know why. It was chalked up to the ongoing Corporate squeeze. It was only after being passed over (April 2015), that research provided evidence of the flawed GPD. That's when there was a second (educational) visit. The numbers previously stated were associated with that time in history. My mistake.

I don't recall anyone starting rumors. In fact, progress was made quietly, for some time, much to the chagrin of some not included initially. Only when the number passed 50% and approached 60% did the word get out. At the time, it was noted that the Company was slow to react. Well behind the curve.

Due to the reaction (request for time), enough had hope that corrections would come. Many did come, but not this one.Percentages remain above 50, but hampered by attrition, as well as some hope Diminishing hope? Perhaps.That puts us in that group that you say has no voice.

Getting back on topic, this issue TRANSCENDS the lines of pro/anti, management/non management, etc. Most everyone realizes something is not quite right with the competitive rates.
I'm not going to question the amount of support you claim to have, did have , or will have, regardless of what my sources tell me/us...just as you shouldn't question the amount of support our decert movement has, had, or will have, regardless of what your sources have told you...and yes, that would put your center into the group of centers that have no voice. :poke:
Plus, this is a topic for the other thread, respectively.

Correction, NOTHING is "done quietly" when truck drivers are involved, truck drivers talk, it's what we do!!

Agreed, many corrections have been made by the company while others are "rumored" to be coming, and as for the next round of GPD assessments, who knows?? Perhaps these rumored corrections will be enough calm things down not only at your center, but those that are "rumored" to have support.

Getting back on topic, I wouldn't say "most" realize it but rather "many", or perhaps even "some"...and I'd say there's only a "few" that are "obsessed" with it!!

Getting back on topic, I wouldn't say "most" realize it but rather "many", or perhaps even "some"...and I'd say there's only a "few" that are "obsessed" with it!!

I can only go by what people say on the topic, without being asked. Obsessed is not the correct word. The (correct) words I used were disheartening and frustrating.

There must be reason why the Company doesn't see the problem, even though we can all see it clearly. I can only try to find and share the error. The Company understands numbers, and I am trying to help them, rather than just complaining. We all hope and want to believe that there is no punitive reason for not being equally competitive in this market.

The official explanation of the GPD shows the likely source of the problem, in this case. Easily corrected, IMHO.

Last edited:
I would think they would re-visit this at my center we can't get 2 positions filled 1 city and 1 road.
Yeah, I've been paying attention to the postings, to see if anything interesting is available, and did see those positions listed. I could be wrong, but I suspect they will offer a hiring bonus first, to incentivize the hiring process before bumping the GPD.

Yeah, I've been paying attention to the postings, to see if anything interesting is available, and did see those positions listed. I could be wrong, but I suspect they will offer a hiring bonus first, to incentivize the hiring process before bumping the GPD.

Yes i would think so the openings have been available for a while now.

Not really, we have a hard time covering road runs on a daily basis and it's not always due to our side. Freight can be moved in different lanes at different times, we just have to prioritize which freight has to move first and which freight can run later and still make service.

It's amazing when a few drivers take the time and effort to do the research on the cost of living numbers and present said numbers to upper mgmt in a professional way, they change the criteria so you can't get it. Changes from one center at a time to the whole state has to prove they warrant it.