FedEx Freight | Our Deeply FLawed Pay Scales (GPD)

It's amazing when a few drivers take the time and effort to do the research on the cost of living numbers and present said numbers to upper mgmt in a professional way, they change the criteria so you can't get it. Changes from one center at a time to the whole state has to prove they warrant it.

Doubt this will ever be addressed again jmo.

Doubt this will ever be addressed again jmo.
Wasn't going to bring it up again, but... May as well keep the data as current as we can.

US Bureau of Labor Statistics- Location based Comparative Data

CLT-BASELINE for comparison. 19.97 (FXFE- $26.73)

HKY- 19.20 (FXFE- $26.73)

CUB-20.09 (FXFE- $25.33)

CHS-20.34 (FXFE- $25.33)

GSP- 19.16 - 20.55
(Greenville - Spartanburg) Combined Average 19.85 (FXFE- $25.33)

FLO- 18.69 (FXFE- $25.33)

* those in bold are at level B (lowest)

Anyone can check your own location number, for comparison (post up, if you like). https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oessrcma.htm

My center was at the bottom pay scale for the first 15+ years of our existence, we only moved up several years ago. It didn't bother me then, nor does it bother me now that we're still 2nd from the bottom.

Were talking about the present. Like i said its easy to talk when your not at the bottom.

I'm guessing for years you were probably satisfied with your income...until you found out what others were making.

Guessing has never been your strong suit, Red.

For the longest time, we were at the top of the (non-union) LTL pay (and benefit) range, within the given geographic area. So no, we didn't pay very close attention to the evolution gradual decline. We were complacent, while the competition passed (many of) us by...

Only fools continue to be complacent, after being made aware of the cost of not paying attention...

It is very sad that when you sit down at a manditory driver meeting with the MD of your region and he can't or won't give you the criteria to meet so your terminal can obtain the GPD. The rules keep changing in the middle of the game, the phrase now is ***It;s not in the budget**** first time we heard this one. Here is an idea, lets cut some upper mgmt bonuses and pass it to the GPD.

I talked to a XPO driver the other day they just got a raise their current rate in our area is 26.62. I wonder why they make so much in our area :scratchhead:

I talked to a XPO driver the other day they just got a raise their current rate in our area is 26.62. I wonder why they make so much in our area :scratchhead:

probably because they don't have a pension or a 401 k match. Interesting that YRC was just granted GPD by the union. Their next contract looks to be a major bummer...as opposed to the current bummer they're working under.