FedEx Freight | Our Deeply FLawed Pay Scales (GPD)

It’s quite easy for FDXF to sustain the bottom 2 pay tiers.

ONE: The biggest reason is the employees won’t do anything about it. Why should they change it?

TWO: we have too many drivers that will tell you to be thankful for what you have and that you should NEVER ask or aspire for better. If you don’t like the pay or benefits here you should go somewhere else.

THREE: The company will only respond positively if they sense a threat of their people uniting. Otherwise you can forget it. Complaining on social media will get you absolutely nothing. It hasn’t worked and it never will.

FOUR: The only time in history when the company gave out a bunch of GDP raises to something approaching 56 terminals was when there was a national union campaign going on. 4 terminals stepped up and right after the raises happened everyone forgot all about those 4 terminals and didn’t support them. They chose to be spectators. I know, I was in the thick of it at one of those 4 terminals.

So, you really only have 2 choices.... Do something about it or learn to deal with it. It sucks but until we come together as drivers this pay and more importantly our medical insurance will continue to get worse and fall further behind our competition. OR, we take what we are given and accept our fate. At that point maybe we can talk about a stupid ass hat or take selfie’s with a damn trailer singing the corporate kumbaya. Nonetheless, I am done trying to convince people to stand up for themselves it has gotten old. I’m all in but I can only and will only speak for myself. I will spend the rest of my life digging out the daggers that were planted into my back in 2017. 53 of them to be exact. Best of luck in whatever any of you decide to do or not do.

It still blows my mind that FxF even is able to sustain the bottom 2 pay scales in today's market.

The only way I can rationalize it, is maybe the driving pool is so old and tenured, that FX knows they won't be quitting, and are riding the low pay scale policy until attrition, and lack of new drivers rears it's head, at which time they MAY see fit to offer competitive pay.....

At any rate, the bottom 2 scales should be eliminated, and the top 2 need a +3% bump,,, just to get Fx next to the other carriers that pay more.

"But, but,,, your total compensation package is moar!!"

Yeah, that may have been true 15yrs ago. But the hard #s tell a different story.

Not even taking into account FX's MASSIVE profit margins over the last year, and very likely, the year to come.
Massive profits but I bet we will get a sub par raise, along with a raise in insurance premiums for the cherry on top this year.

It’s quite easy for FDXF to sustain the bottom 2 pay tiers.

ONE: The biggest reason is the employees won’t do anything about it. Why should they change it?

TWO: we have too many drivers that will tell you to be thankful for what you have and that you should NEVER ask or aspire for better. If you don’t like the pay or benefits here you should go somewhere else.

THREE: The company will only respond positively if they sense a threat of their people uniting. Otherwise you can forget it. Complaining on social media will get you absolutely nothing. It hasn’t worked and it never will.

FOUR: The only time in history when the company gave out a bunch of GDP raises to something approaching 56 terminals was when there was a national union campaign going on. 4 terminals stepped up and right after the raises happened everyone forgot all about those 4 terminals and didn’t support them. They chose to be spectators. I know, I was in the thick of it at one of those 4 terminals.

So, you really only have 2 choices.... Do something about it or learn to deal with it. It sucks but until we come together as drivers this pay and more importantly our medical insurance will continue to get worse and fall further behind our competition. OR, we take what we are given and accept our fate. At that point maybe we can talk about a stupid ass hat or take selfie’s with a damn trailer singing the corporate kumbaya. Nonetheless, I am done trying to convince people to stand up for themselves it has gotten old. I’m all in but I can only and will only speak for myself. I will spend the rest of my life digging out the daggers that were planted into my back in 2017. 53 of them to be exact. Best of luck in whatever any of you decide to do or not do.
Cheer up....we'll be back to having cook outs in no time!
We have guys at our center who think we're overpaid now...
You can't ever make Amy headway with those type of people.
We hire the bottom of the barrel... Guys..and gals who have made $14.00 and hour in the past.
A $10.00 spike to start is like hitting the lottery for them.

Cheer up....we'll be back to having cook outs in no time!
We have guys at our center who think we're overpaid now...
You can't ever make Amy headway with those type of people.
We hire the bottom of the barrel... Guys..and gals who have made $14.00 and hour in the past.
A $10.00 spike to start is like hitting the lottery for them

LMAO

Pretty cute reply. not helpful, but actually kind of cute. Actually smart guy, we did mention that (transfer) option in another thread. Not a bad option. There are a couple other options that I'm sure are being considered, as well.
In a different forum, people would be chanting, "Fed, fed, fed...," at a reply such as this.

Every company has its zipper rippers under management's desk, I guess.

I heard Zanesville Ohio got raised up from bottom gpd this year. They were the only terminal in Ohio at bottom. Anyone else hear of any others getting raised up? I guess my terminal will always be stuck on the bottom thanks Fed Ex.

I heard Zanesville Ohio got raised up from bottom gpd this year. They were the only terminal in Ohio at bottom. Anyone else hear of any others getting raised up? I guess my terminal will always be stuck on the bottom thanks Fed Ex.
From what I was told by the WV guys that I see on the hub, they were told basically to get ****ed.

I think one of them is only 40-50 miles from ZZV, and I think they only got that because of the continual turnover there. Had a bunch tell fedex to pound sand and quit.

Board meeting footage

clowns GIF by The 90th Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade