FedEx Freight | Our Deeply FLawed Pay Scales (GPD)

Not mention this whole movement wasn't about pay.

If you were at my Center, I'm pretty certain you'd realize that for SOME locations, it is about pay. For some, they were (and still are) in line with most of the competition. Also, THIS thread has more to do with parity within the company, than anything else.

Also worth noting, at 5 or 6 locations, we have fallen even further behind the competition. How far behind? From about $3.50/hr (UPSF) to $1.80/hr (Conway), to about $1.00 (Estes), and almost every carrier out there, to varying degrees. Oh, there is that one carrier (Averritt), that we are still ahead of, for now... Each of the aforementioned carriers are due for additional annual increases, in the coming months.

On a positive note: There are said to be good (great?) things coming, they just can't tell us what they are... :scratchhead:

Did we forget? Know that each is expected to rise in the coming months... Stay tuned for updates.
Conway: $25.48
Old Dominion: $24.95
Southeastern: $24.48
Estes: $24.xx
FedEx Freight: $23.68

Further flaws and lack of parity within the company. Imagine, if you will, the dismay of a driver who transfers from one location, where the pay scale is second from the top (UPSF), to South Carolina, where the scale is second from the bottom (Averitt).
:1904::poster oops::1904:

Averitt: $23.xx

Last edited:
Further flaws and lack of parity within the company. Imagine, if you will, the dismay of a driver who transfers from one location, where the pay scale is second from the top (UPSF), to South Carolina, where the scale is second from the bottom (Averitt).

Averitt: $23.xx
I'd say....he should've done his homework before putting in the transfer order?
Or perhaps...he should be happy the center to which he wanted to transfer had a position available for him to transfer in to?
Or maybe...atleast he didn't have to leave the company altogether and find employment elsewhere?

There are times when people are just happy to be employed.

I'd say....he should've done his homework before putting in the transfer order?
Or perhaps...he should be happy the center to which he wanted to transfer had a position available for him to transfer in to?
Or maybe...atleast he didn't have to leave the company altogether and find employment elsewhere?

There are times when people are just happy to be employed.
So it really doesn't bother you, that if you had to move/transfer, that your wage might not be nearly as competitive? You have no reason to expect parity? No reason to expect a comparable wage for the market you enter, working for the same company?

I think that you may be arguing just argument's sake, since there is very little going on right now (or so it seems).

So it really doesn't bother you, that if you had to move/transfer, that your wage might not be nearly as competitive? You have no reason to expect parity? No reason to expect a comparable wage for the market you enter, working for the same company?

I think that you may be arguing just argument's sake, since there is very little going on right now (or so it seems).
If I were forced to transfer, I'd be happy to take what I could get...meaning I'd be happy if the center I was going to had a job available for me to transfer into regardless of their wages...if not, being forced, I'd take whatever job my skills allowed me to get.
I'd dig ditches for minimum wage if it meant keeping food on the table and a roof over my family's heads...until I could find something better.

I'd dig ditches for minimum wage if it meant keeping food on the table and a roof over my family's heads...until I could find something better.

I would hope that our skills allow us to NOT dig ditches. Certainly NOT for minimum wage. I'll agree with your premise, only because you qualified it with: "until I could find something better". That shouldn't take long, especially in today's market.

Still it seems to me the company should be comparable in any market. Not a better company in some locations and a lesser company in others, compared to the competition.

Last edited:
I would hope that our skills allow us to NOT dig ditches. Certainly NOT for minimum wage. I'll agree with your premise, only because you qualified it with: "until I could find something better". That shouldn't take long, especially in today's market.

Still it seems to me the company should be comparable in any market. Not a better company in some locations and a lesser company in others, compared to the competition.
You'd be surprised, there are a lot of truckload companies that wouldn't hire us because we haven't been in a sleeper unit in forever (not that we'd want to go back to that) but there are some that require the driver to have experience driving a sleeper unit for the previous two years before applying.

I agree....but I don't make the rules, I just try to follow them...most of the time.

You'd be surprised, there are a lot of truckload companies that wouldn't hire us because we haven't been in a sleeper unit in forever (not that we'd want to go back to that) but there are some that require the driver to have experience driving a sleeper unit for the previous two years before applying.

I agree....but I don't make the rules, I just try to follow them...most of the time.
If you can give me the name of such a company, I'd be willing to apply, just to see what happens... I'm quite capable and could certainly pass any road test, backing test, or interview. At least I hope I could. :scratchhead:

Red, truck load companies will hire anybody with a pulse and a cdl,and you're trying to bull ::shit:: somebody into thinking they won't hire you because you haven't slept in a sleeper for 2 years?

Do you even think before you type? I know who to get ahold of if I need some bad info.

If you can give me the name of such a company, I'd be willing to apply, just to see what happens... I'm quite capable and could certainly pass any road test, backing test, or interview. At least I hope I could. :scratchhead:
Red, truck load companies will hire anybody with a pulse and a cdl,and you're trying to bull :::shit::: somebody into thinking they won't hire you because you haven't slept in a sleeper for 2 years?
I stand corrected as I misunderstood the hiring manager for a truckload company that I'm friends with who I'd asked about a position for another friend of mine....what he said was their requirements are two years verifiable experience, "preferably" in a sleeper, and 1/2 million safe miles, meaning you can have 20 years experience but they'd "prefer" two of those twenty were in a sleeper at any time during those twenty, not the last two before applying.

I stand corrected as I misunderstood the hiring manager for a truckload company that I'm friends with who I'd asked about a position for another friend of mine....what he said was their requirements are two years verifiable experience, "preferably" in a sleeper, and 1/2 million safe miles, meaning you can have 20 years experience but they'd "prefer" two of those twenty were in a sleeper at any time during those twenty, not the last two before applying.
Thats nice Red why not a job at Freddies discount benefit truck line ? Its still better than truckload.......and he is a friend ? Some friend you are......

Thats nice Red why not a job at Freddies discount benefit truck line ? Its still better than truckload.......and he is a friend ? Some friend you are......
He wants to run coast to coast...unlike the union LTL companies, we are a "regional", scheduled, LTL company, we don't run coast to coast.

Been driving for 34 years. Teamster for 23 at 3 different companies. Everyone made the same under the NMFA. The split pay thing is BS. Using the excuse they cant find employees in the more expensive places to live. Sorry if someone lives there. But we all should get paid the same. Not bitching about the pay but we should all be paid the same.