XPO | Our final 10 yrs

XCCX

TB Legend
Credits
Now that we only have 10 yrs left before we're replaced by automated trucks as per Brad Jacobs I have been wondering what everyone's plans are fora new career?

Lol that’s pretty funny it’s 2017 and we still have people riding in 2004 sterlings so if my calculations are right by 2027 we will still have a lot of 2013 cascadias and some refurbs lurking around so probably by 2037 we will see a fully automated fleet :lmao:hell even if that il give them 2045 our job isn’t going anywhere anytime soon

Lol that’s pretty funny it’s 2017 and we still have people riding in 2004 sterlings so if my calculations are right by 2027 we will still have a lot of 2013 cascadias and some refurbs lurking around so probably by 2037 we will see a fully automated fleet :lmao:hell even if that il give them 2045 our job isn’t going anywhere anytime soon
I don't understand why would Jacobs say it if it's not true.

I don't understand why would Jacobs say it if it's not true.

He said, "There will be fully automated trucks in 10 years".

Not, "We won't have any drivers in 10 years."

But hey, being reasonable doesn't advance your unreasonable campaign, so I get it.

He said, "There will be fully automated trucks in 10 years".

Not, "We won't have any drivers in 10 years."

But hey, being reasonable doesn't advance your unreasonable campaign, so I get it.
He said we will have to repurpose drivers if I remember right. Doesn't matter if it's 10yrs or 50 yrs , all of the drivers or just a few its the message he sending to his drivers. "Showing the love" and selling stock. I get it.

Last edited:
I will say this. As long as he keeps cutting on everything I'm not so sure his equipment will be road worthy

Now to his credit the south in certain areas that I know of did get some new equipment but we still had a lot of ole stuff out there. I would think driverless trucks your equipment would have to be in tip top shape

Just to be clear I just listened to Jacobs again and his words are "drivers will have to be retooled that's a job 10 yrs from now that will have to be repurposed ". Pretty much sums up where HE believes it's going.

The Retirement Savings Plan is for those before 2011 ( I think ) it gives more of a match than the Personal Savings Plan. The RSP is 3% base and the PSP is 2% base - this leads to the different rankings RSP is at 75 while the PSP is at 67. Old Dominion is ranked 65 , btw.

If you have access to T.Rowe Price workplace retirement website

You can go in and see the rules for the particular plan you are in. If you are on a mobile browser go to the classic website , open the PLAN BENEFITS tab and select ABOUT YOUR PLAN

I posted this almost a year ago...
Is there still a difference for those hired after 2011. For a period of time were those hired after 2011 given NO matching , then that changed to 2%?

This is information on the Retirement Savings Plan ( RSP ) it's different than the Personal Savings Plan ( PSP ) which I believe newer employees are placed on. T.Rowe Price's website doesn't give information on the PSP if you are on the RSP. I'm curious how the retirement plans are different.

Last edited:
Just to be clear I just listened to Jacobs again and his words are "drivers will have to be retooled that's a job 10 yrs from now that will have to be repurposed ". Pretty much sums up where HE believes it's going.

Of course that's where it's going. No one with any sense is arguing that point. But I don't think he's saying he won't need any drivers in 10 years. It's already been 2 years since the buyout and what has changed?

I certainly wouldn't want to be on the bottom of the board somewhere when they start shoveling LH into the city, though.