R&L | Our jobs out the window!!!!!!!!!

I think everyone is. The economy,well I don't know what to think about this becouse the economy is they say is bad and I can see that but all of that frieght we deliver and pick up someone is buying it.

"Live long and prosper"..."NANU...NANU"..."Hey Yo Willie"....

You guys must all be Aliens, because of all the alienating verbiage on these boards. If you really think the end is near why are you still working for R+L. Why haven't you moved on to the greener grass down the road? Why you ask? Because you are still getting up and going to work at the same time...at the same place...for the same amount of pay.

Nothing has changed...maybe it will...maybe it wont. But worrying about it and spreading rumors of epic proportions on a forum board is enough to freak the feeble minds of some people. Listening to Union drivers glorifying their positions in life and how you should jump ship before it sinks is relatively absurd at this point.

In closing, If you don't like your job here at R+L...then move along. I for one am tired of the daily complaining about every little thing. Just go out and do your job and everything will be just fine in my opinion. Our Country/World is going to h3ll and all you guys can think about is yourselves and all the little things in life.

I'm gonna step down off my soapbox now and not care about the negative replies that will be flying my way from this point forward. Besides, it's bedtime and I need my beauty rest before strapping on my game face for another day of peddling freight and keeping the consumers happy.

Drinks some Jack Daniels and make your troubles go away.

i'm with you "drinks old no 7"...if you don't like your job, move on...the owners are not going to put themselves out on a limb with the video only to go back on their word..they could of easily said nothing and let whatever happens happen.....they have always been employee driven and for all those drivers complaining, well in my mind get over it! i don't worry about what i can not control. i come in, do my job and the rest i have to believe will take care of itself

It looks like we have some people that can see the light. This is not to hurt us, it is to help us. There are a few people on here that never see the positive side of anything. I like what I do, where I do it and whom I do it for.

You're right Wilson, as I said yesterday the grass is not always greener on the other side and the check is there every week.

I was in Central Dispatch and know that there are more outside carriers hauling now. Armellini, Landstar, SoCal, Pitzer, Bullet, and others. Paramount drivers are supposedly there for truckloads, but every day we were told that a Paramount driver was going to such and such terminal and to get them a load back to their home terminal. Most drivers and team drivers have nothing to worry about--or so I was told.

I was in Central Dispatch and know that there are more outside carriers hauling now. Armellini, Landstar, SoCal, Pitzer, Bullet, and others. Paramount drivers are supposedly there for truckloads, but every day we were told that a Paramount driver was going to such and such terminal and to get them a load back to their home terminal. Most drivers and team drivers have nothing to worry about--or so I was told.

Well this is what everyone was told I hope it is all true I'll keep on being happy:party-smiley-017::party-smiley-017::party-smiley-017::party-smiley-017:

for whats it worth, our terminal got together and basically decided that we could either get busy tryng, or get busy dying. were all doing whatever it takes to get more freight on our trucks at every pickup. we personally pass out route guides, driver business cards, and other sales material at every stop in attempt to get more business. i talk to conway and fedex drivers each week and they do similar things that r+l does. if we all do what it takes to help the company grow, we'll have job security. lets face it - right now the economy is tough. we all all need to do what it takes to keep things going in the right direction. be a part of the solution, not the problem. yes i do have concern, however we could sit around and watch things happen around us, or make an impact for positive change.

[QUOTE;for whats it worth, our terminal got together and basically decided that we could either get busy tryng, or get busy dying. were all doing whatever it takes to get more freight on our trucks at every pickup. we personally pass out route guides, driver business cards, and other sales material at every stop in attempt to get more business. i talk to conway and fedex drivers each week and they do similar things that r+l does. if we all do what it takes to help the company grow, we'll have job security. lets face it - right now the economy is tough. we all all need to do what it takes to keep things going in the right direction. be a part of the solution, not the problem. yes i do have concern, however we could sit around and watch things happen around us, or make an impact for positive change.[/QUOTE]

That is a great post.All that we need to do is get the negitive out and the positive in.:1036316054:

i passed a set of R&L pups tonight being pulled by a Paramount Freight sleeper on my way to Charlotte tonight. I just thought i would come in here and see what was up. I hope what I'm thinking doesn't happen to all you linehaul guys. Also FYI....this company is advertising for o/o's on several XM trucking shows.

i passed a set of R&L pups tonight being pulled by a Paramount Freight sleeper on my way to Charlotte tonight. I just thought i would come in here and see what was up. I hope what I'm thinking doesn't happen to all you linehaul guys. Also FYI....this company is advertising for o/o's on several XM trucking shows.

Locol or road for the o/o's.

Locol or road for the o/o's.
They are O/O teams.. They are getting .90 cents plus fuel surcharge.. The surcharge should be around .48-.52 cents a mile right now... So those guys are getting around 1.40 a mile....... What WIL said to me when I called was the "lease" drivers are to help when it gets busy, the O/O are to do what all the outside carriers are doing right know, it'll help R&L have better control of everthing....... After calling I still don't belive them..... I think R&L Carriers is going to be for sale soon... Paramount will be their new toy. Just a crazy theory I have(NOT A RUMOR)..............................

I already got my truck picked out at the dealership. :hysterical: What I've herd from a higher up is that the Paramount drivers will be like having a casual board. They'll be used day or night, for city or linehaul. When things are slow they will sit at home. We use allot of Transforce drivers for the same reason right now. It's much cheaper for them to hire their own lease drivers then it is to bring the temps in.