R&L | Our jobs out the window!!!!!!!!!

Had 2 linehaulers sit home this week while O/O pulled thier loads in. They were told their was no run... Saw the inbound manifests myself it was their loads the o/o pulled in..... Does not give me a good feeling...

Had 2 linehaulers sit home this week while O/O pulled thier loads in. They were told their was no run... Saw the inbound manifests myself it was their loads the o/o pulled in..... Does not give me a good feeling...

Were did this happen at?I hope this will not be a reg thing.

>>I already got my truck picked out at the dealership. What I've herd from a higher up is that the Paramount drivers will be like having a casual board. They'll be used day or night, for city or linehaul. When things are slow they will sit at home. We use allot of Transforce drivers for the same reason right now. It's much cheaper for them to hire their own lease drivers then it is to bring the temps in.<<

That Transforce is a crappy outfit.

I started with them in July 2005. They had just gotten a deal with Penske Logistics to pull trailers for General Motors between their Kansas City plant and their seat manufacturer. It was supposed to be temp-to-hire. All we did was go between the 2 docks. I only spent about 2 to 2.5 hours of a 9-hour shift actually doing anything. In September, GM decided they didn't want the extra drivers they asked for, and we were laid off. Transforce then sent me to do a local curtainside lumber job in the meantime, something I specifically requested NOT to do. They told me that there was a company that was putting on a linehaul driver, and my interview would be in a couple weeks. I finally interviewed, then found out later Transforce had sent a dozen drivers there to interview, and they were just picking and choosing from them. I ended up having to stay with the stupid lumber job until next January. The lumber company wanted to hire me on permanently, because I never complained about the job (even though I hated it.) They said if I didn't take the job, then they were going to go back to Transforce and get someone else that they could train to hire permanently. After this, Transforce was pretty much calling me just on Mondays and Fridays to cover for drunks and other idiots that truck companies in KC like to hire. In the meantime, Penske had some other positions come open, but I couldn't take any of them because the boss there lied and said I &quot;didn't know how to do the job, and had to keep asking someone how to do it.&quot; This was a total lie. The real reason was that the black boss didn't like any white males under 40, and I noticed when I was there that I was one of two (the other one had gotten fired for some reason or another. I made a complaint to EEOC, but I was told that although it is illegal to discriminate on this basis, they are not funded to help white males under 40.) I found another job, and asked Transforce if they needed any notice. They wanted two weeks. So, I give them two weeks, and then they don't keep me working hardly at all. The final insult was when they made me take a drug test THREE DAYS before the end of my notice.

I was talking to an o/o last week. Said their were a lot of broken promises. (only one side of story) but it was his last pull. They were holding their fuel % from them and it just wasn't working out for him. I haven't seen any real great equipment come into our yard. Old tired junk mostly.

Latley it's green and white trucks Simmons maybe? They are the ones that pulled our own Linehaulers loads in and left our guys sitting at home.

I was talking to an o/o last week. Said their were a lot of broken promises. (only one side of story) but it was his last pull. They were holding their fuel % from them and it just wasn't working out for him. I haven't seen any real great equipment come into our yard. Old tired junk mostly.

Latley it's green and white trucks Simmons maybe? They are the ones that pulled our own Linehaulers loads in and left our guys sitting at home.
Well R&L has always talked a good line... They have never done what they said they are going to do!!!!!!!!!! I thought it was illegal to hold the surcharge?????

Sewell are the green and white ones that come into our barn. They are also based out of Wilmington, OH.

The same here in PHI they come in every day with at least 1 truck but they also have 2 come in.We get alot of our gov deliverys from RIC but landstar brings them in 2 times a week.Sewell has been coming in our barn for awhile but landstar started a few month ago.I have never seen a paramount O/O in our barn. And they are diff colors one is a white with green letters frieghtliner and the other are a maron KW or a internation

I just have this bad feeling that at somepoint maybe a few years away (it will take time to build workforce) that the o/o will be doing all linehauls (half the cost of us doing it) then the new &quot;Paramount drivers&quot; will be doing P&D and we will be out on the outside looking in.

No I have no evidence to back this up just my 2 cents worth. I hope it does not turn out this way.

I just have this bad feeling that at somepoint maybe a few years away (it will take time to build workforce) that the o/o will be doing all linehauls (half the cost of us doing it) then the new &quot;Paramount drivers&quot; will be doing P&D and we will be out on the outside looking in.

No I have no evidence to back this up just my 2 cents worth. I hope it does not turn out this way.

Somehow I don't think it will come to that. The TM told me once that he had a hard time getting people to work here for 21 bucks an hour, let alone 16.

Somehow I don't think it will come to that. The TM told me once that he had a hard time getting people to work here for 21 bucks an hour, let alone 16.

Sling Blade, I agree with you on this....I would like to see a driver do what we do, for $15 or $16.. No way!!! The quality of driver you can get for that rate is right out of school, and would not be able to get those 15 stops off and 10 pick ups made by 4 or 5 pm... Why would someone work for us for that lower rate when they can go to any other LTL and make more???

I say ride it out and see what happens, we have good jobs making good money. I don't think standing in the unemployment line is the answer, do your job and keep your mouth shut and we won't have anything to fear.

I say ride it out and see what happens, we have good jobs making good money. I don't think standing in the unemployment line is the answer, do your job and keep your mouth shut and we won't have anything to fear.

&quot;Keep your mouth shut&quot;????????? WTF???? I wouldn't do well over there. TE out.....