R&L | Our jobs out the window!!!!!!!!!

If they want to save money then get rid of the race car. top rate burlington 24.70 for drivers
i heard the lease drivers will be paid 16.00 and no benifits boys the writing is on the wall told you guys we should have voted in a union so they could'nt f__k with us

They do get benefits, they are expensive though. They pay $50 a week for about the same plan we already have.

Don't look for Con-way to play the price slashing game...not our style...never has been...

Sorry Boss, I have copies of customer's Con-Way tariffs laying all around my house that show otherwise :)

To be fair, Con-Way doesn't go straight in and sell price like some, but we have all been forced to cut prices a little more recently than we like to, just to keep freight on trucks. Service is sadly, a lot harder to sell than it used to be with everyone freaking out about the economy. Not impossible, just harder to get people past $$ to the total "price" of freight.

Pricing....

One thing a lot of people don't consider when they are looking at the discounts carriers are giving out relates to the FAK's being passed out like candy by a lot of carriers.

When the FAK's are taken into account I would bet that there are some shippers out there that are getting discounts over 90%.

Hell, there have been carriers in the past that were giving out 90% discounts long before this. Where are they now?? OOB!!. Every single one of us is out there working to put the freight on our respective trucks. Once the gloom and doom fades and we start seeing an uptick in the economy then I am positive adjustments will be made. 2009 1st quarter will see all carriers taking a general rate increase anywhere from 5.1% to 5.9%.

Hell, there have been carriers in the past that were giving out 90% discounts long before this. Where are they now?? OOB!!. Every single one of us is out there working to put the freight on our respective trucks. Once the gloom and doom fades and we start seeing an uptick in the economy then I am positive adjustments will be made. 2009 1st quarter will see all carriers taking a general rate increase anywhere from 5.1% to 5.9%.

I think alot of the carriers that can afford it, are slashing rates to try and put the competition out of business...The "Death Nail" if you will...