R&L | Our we getting rid of the macks

2nd shift

TB Lurker
Credits
A few drivers tell me that we are getting rid of the macks and going back to all singel axel truck anyone else heard that samething?

no, they will not get rid of the macks. if anything, they will just phase them out. no other company is stupid enough to buy our macks. as far as the single axels, they are slightly used penske trucks the company got. they are the newer style internationals (estes has a lot of them). they are white with green lettering. i switched out with a wil driver on friday night and that was what he was driving.

300 new single axle Internationals on order. All the ones we are getting in right now are from Penske and Ideal Lease. The line haul fleet is to be changed over to single axles with in the next two years. You will only use a tandem if needed. I look forward to the night I have to let my new single axle sit in the yard and have to take an old worn out tandem on the run. :toxic:

:busted_blue:Chickenwing hows the new run? :smilie_132: With the weight I have everynight there is no way I could do it with a single axle. Front pup usually has 25-30k on it. On the other hand I heard that they have 400 cats in them. That would be great on the hills.

300 new single axle Internationals on order. All the ones we are getting in right now are from Penske and Ideal Lease. The line haul fleet is to be changed over to single axles with in the next two years. You will only use a tandem if needed. I look forward to the night I have to let my new single axle sit in the yard and have to take an old worn out tandem on the run. :toxic:

Not only that, but people will have to start getting used to one less set of brakes. Pulling a 48' with a single with 30k on it doesn't want to stop too good.

:busted_blue:Chickenwing hows the new run? :smilie_132: With the weight I have everynight there is no way I could do it with a single axle. Front pup usually has 25-30k on it. On the other hand I heard that they have 400 cats in them. That would be great on the hills.

If it were up to me, we'd still be meeting in Strattanville. It's getting better though. It's almost running on time. I've been beating Dave back in the morning. I think you're going to have to pick up the pace a little.

As for the weight... I scaled out at 83,900 on Friday night. I have to run heavy both ways on this bid, and it's always pups.

Cats

I'm a city driver so I don't pull the weight that you guys do. All the trucks the company has been buying are Cummins or Detroit powered, no Cats.

Before I quit, I was told that all L/H would be single axle tractors. The teams were worried about getting into single axle sleepers--not sure if that will happen. I was in Central and I liked it pretty much, but it just didn't pay enough for my overhead (1 wife, 2 daughters!). I did like the newer International 8600 tractors-they ride better than the 9200 series.

T/m at our barn has told us we all must run tandems on any LH.

My TM says a lot of things but a week or two later it changes and he says he never said it before, and he'll act as if it is a new idea he thought of.We'll all be running singles on line hauls,it's a matter of saving a lot on tolls up here in the northeast