R&L | Our we getting rid of the macks

i have a single axle and i love it it has a isx red top in fact it rides better with a set of pubs than a 48 footer only thing is that the have to start lighten it up on the drive axle from 34 to 20

Well Guys, I was told today that all L/H drivers at my terminal will be swapping over to single axles as of Monday.
When I asked which tractor I would be swapping into, I was informed that I, a driver who's number three in seniority at the terminal and number one on the L/H board would be assigned 41xx and would no longer be sharing tractors with another driver.
That's right fellas, I get to change from a 2004 PT with an ISX, to a 1995 jif-equipped Ford with the aftermarket A/C.
Gee, I'm so happy......

But on the bright side, when it breaks down on my 600+ mile line haul, I won't have to worry about the other driver waiting on it.

i was told that thay r not painting any more truck .they have been bring single axle truck into ellenwood pig back going some where esle new international like what ests got also met a wil guy drive the new international like the new car haul truck . day cab too they send those truck to cal look good

Well Guys, I was told today that all L/H drivers at my terminal will be swapping over to single axles as of Monday.
When I asked which tractor I would be swapping into, I was informed that I, a driver who's number three in seniority at the terminal and number one on the L/H board would be assigned 41xx and would no longer be sharing tractors with another driver.
That's right fellas, I get to change from a 2004 PT with an ISX, to a 1995 jif-equipped Ford with the aftermarket A/C.
Gee, I'm so happy......

But on the bright side, when it breaks down on my 600+ mile line haul, I won't have to worry about the other driver waiting on it.

Diver,

Are they bringing those old trucks in, or have they been at your terminal...Man, I really feel for guys going back to the old Fords...I haven't driven one of those ,or even seen one around in ten years..I know they had a lot of them for sale in Wilmington.
What are they going to do with your 2004PT?
Best of luck with it, maybe it will only be temporary...

they use the old old ford and stering in ellenwood use for p&d. the ones i saw wedneday was 3 yellow new international and 1 old green ford pig back . the wil driver said they have alot new single international all yellow that they r senting out . the north terminal got all mack i no they was new trucks. so i guess everybody will be get the international truck

i was told that thay r not painting any more truck .they have been bring single axle truck into ellenwood pig back going some where esle new international like what ests got also met a wil guy drive the new international like the new car haul truck . day cab too they send those truck to cal look good

Our body sop guy told me that they are staying that penski yellow alls that are doing is painting the frames.Becouse they were out looking at my frame becouse it is all rusted.

:angry2:
Diver,

Are they bringing those old trucks in, or have they been at your terminal...Man, I really feel for guys going back to the old Fords...I haven't driven one of those ,or even seen one around in ten years..I know they had a lot of them for sale in Wilmington.
What are they going to do with your 2004PT?
Best of luck with it, maybe it will only be temporary...

Naw, they've been here, we've probably got about 30-35 of them working P/D and now have a couple doing L/H also.
The problem is that we don't have enough equipment for all our drivers really. During the day, if it'll run, it's on the street working. And I have a daytime L/H run, so I get what I get. My PT will be working the city as of Monday, probably be assigned to one of P/D guys who was still in elementry school when I started here :angry2:

Ya'll have a good weekend, I've got to run in the morning (Saturday), so I've got to get to bed. :smilie_132:

whAT IS GOING ON R&L SELLING OFF PROPRTIES LIKE MAD SOUNDS LIKE THEY NEED MONEY
Can you explain?????? I'm not a company kiss a** but when a guy spouts off like you just did it gets me a little upset.... Put some facts behind your ignorance!!!!!!!!! FYI Vitran was in a R&L owned barn in STL...... What a dump!!!!!! I'm sure i can find some pics of it somewhere.... At one time they (R&L) owned four terminals in STL not sure of how many now.....

Gee, I'm so happy......

See what being at the top gets ya LOL.... Hey just think all that extra leg room:biglaugh: Hope it gets better...... All jokes aside better make sure the defroster is in good working order winter is around the corner:1036316054:..... If it's equiped with a dash mounted fan that works thats even better for those windows!!!!!

whAT IS GOING ON R&L SELLING OFF PROPRTIES LIKE MAD SOUNDS LIKE THEY NEED MONEY

YUP! Big trouble sell off properties that they've out grown and or can't expand upon. Or run out of companies to lease the to. Sure sounds like trouble to me.:chairshot:
I'd like to know how the Roberts Properties compares to the big boys, I know fedex leases some from r&l, probably the only company that has more owned terminals would have to be YRC.

I remember when guys used to fight over the (new) Fords. Just think, some of those trucks have less miles on then the newer Macks. As long as the stereo works I'm happy. Then again, I can always use my old Conway slip seat box again. I knew I kept that thing for a reason.

Playsinmud, I know a couple of guys out of your barn that run singles on linehaul.

All the fords that I have had to use the air,radio,heat,ect didn't work.And they gave me a headake from the stacks that are under the truck and the noise.:chairshot:

Chickenwing, Thier is one that I know of. I think now if all the tandems are out or down someone takes a singe south but I havent seen it in a while.

I know your early night WIL driver runs one, and Norwalk did when I ran with him. I guess it's just because you guys are hurting for trucks. Keith said he's been trying to get a twin for awhile, but always ends up back in the single.

Our WIL is a twin and the Norwalk has been a twin for 3 years now..... And yes we are hurting for trucks. Right now if a truck goes down someone is not able to work.