Central Transport | Over 16,000 shipments picked up yesterday....

Its not hard, I do the same thing daily, plus I'm covering picks for part of another terminals territory since they can't keep drivers.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Hold on nophix ....use this place as a stepping stone.......Something better will come along.

Its easy when you just smash the hell out of the freight rather than take the time to do it right.

The freight we're seeing get to our terminal is abysmal failure to the power of scrap. :

And that's coming from a veteran CT driver.

I've been with another company for over three months now. Know how many OSD Calls I've made because of damaged freight? ONE. YESTERDAY. Refused because the shipper overloaded the skid and the weight of the steel crushed the skid.

Let that sink in a moment.... Over three months... ONE damage claim. We don't need salvage runs to a whole warehouse of damaged freight. Keep destroying the customers freight... It's good for business. (OURS!)

In the meantime, I'm still hauling Vitran Freight, I'm just picking it up in a ****** truck. LOL!

By the way, we have a "driver retention program" too... It's called "GOOD PAY AND BENEFITS".

(You should ask all your drivers who left about it... They'll be able to explain it to you.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been with another company for over three months now. Know how many OSD Calls I've made because of damaged freight? ONE. YESTERDAY. Refused because the shipper overloaded the skid and the weight of the steel crushed the skid.

Let that sink in a moment.... Over three months... ONE damage claim. We don't need salvage runs to a whole warehouse of damaged freight. Keep destroying the customers freight... It's good for business. (OURS!)

In the meantime, I'm still hauling Vitran Freight, I'm just picking it up I'm a ****** truck. LOL!

By the way, we have a "driver retention program" too... It's called "GOOD PAY AND BENEFITS".

(You should ask all your drivers who left about it... They'll be able to explain it to you.)
I believe there is hope for nophix.....However I think many are just satisfied with mediocrity.

I'm just as proud as the Pjax and Vitran drivers. Where is your company now?
CT may not over pay drivers but drivers get a check every week...
You may say they have no integrity, that's your opinion. But what about 14 drivers from my city who have been with CT for 10+ years and enjoy working there. You say you can't stand the company yet you troll the boards like a leach. Doing nothing but bashing the company that bought
out your company and instead of putting you on the street....let you keep your current wage and gave you a job.
Yes, CT ownership is horrible, heartless men that care nothing about you.....please. There businessmen. If you had problems with health care then get on Obamacare. Didn't like the equipment, I promise you, from being at 3 different terminals in 3 different states with Vitran, CT is NO WORSE!

Things didn't work out for you, sorry to hear it, but don't waste out time having to read your bitching.
Go to your companies board and give them the due praise they deserve

Blah, Blah, Blah... Check cashes, everything is wonderful minus cheating you out of the amount of time you actually worked. Nice respectful place to work when they can not even show the amount of hours worked or rate of pay, just be glad you have a job. Sure sounds like Stamper's BS, a lot of us would have been better off if the Vitran doors were closed instead of being taken over by a crook. 14 driver's who are afraid to move on to better companies who treat their drivers a lot better than CT ever did. Must be 14 guy's who are single and in no need of good healthcare due to not having any wife or kids to care for, thus only need crappy insurance. Not trolling, we earned the right to be on the Vitran/CT forum, we paid our dues.

And no one said it wasn't your right to walk away. I'm glad you did, negativity is like cancer. I saw it all over Vitran. People stopped caring and it drove the company under. Go ahead and blame that on Keylon, Hurst or any of them. End of the day is came down to the employees. Drivers, dock, clerks, supervisors, managers.
But that doesn't give you the right to bad mouth other peoples company they make a living for.

Bad mouthing our own beloved CT, remember most of us did work there for a short time.

Blah, Blah, Blah... Check cashes, everything is wonderful minus cheating you out of the amount of time you actually worked. Nice respectful place to work when they can not even show the amount of hours worked or rate of pay, just be glad you have a job. Sure sounds like Stamper's BS, a lot of us would have been better off if the Vitran doors were closed instead of being taken over by a crook. 14 driver's who are afraid to move on to better companies who treat their drivers a lot better than CT ever did. Must be 14 guy's who are single and in no need of good healthcare due to not having any wife or kids to care for, thus only need crappy insurance. Not trolling, we earned the right to be on the Vitran/CT forum, we paid our dues.
You damn right we paid our dues and deserve the right....Almost 2 decades at Vitran........And 2 more decades at other carriers.......Great post jeepster.

I'm just a driver but 90% sounds pretty good considering I'm leaving the term with 10 to 12 del a day and not bringing anything back and picking up 5 to 8 pickups a day... and my del area is 70 miles away from the terminal and I del 2 to 3 different counties. and not to mention showing a positive no# on my sheet at the end of the day maybe 2 to 3 times a week , there's guys who do more but there delivery area is closer and more condensed, so from what I can tell looks like we are getting the job done. and my start time is 7:30 and I usually clock out at 6:30..thats 10.5 hours a day with 30 min lunch???? it is a bit ridiculous that X Vitran/Central drivers are still rehashing the same sob story while periodically banning me. but at SOME POINT you really need to live your own miserable lives, and go to your new jobs and maybe talk on their forum , it's the same 3 to 5 people all the time on here... but after all Central will always be the focus and it helps them recover from their bad choices they made in life.....

Still talking on our Vitran forum is fun for us because it annoys the CT lovers. Kind of like being a retired driver talking about the good and bad times.

YEP! WE PAID OUR DUES. Almost 10 years worth. You management types at Central don't like the truth I'm throwing at ya? Suck it.
( You don't have to listen to it- but plenty of your guys are. )

In the meantime, I'm still hauling Vitran Freight, I'm just picking it up in a ****** truck. LOL!

Oh, I hear you. I'm in a pretty remote area, so the elite fleets either aren't here or never have openings. The other ones that do want you to start as a part time guy, and since I'm the sole income for my family, I can't do that.

A lot of the guys that left went to smaller regionals. I'd be taking a pretty good hit in pay, but I'm about to the point where I don't care.

It did sound like Saia may have an opening soon due to a retirement, so I'm grabbing an app there.

Oh, I hear you. I'm in a pretty remote area, so the elite fleets either aren't here or never have openings. The other ones that do want you to start as a part time guy, and since I'm the sole income for my family, I can't do that.

A lot of the guys that left went to smaller regionals. I'd be taking a pretty good hit in pay, but I'm about to the point where I don't care.

It did sound like Saia may have an opening soon due to a retirement, so I'm grabbing an app there.

Saia is a great company.....Go on-line and apply.........Hold on brother....Don't give up what you have in the hopes of finding something else...Get the job and do the physical and drug screen and let them run the back ground check and get your start date.......Something better will come along in time...Be patient.

Saia is a good job....but be ready to work your ass off....u will go home dirty and tired if u work the city...our. tm is ex vitran and he told me those exact words when he hired me

Work doesn't bother me. 2 words,Amish deliveries!

As long as the pay matches the job.

After fighting for the past 6 weeks in trying to get my pay that CT has failed to pay, I finally got ticked off and quit. Glad to be away from garbage equipment and a management team that does not give iota about the driver or dock workers. Glad to not starting @ 6:30 make 10-15 p/u's and del's and return at 18:30-20:30 and putting on over 300 miles everyday. After all that to have to strip your truck and load to a line trailer. This company is the poster child for why unions were formed. Next step is to file a complaint with the labor board and talk to my lawyer.