Over 16,000 shipments picked up yesterday....

Discussion in 'Central Transport/Vitran' started by ltlguy2013, May 1, 2014.

1. runawaytrain

runawaytrain Wear their scorn with pride.

Hold on nophix ....use this place as a stepping stone.......Something better will come along.

2. ct42long

ct42long Member

and here we go putting me down .

3. runawaytrain

You started it by saying we have miserable lives and have made bad choices.

4. had enough

had enough pErSoN oF iNtErEsT

maybe 42 got fired from pjax or vitran and is carrying a chip on his shoulder.

5. Jacknife18

Jacknife18 Senile Member

I've been with another company for over three months now. Know how many OSD Calls I've made because of damaged freight? ONE. YESTERDAY. Refused because the shipper overloaded the skid and the weight of the steel crushed the skid.

Let that sink in a moment.... Over three months... ONE damage claim. We don't need salvage runs to a whole warehouse of damaged freight. Keep destroying the customers freight... It's good for business. (OURS!)

In the meantime, I'm still hauling Vitran Freight, I'm just picking it up in a ****** truck. LOL!

By the way, we have a "driver retention program" too... It's called "GOOD PAY AND BENEFITS".

(You should ask all your drivers who left about it... They'll be able to explain it to you.)

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  6. runawaytrain

I believe there is hope for nophix.....However I think many are just satisfied with mediocrity.

7. Jeepstr723

Jeepstr723 Member

Blah, Blah, Blah... Check cashes, everything is wonderful minus cheating you out of the amount of time you actually worked. Nice respectful place to work when they can not even show the amount of hours worked or rate of pay, just be glad you have a job. Sure sounds like Stamper's BS, a lot of us would have been better off if the Vitran doors were closed instead of being taken over by a crook. 14 driver's who are afraid to move on to better companies who treat their drivers a lot better than CT ever did. Must be 14 guy's who are single and in no need of good healthcare due to not having any wife or kids to care for, thus only need crappy insurance. Not trolling, we earned the right to be on the Vitran/CT forum, we paid our dues.

1 person likes this.
  8. Jeepstr723

Jeepstr723 Member

Bad mouthing our own beloved CT, remember most of us did work there for a short time.

9. runawaytrain

You damn right we paid our dues and deserve the right....Almost 2 decades at Vitran........And 2 more decades at other carriers.......Great post jeepster.

10. Jeepstr723

Jeepstr723 Member

Still talking on our Vitran forum is fun for us because it annoys the CT lovers. Kind of like being a retired driver talking about the good and bad times.

11. Jeepstr723

Jeepstr723 Member

Just let it roll off your shoulders, your a big boy.

12. Jacknife18

Jacknife18 Senile Member

YEP! WE PAID OUR DUES. Almost 10 years worth. You management types at Central don't like the truth I'm throwing at ya? Suck it.
    ( You don't have to listen to it- but plenty of your guys are. )

13. had enough

had enough pErSoN oF iNtErEsT

if i recall, someone wanted the vitran forum merged into the central transport forum.

14. Jeepstr723

Jeepstr723 Member

Bet 42 regrets his request. HE

15. ct42long

ct42long Member

I bet you guy's hold hands and bump ugly's.

16. nophix

nophix Member

Oh, I hear you. I'm in a pretty remote area, so the elite fleets either aren't here or never have openings. The other ones that do want you to start as a part time guy, and since I'm the sole income for my family, I can't do that.

A lot of the guys that left went to smaller regionals. I'd be taking a pretty good hit in pay, but I'm about to the point where I don't care.

It did sound like Saia may have an opening soon due to a retirement, so I'm grabbing an app there.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

17. runawaytrain

Saia is a great company.....Go on-line and apply.........Hold on brother....Don't give up what you have in the hopes of finding something else...Get the job and do the physical and drug screen and let them run the back ground check and get your start date.......Something better will come along in time...Be patient.

18. gearraker

gearraker Active Member

Saia is a good job....but be ready to work your ass off....u will go home dirty and tired if u work the city...our. tm is ex vitran and he told me those exact words when he hired me

19. nophix

nophix Member

Work doesn't bother me. 2 words,Amish deliveries!

As long as the pay matches the job.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

20. txharley

txharley New Member

After fighting for the past 6 weeks in trying to get my pay that CT has failed to pay, I finally got ticked off and quit. Glad to be away from garbage equipment and a management team that does not give iota about the driver or dock workers. Glad to not starting @ 6:30 make 10-15 p/u's and del's and return at 18:30-20:30 and putting on over 300 miles everyday. After all that to have to strip your truck and load to a line trailer. This company is the poster child for why unions were formed. Next step is to file a complaint with the labor board and talk to my lawyer.