Estes | Over-board line-haul position questions...

little dawg-inquiring about Saint Louis terminal for linehaul position. are you or anyone familiar with it? what can i expect running xboard? can u go out and stay out and run the system? STL is closer to me than CHI or INDY. Do you guys get breakdown pay, or other delay time pay? Thanks you guys put some helpful info out there!

Yeah, we get paid for being broke down and breaking sets. I haven't hooked a set or broke down in a long time. If your within 300 miles from your terminal and at a inbound terminal, with 5 hours left, you're more than likely to go home. They like to put a person on break where they can use you. I imagine you will average 2750 out of saint Lulu

I run Extra out west I like it pretty well been doing my SF bay area duty this week it sucks but 5-6 break and hooks a night helps me smile a little. Still better than most other trucking jobs and most of the motels are not that bad yes there are a few C****y ones but most are pretty good!

little dawg-inquiring about Saint Louis terminal for linehaul position. are you or anyone familiar with it? what can i expect running xboard? can u go out and stay out and run the system? STL is closer to me than CHI or INDY. Do you guys get breakdown pay, or other delay time pay? Thanks you guys put some helpful info out there!

You need to live around 75 miles of any terminal you work out of,so it's said. Don"t know how strict they are now tho.If you run xtra board , then yes you will leave on your assigned night, run five shifts, then be back home.You can request to stay out longer if you choose, but if you say nothing, you will pretty much automatically be sent home on your fifth shift.There is breakdown pay, but you will seldom come across it, I think you have to give them 2 hours, and vendors they line up are pretty quick to respond.

I have no complaints.

Me either...Trucking has been good to me and the family..Yeah, there's a lot you miss,with the kids growing up and all, but mine learned a valuable lesson, "You do, what you gotta do"....And in the South, that's on our state flags(just joking).....

You need to live around 75 miles of any terminal you work out of,so it's said. Don"t know how strict they are now tho.If you run xtra board , then yes you will leave on your assigned night, run five shifts, then be back home.You can request to stay out longer if you choose, but if you say nothing, you will pretty much automatically be sent home on your fifth shift.There is breakdown pay, but you will seldom come across it, I think you have to give them 2 hours, and vendors they line up are pretty quick to respond.

When I hired on, I lived 90 miles out. They might be more strict in some places than others.

Just got hired as an Extra Board driver..Tues-Sat is what they told me. We'll see how this goes!

Just got hired as an Extra Board driver..Tues-Sat is what they told me. We'll see how this goes!

congrats driver. Wish you the best at the big E. safety first, and if you want to get them gravy runs, let them know you are a close friend of Mildew!

Congrats JRut. Good place to work. Just pocket all your cash, cheat on your taxes then sell moonshine when you've decided your done with trucking.

I was thinking about putting in an application for line driver at sacramento ca terminal, any idea on how the line runs are out this way. Thanks for any info..

By any chance were any of you at the truck stop with the dennys in carthage, TX really early this morning? It was a sleeper cab with doubles

To working Idiot If you do not like endless nights of the Bay Area Lovingly reffered to as the Toilet Bowl I would look else where!

Last edited by a moderator:
so do all linehaul drivers start out extra board until they can get a set run? And is everything mainly night driving?

They can get a set run. It depends on who wants it. Sometimes a very good run is left over for a new hire.