Holland | Over Hiring

jarhead13

TB Lurker
Credits
I heard Charlotte got the hiring stopped at their terminal? Anyone other barns doing anything about the recent hiring and their boards not clearing. Has anyone tried to force a layoff if their bottom 25% of the board fell below $825.00 weekly average? If I hear one more time they are hiring because of anticipated retiring I will be sick.

I've heard all but two barns have a hiring freeze KC being one of the barns, than I heard it's all but five barns.

Columbus just had a crossover from the road to the city which took effect today, because they just put 3 casuals on their 30 days.

Hiring for city in Me is still happening. I would guess there's been about 20-25 put on the last 30-45 days. Haven't heard anything about the road. I heard 6 men layed off from Conway were put to work last week. Freight really heavy going West from ME. GRIZZ

We have one on letter of hire right now and two guys just got off a few weeks back. We don't have any CDL casuals left that aren't on their letter. We have three dock only casuals waiting to go through a CDL training program. I'm working twelve hours a day right now.

cracker said:
linehaul is getting screwed with big time, open board guys that is
The higher-ups are pushing the high and tight loading more and more to cut down on the outbound loads each night. There are many more os&d claims but they don't seem to care.

yeah when they ordered these crap Sterlings they wasnt thinking about pulling 42,000 lb loads and wonder why they are taking a crap

I pulled a load on Wed. night that was built in Holland. I stopped in Danville to make a drop. The frt. was all dbl stacked. Most of it was floor loaded or on pallets and not wrapped and then dbl stacked on top of drums. Most of the frt was damaged. What happened to on time claim free service? I don't think Mr. "Z" would know Holland culture if it bit him in the A**.

Jarhead13 said:
I pulled a load on Wed. night that was built in Holland. I stopped in Danville to make a drop. The frt. was all dbl stacked. Most of it was floor loaded or on pallets and not wrapped and then dbl stacked on top of drums. Most of the frt was damaged. What happened to on time claim free service? I don't think Mr. "Z" would know Holland culture if it bit him in the A**.

If you load freight and know it is not going to ride without getting damaged, then put it down. We as freight men and women need to protect our jobs, and customers. Screw the company numbers, I bet this won't be the last time I say it. We have to protect our future, cause big brother won’t!!!! Have a good weekend everyone.
:USA:

cracker said:
linehaul is getting screwed with big time, open board guys that is

Amen Brother!
How far behind last year is your payroll so far? Mine's down 10-12%!!:Bazzoka-Cow: :holysheep: