Overall how is every body doing ?

Al J2 local

FedEx freight, chicago hts. I signed up with Premier out here in Bradley the next day after we got the news we were closed. place is driving me nuts. I went on line and did the app. for fedex. they called me yesterday. I went through a 1 3/4 hr interview today. They want me to come in for a road test asap.( hey that will be a switch) looks like i'll be able to do it tomorrow. They said the entire hiring process takes 6 weeks. So I have to be patient.

Al

Let's See. Decided I've Had Enough Of Trucking. See No Future. Only People Gonna Get Squezzed In The Long Run Are The People Making These Fu#$ed Up Outfits The Money.
If I Sound Bitter I'm Really Not. I Had A Good Run. Now I'm A 47 Yr Old College Freshmen Heading Down Another Path. Good Luck To All.

Good Luck

Let's See. Decided I've Had Enough Of Trucking. See No Future. Only People Gonna Get Squezzed In The Long Run Are The People Making These Fu#$ed Up Outfits The Money.
If I Sound Bitter I'm Really Not. I Had A Good Run. Now I'm A 47 Yr Old College Freshmen Heading Down Another Path. Good Luck To All.

I don't know if I could start all over in another career especially one I would have to study for. What is ya learnin'?

Hi AL,
I started for Fedx National LTL two weeks ago, seems like a good fit for me. It didn't take me 6 weeks! Filled out app on line JUne 12 interviewed on the 14th pysical and drug screen I think on the 29th start 7th July. Hang in there they are starting a pension plan in 2009 might be well worth the wait!:smilie_132:

Hi AL,
I started for Fedx National LTL two weeks ago, seems like a good fit for me. It didn't take me 6 weeks! Filled out app on line JUne 12 interviewed on the 14th pysical and drug screen I think on the 29th start 7th July. Hang in there they are starting a pension plan in 2009 might be well worth the wait!:smilie_132:

It took me quite a bit longer. But I started on July 9th. Well worth the wait. I wish I had discovered FedEx National a long time ago.

I'm finally on the board at ABF. Worked dock for three weeks, then casual for a few weeks.

Strange being the guy on bottom. Haven't been bottom man in 15 years and even then, Jevic was in such a growth phase, I was bottom for about 15 minutes.

AL Looking for a home

I just talked to them (FedEx) they said they are doing the background check now. So it still looks good.

Al :smilie_132:

P.S. Good for you dragonfisher :1036316054:

Al

Update, Couple days after doing the above post I got the phone interview. so the next step is the tinkle test and anal probe. So it looks like I'm still on track.

Al

abf bound... i hope!

went today for phys. and drug test for abf in pittsburgh,pa, after 10 years here we all now how much of a pain in the a$$ this all was, and turned out to be. thankfully i had a side job and it carried me for the past 2 months,for those who might now me i was the nalco guy in pa. good luck to all in your future endevors

not hiring

Omar,surprised you did not try for Nalco.They have trucks,dont they??

don't have anything open yet,been hauling mail(outside contractor):1036316054: getting 60-70 hrs per week
got the call friday start mon. 8-11 @ abf in pittsburgh all local:funky:

Good For You

Good Luck AL:

Started at Saia in Franklin Park 8/8, as a line haul driver. Ran with trainer this week. Seems OK .4725 cpm to start. Raises every 6 months. Cheaper insurance. New bids in 2 weeks. I may get one.

Red White and Purple

Good Luck AL:

Started at Saia in Franklin Park 8/8, as a line haul driver. Ran with trainer this week. Seems OK .4725 cpm to start. Raises every 6 months. Cheaper insurance. New bids in 2 weeks. I may get one.

Thanks NWC1528, finding a "job" in the bradley area isn't a problem. Wanting to stay there is. .22 cents a mile is the norm out here. Unless you like to hump floor loads to stores, then you are on stops and miles. I haven't run into any unhappy FedEx guys so far so I think it will work out for me. I'm just an orphan looking for a place I can call home. Good luck over at Saia

Later:smilie_132:

Al

Good Luck AL:

NWC besides the raises you will get every six months you will also get the yearly raise in DEC!! So you will get one in 4 months then another 2 months after that!!:funky: