Yellow | Overpaid & Out of Touch

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits
http://www.tdu.org/overpaid_out_of_touch

AMFEH5G.jpg

v358B65.jpg

2kcDRjt.jpg

Hey Jim! There they go again on TB talking trash about our high exorbitant salaries again!
Shut up Ken! You're out of here soon anyway when the Feds get done with you!

GhzUHdl.jpg

Make them stop John! Don't worry Becky, they have no idea how high the cost of living is in Chicago do they?!

:chairshot::busted::ranting2::wtflol::hissyfit:

AMFEH5G.jpg

v358B65.jpg

2kcDRjt.jpg

Hey Jim! There they go again on TB talking trash about our high exorbitant salaries again!

GhzUHdl.jpg

Make them stop John! Don't worry Becky, they have no idea how high the cost of living is in Chicago do they?!

We'll people can complain all they want.They but most of the complainers never go to the union meetings.And thats a fact.

AMFEH5G.jpg

v358B65.jpg

2kcDRjt.jpg

GhzUHdl.jpg

A business agent usually starts out at What ever the highest rate paid in the local is at 60 hours .You are on call 24-7.There is and never have been a cap on salaries.Unless someone or something people want to change there local union bylaws to impose a cap on officers salaries.January is coming all you complainers step forward ,and make your motion to amend your bylaws.

A business agent usually starts out at What ever the highest rate paid in the local is at 60 hours .You are on call 24-7.There is and never have been a cap on salaries.Unless someone or some people want to change their local union bylaws to impose a cap on officers salaries.January is coming all you complainers step forward ,and make your motion to amend your bylaws.

We'll people can complain all they want.They but most of the complainers never go to the union meetings.And thats a fact.
Most don't go to union meetings because it doesn't take very long after joining the Teamsters that they realize it is a waste of time.
Anyone who raises a question that the podium feels is embarrassing to the union boss or does not want to answer, that member is shouted down, called a scab, intimidated, belittled and told to shut up or face being removed from the meeting by force. This usually gets a cheering response from the usual "yes men" and "butt kissers" that attend every meeting, ask NO questions and always automatically approve every motion and every proposed expenditure put forth by the Local bosses. These expenditures are never fully explained to the members or justified. To ask that is also a reason to be removed.
And THAT'S a fact.

Most don't go to union meetings because it doesn't take very long after joining the Teamsters that they realize it is a waste of time.
Anyone who raises a question that the podium feels is embarrassing to the union boss or does not want to answer, that member is shouted down, called a scab, intimidated, belittled and told to shut up or face being removed from the meeting by force. This usually gets a cheering response from the usual "yes men" and "butt kissers" that attend every meeting, ask NO questions and always automatically approve every motion and every proposed expenditure put forth by the Local bosses. These expenditures are never fully explained to the members or justified. To ask that is also a reason to be removed.
And THAT'S a fact.
And what local might that be .You as a dues paying member are allowed to ask questions under new business old business.Whether pertaining to either .We are civilized and go by Roberts Rules of Order If you know what your talking about you'll get the full attention of the floor and the executive board..

And what local might that be .You as a dues paying member are allowed to ask questions under new business old business.Whether pertaining to either .We are civilized and go by Roberts Rules of Order If you know what your talking about you'll get the full attention of the floor and the executive board..

RB, you've got to be kidding. What henry j describes used to be SOP at some locals. Maybe not so much today but certainly in past years.

Has anyone who is not an "insider" or a well known "ass kisser" in any local ever stepped forward at a union meeting and made a motion to cap or reduce union officers' pay? I doubt it, not without facing the consequences of being blackballed, having any and all of their grievances from that point on, lost or ignored, being removed from the meeting or worse. As for a BA being on call 24/7 - that is a joke. I've only had one BA in my 35+ years as a line haul driver ( nearly all nights) that was believing that.
The last 2 BA's did not accept calls at night. When asked for their night-time cell or home phone number - they said call only during business hours at the hall. When I told them "MY business hours are at night, between 10 PM and 8 or 9 AM, that's when I may need you", they both said "Too bad, I don't want to be woke up or bothered at home" So much for the "on call 24/7" fairy tale.

And THAT'S a fact.
You can request to look at your books it's in your constitution.

"Entitled to ask questions" yes, but expecting to get a civil answer, no. But DO expect the consequences I have explained.
That is why there is such low attendance (other than the usual "rah-rah" butt kissers, and yes men) at union meetings. The last election has a pitiful turnout (16.5%) for the same reason. Most members feel they DO NOT have the right to ask questions or have a differing opinion on anything union related - so they feel "Why bother to go to meetings?" and "Why bother to vote?" "The Teamster bosses don't care what I say or think, If I DO speak up they only make things harder for me."
That is exactly the attitude the Teamster bosses love. They can do whatever they want with a controlled, low attendance at meetings AND elections.

Has anyone who is not an "insider" or a well known "ass kisser" in any local ever stepped forward at a union meeting and made a motion to cap or reduce union officers' pay? I doubt it, not without facing the consequences of being blackballed, having any and all of their grievances from that point on, lost or ignored, being removed from the meeting or worse. As for a BA being on call 24/7 - that is a joke. I've only had one BA in my 35+ years as a line haul driver ( nearly all nights) that was believing that.
The last 2 BA's did not accept calls at night. When asked for their night-time cell or home phone number - they said call only during business hours at the hall. When I told them "MY business hours are at night, between 10 PM and 8 or 9 AM, that's when I may need you", they both said "Too bad, I don't want to be woke up or bothered at home" So much for the "on call 24/7" fairy tale.
Why didn't you use the chain of command first.Your steward is your go to guy first.As far as officers pay and expenses it's in the monthly records all expenses must be approved by the trustees.and recorded the motion can be made and so approved Yeah or neah,If you have specific issues that aren't addressed at your meeting ,try starting a paper trail to your BA and make sure it's certified mail.That's politics Play the game or work to change the rules

You can request to look at your books it's in your constitution.
As I said a member can "ask" anything at meetings or "request" to look at books, but don't do it without expecting "blowback" from the bosses. Also do not get caught with a recording device at any union meeting and as for the "books", no copies or photos of any of those "books" allowed. and there WILL be someone always present, looking over your shoulder, while you are looking at those "books" that may or may not be "cooked". Why is that?

As I said a member can "ask" anything at meetings or "request" to look at books, but don't do it without expecting "blowback" from the bosses. Also do not get caught with a recording device at any union meeting and as for the "books", no copies or photos of any of those "books" allowed. and there WILL be someone always present, looking over your shoulder, while you are looking at those "books" that may or may not be "cooked". Why is that?
Receipts and expenditures.That's what you look for.Nothing is cooked unless your a chef or have a sharp pencil.

For a perfect example of what henry j is talking about consider the way Zuckerman was treated when he tried to speak at the Teamster convention.

http://www.fightbacknews.org/2016/6/29/hoffa-delegates-show-true-colors-day-2-teamster-convention