Yellow | Overpaid & Out of Touch

It's not NYMAN - it's NYHAN and i say the IBT, Hall, and Hoffa are very closely intertwined with Thomas Nyhan and the CSPF money. Here's why....The Local all answer to the IBT where Hoffa is the supreme ruler. Local officials are removed if they do not do as told.
Before Hoffa was first elected he came out in support of a UPS pullout of the CSPF in 1997 which led to a short strike by UPS Teamsters. UPS did not succeed until 10 years later.

Hoffa was first elected ( through a crooked scheme) in 1998. Thomas Nyhan was first appointed shortly after.

Nyhan promptly lost over $2 billion in CSPF bad investments. Hoffa said nothing. Nyhan kept his job. Members not informed since it was prior to the PPA of 2006 law requiring CSPF to inform all CSPF members of Fund's gains and losses.

In 2007 Hall and Hoffa gave in to UPS officials and let UPS exit the Fund for $6.2 billion in CASH.

That exit immediately cost the Fund over $900 million in lost contributions each and every year thereafter (probably more now)
Hoffa handed over that $6.2 billion cash to Nyhan which he also lost (plus a few billion more) due to bad investments on Wall St. while the Western Conference stayed healthy due to smart investing of THEIR pension funds. Hoffa again said nothing negative about Nyhan. Nyhan kept his $694,000 annual paycheck.

In 2010 Nyhan made only one feeble attempt to get a gov't bailout from a totally Democrat controlled Congress and Obama. No attempts to "sound the alarm" before or since.
When he appeared before Congress, they ignored him. He left with his tail between his legs. So much for the "We've got your back" said by so many Democrats that were elected with Teamster money.

Shortly before and during 2014, Hoffa, Hall and Nyhan were all together on the Board at NCCMP planning the pension cuts they were going to impose on 400,000 Teamsters in CSPF

The problem with that is that ERISA was still protecting already retired Teamsters from any cuts, so Hoffa called on his buddy,
Bill Lichtenwald (Local 20 President, Ohio Conference President and CSPF trustee). Lichtenwald then took $6.2 million in member funds to Washington to bribe members of Congress to vote in favor of an upcoming bill. That bill was HR 83 containing MPRA of 2014 that abolished the ERISA law that stood since 1972. By abolishing ERISA Nyhan and Hoffa have no more obstacles to prevent any cuts they want. Question: How did they know in advance that ERISA would be removed? They were planning the cuts at NCCMP when there was still a law on the books preventing it. Answer; They knew their "bagman" Lichtenwald would be successful in bribing enough members of Congress to pass MPRA in Dec 2014.

In 2015, just a few months later, the planned cuts were announced, with Lichtenwald on the CSPF Board of Trustees.

The only "fly in the ointment" was that Lichtenwald got caught and the retirees did not just lay down and take it like Hoffa, Hall and Nyhan thought they would. They just figured that 80% would be no-shows just like in every past election. They figured they could sneak it through before anybody noticed, then it would be too late. The retirees would be cut, but the giant CSPF "piggy bank" would still be there for them to use and none of their salaries or percs would be touched.The scam has been exposed, but they still get the last laugh. Nyhan still has his $694,000 job. The total paid to all CSPF execs each year exceeds $8 million. Hoffa was re-elected. And the $200,000 Club list of "overpaid and out-of-touch" Teamster officials speaks for itself.

Are YOU on that list ROAD BOSS?
And to add to that.I saw how quickly Hoffa back our members up concerning MPRA.He didn't and also was slow to acknowledge anything.All along Hoffa was pitching for the Kleine-Miller law.What and why was Hoffa acting that way?

And to add to that.I saw how quickly Hoffa back our members up concerning MPRA.He didn't and also was slow to acknowledge anything.All along Hoffa was pitching for the Kleine-Miller law.What and why was Hoffa acting that way?
Anybody that says, "oh, it's not about the money", you can bet it is about the money.

When the US Attorney goes to the Grand Jury & returns with indictments in hand & arrest 200 or 300 Teamster Officials across the nation, then I say there is hope. Until then, why are we bothering to talk about it? For it truly is a wasted effort. von.
What you say is sadly true, but any worthwhile cause is worth some effort. If we all give up, they win.
We are our own worst enemy. When ever I see the vote totals in all the General elections we've had, I get mad and disappointed at the membership that COULD HAVE made a difference if they had only voted instead of bitching about the corruption in the IBT, the corruption and incompetence at the CSPF and at least most of the locals afraid to oppose Hoffa. Way too many are just in it to fill their own pockets. The $200,000 Club list of salaries is proof of that (the numbers don't even include the generous percs like cars and unlimited expense accts. that are hidden as "misc. expenses" in the locals' books). The separate list of CSPF officials' salaries is also avail on-line. The aggregate total of all 30 members is over $8 million annually. Nyhan pockets $694,000 annually.

What you say is sadly true, but any worthwhile cause is worth some effort. If we all give up, they win.
We are our own worst enemy. When ever I see the vote totals in all the General elections we've had, I get mad and disappointed at the membership that COULD HAVE made a difference if they had only voted instead of bitching about the corruption in the IBT, the corruption and incompetence at the CSPF and at least most of the locals afraid to oppose Hoffa. Way too many are just in it to fill their own pockets. The $200,000 Club list of salaries is proof of that (the numbers don't even include the generous percs like cars and unlimited expense accts. that are hidden as "misc. expenses" in the locals' books). The separate list of CSPF officials' salaries is also avail on-line. The aggregate total of all 30 members is over $8 million annually. Nyhan pockets $694,000 annually.
Together we are many ,but separate we are few.

Together we are many ,but separate we are few.
Very true, but "the many" must participate, not sit on the sidelines and just bitch (such as they've done in every General election since 1991) The voter participation in 1991 was 32%. It's been lower in every one since. The latest was the worst at just 16.5%.
The Teamster Freight Division is in a "death spiral" of our own making.
The Freight Division is just one of 21 divisions that Hoffa, Jr. draws money from. He couldn't care less if the Freight Division survives the next few years in spite of the fact that the whole Teamster Union started with trucks and freight. His father must be spinning in his grave (wherever that is).

Last edited:
You notice that as the General Election drew near, he started claiming that HE saved the pensions from being cut just in order to get more votes toward his own re-election. Nothing could have been further from the truth, but I imagine a lot of the uninformed and brainwashed members bought the story. As I said before, he was very instrumental in making the cuts possible by sending "bag-man Lichtenwald" to Washington in summer of 2014 with $6.1 million in members' money to bribe members of the US Congress to vote in favor of abolishing ERISA. It worked. ERISA was abolished on Dec 13, 2014 and Hoffa was re-elected in Nov 2016 by a wimpy 16.5% voter turnout.

Most don't go to union meetings because it doesn't take very long after joining the Teamsters that they realize it is a waste of time.
Anyone who raises a question that the podium feels is embarrassing to the union boss or does not want to answer, that member is shouted down, called a scab, intimidated, belittled and told to shut up or face being removed from the meeting by force. This usually gets a cheering response from the usual "yes men" and "butt kissers" that attend every meeting, ask NO questions and always automatically approve every motion and every proposed expenditure put forth by the Local bosses. These expenditures are never fully explained to the members or justified. To ask that is also a reason to be removed.
And THAT'S a fact.
ap·a·thy
ˈapəTHē/
noun
  1. lack of interest, enthusiasm, or concern.
    "widespread apathy among students"
    synonyms: indifference,lack of interest,lack of enthusiasm,lack of concern,unconcern,uninterestedness,unresponsiveness,impassivity,dispassion,lethargy,languor,ennui;
    rareacedia
    "widespread apathy among the voters"

You notice that as the General Election drew near, he started claiming that HE saved the pensions from being cut just in order to get more votes toward his own re-election. Nothing could have been further from the truth, but I imagine a lot of the uninformed and brainwashed members bought the story. As I said before, he was very instrumental in making the cuts possible by sending "bag-man Lichtenwald" to Washington in summer of 2014 with $6.1 million in members' money to bribe members of the US Congress to vote in favor of abolishing ERISA. It worked. ERISA was abolished on Dec 13, 2014 and Hoffa was re-elected in Nov 2016 by a wimpy 16.5% voter turnout.
Let us rename the IBT. How about the International Brotherhood of I Don't Give a Damn. If the shoe fits, wear it. von.

ap·a·thy
ˈapəTHē/
noun
    synonyms: indifference,lack of interest,lack of enthusiasm,lack of concern,unconcern,uninterestedness,unresponsiveness,impassivity,dispassion,lethargy,languor,ennui;
    rareacedia
We lost trust therefore we lost being united.A psychological negative when betrayed

ap·a·thy
ˈapəTHē/
noun
    rareacedia

I was President of the Apathy Club in High School. We had 100% membership with zero attendance. It remains the most successful club in the history of my Alma Mater!