ODFL | Overtime LaW

Easiest job I've ever had. And Billy this job is far from being like working at sysco lol. You wouldn't last a day in foodservice.

Worked P&D here and at FedEx Freight for quite a while to get a line haul spot. One thing I've learned is that the job is only as hard as you make it. This is cake walk compared to Sysco, McLane or any other food service or beer/soda delivery :::shit:::

I don't either. Kinda sad but some city drivers don't work nearly as hard as others. We have some that waste a half a day getting a light fixed. I know, I know! Safety first and it's the law.
I remember guys calling in for a liftgate, only to get there and see it's 20 boxes that need to go into a beauty salon. Still needed to be broken down to take it into the shop.So why the need for me to drive 30 minutes out of the way and stop my route to help some lazy ass dolly in 20 boxes of shampoo? Job isn't hard...people make it hard.

I remember guys calling in for a liftgate, only to get there and see it's 20 boxes that need to go into a beauty salon. Still needed to be broken down to take it into the shop.So why the need for me to drive 30 minutes out of the way and stop my route to help some lazy ass dolly in 20 boxes of shampoo? Job isn't hard...people make it hard.
True! Not hard but the pay needs to be bumped up. Even the union guys. 20 something was respectable in the 80's. Not anymore.

Whats the package guys making these days u know the little brown truck? 36 and hour or more and they don't have to have CDL or Haz or Doubles

Whats the package guys making these days u know the little brown truck? 36 and hour or more and they don't have to have CDL or Haz or Doubles
Different job then ltl. These guys make 100 or more stops a day. The only p&d guy that can do that is Billy. Not to mention the stress with having to deliver by 0900. Then getting back to make sure the packages you picked up can get to its plane on time.

Different job then ltl. These guys make 100 or more stops a day. The only p&d guy that can do that is Billy. Not to mention the stress with having to deliver by 0900. Then getting back to make sure the packages you picked up can get to its plane on time.

No I couldn't because all package car drivers drive recklessly. Never seen one that could stop at the line of a stop sign before. Surprise these idiots don't kill more people.