SEFL | Overtime Pay?

I don't miss any of that at sefl. I'm enjoying getting off by 5pm most days and spending time with my family now. 9 years with was enough. I pray none of the great people there ever get injured. In the last few years injuries and accidents were up and management didn't care. Blame the worker and let them go if we can't get anymore out of you. My advice to newhires is take your lunch between 12-2pm everyday and don't let them rush you. Its your fault if anything goes wrong. Intimidation became the norm during the last few years. Watch your back and what you say cause you'll end up in the office as a marked man. Good luck guys.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

this seems to be so true. we have supervisor"s who can not do there jobs so they try to
rush you. i have experienced that they do not want you to take a lunch cause that is
30 minutes you cant run your azzzz off for them. you come in at 7am go out on an early
run get back around 1030 then they give you 16 bills to go back out with and you try to
take your lunch and they get all over you cause you have only made 1 or 2 stops before
you take your lunch. what they dont remember is you came in at 7am its time to take a lunch.
i use to think this company cared about there employee:s but now i realize that is a joke.
and as far as it being a christian company since my supervisor found out i would like to be
off by 530 on wednesday"s so i could go to church i have not made a wednesday nite service
since. why is it that fedex and the other companies told there drivers they have to take a
lunch between the 4 and 5 hours mandatory by (D.O.T.) but S.E.F.L. keeps telling there
drivers dont take a lunch we will pay you for it. i guess S.E.F.L. can do what they want....

this seems to be so true. we have supervisor"s who can not do there jobs so they try to
rush you. i have experienced that they do not want you to take a lunch cause that is
30 minutes you cant run your azzzz off for them. you come in at 7am go out on an early
run get back around 1030 then they give you 16 bills to go back out with and you try to
take your lunch and they get all over you cause you have only made 1 or 2 stops before
you take your lunch. what they dont remember is you came in at 7am its time to take a lunch.
i use to think this company cared about there employee:s but now i realize that is a joke.
and as far as it being a christian company since my supervisor found out i would like to be
off by 530 on wednesday"s so i could go to church i have not made a wednesday nite service
since. why is it that fedex and the other companies told there drivers they have to take a
lunch between the 4 and 5 hours mandatory by (D.O.T.) but S.E.F.L. keeps telling there
drivers dont take a lunch we will pay you for it. i guess S.E.F.L. can do what they want....

Motor Carriers operate under the Department of Transportation, this dept. doesn't require workers to receive overtime....Department of Labor companies do require to pay overtime. Although DOT companies do have to pay office workers overtime and I think mechanics receive OT too ( I might be wrong about mechanics).

At saia we get it after 45 they don't have to give it to you at all if they don't want too I know many freight co and construction co,s that do this

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

S.E.F.L. IS A JOKE.they have customers that talk very bad about the way they get treated by dispatch
when they call for pick ups.they say dispatch is very rude in the way they talk....i had a customer tell me
to leave one day cause dispatch told them we could not pick up there freight if they could not call it in b4 2
pm and i got there at 5pm.it was a hot shipment but they were willing to wait and see if fedex would show up
to pick it up. and as far as being a christian company,how about the c,c,m, running around in the morning clo
sing out trailers that aint even loaded and dropping the F bomb every other word.dont sound christian to me...

Any company that pays more than 2- times minimum wage does not by law have to pay overtime over 8 or over 40. This is true in all cases except where a union contract is in place or where a non-union company has a specific clause stating overtime pay at specific numbers, I.e., over 40 hrs, over 50 hrs, over 55 etc. I checked on this in 1975 when I started with Thurston Motor Lines with the labor board. I worked for Yellow Freight and YRC for 24 years and enjoyed all of that overtime over 8 hrs. Per day. What a difference.

SOUTHEASTERN dont even have a company rule book so they can change the rules at this company anytime they want,no matter what they do they will change it to make sure they are right.as far as top pay,every terminal dont make the same pay.

well mr.tobin always says this is a christian company,which we know it must be only columbia that believes that.
since he dont want to pay the overtime i hope at least he makes a nice donation to the church.

I worked at SEFL for 10 years and lost my job wrongfully. Just wanted to put that out there at the begining. SEFL is a good company, just a POS terminal manager in my case. I could have got my job back, but decided it was meant to be for me to move on. I am currently with another non union company that does pay overtime. It doesn't shorten your hours. I get as many if not more. By the way, my insurance doesn't cost me a penny either, not even a union due.
The union is ifne, if it works for you. Not everyone will have the senority as you going in, and will play the phone game, or worry about a layoff. At least at SEFL, they don't worry about a lay off.
There is good, and bad in every situation. You can take all of these freight companies, throw them in a basket, shake the heck out of it, and take your pick, they are all going to be about the same in the end. 40-60 grand a year city, and 50 to 80 linehaul. Depends on seniority, and pick of the run.

well all i say is dont try and call and talk to TOBIN about it cause you are a flunky to him,he will put you on hold
then someone from H.R. will pick up the phone and ask you,how may i help you.TOBIN you are the flunky if it was
not for the family leaving the company in the right hands it would have shut down by now.as far as overtime dont
complain to the company start complaining to the state you live in they will listen and give you the answers you
are looking for. different states have different laws and if the state dont know about it they cant help you.