Yellow | overtime rule

longblade

im here to make you uncomfortable
Credits
I read about this tread after thread , NO OVERTIME while guys are layed off shame on guys working it blaaaa blaaaa blaaaaaaaaa thaught i would post the overtime rule for all to see once and for all .
NMFA
Section 6. Overtime
On a weekly basis, the Employer shall be permitted to work the active seniority board 25% of the straight time hours in overtime. In the event the Employer exceeds the 25% overtime allowance, the number of overtime hours in excess of the allowance will be applied in the next following week for determining the number of employees to recall from lay-off.
For example, if the Employer has 120 employees on the seniority board with 100 actively working and 20 laid-off, the Employer shall be permitted 4000 hours straight time hours plus 1000 hours overtime (25% of 4000) for a total of 5000 hours to be worked that week by the active seniority board. If during that week, the Employer actually worked the 100 active employees a total of 5600 hours, there would be 600 hours in excess of the 25% overtime allowance. The 600 hours would be divided by 50 (40 straight time hours plus 25% of 40 or 10) which equals 12 employees to be recalled from lay-off in the week following the violation of the 25% overtime allowance.
WE WERE ABLE TO GET 10 GUYS BACK TO WORK A FEW WEEKS AGO @ 671 USING THIS RULE:1036316054:

thanks for posting this longblade I'm sure there is a lot of violations going on I know I worked 53 hours two weeks ago (only because I am the last bid time in and I get to hook up sets) know if I can get the steward to do is job since I am not there to see the timecards

I read about this tread after thread , NO OVERTIME while guys are layed off shame on guys working it blaaaa blaaaa blaaaaaaaaa thaught i would post the overtime rule for all to see once and for all .
NMFA
Section 6. Overtime
On a weekly basis, the Employer shall be permitted to work the active seniority board 25% of the straight time hours in overtime. In the event the Employer exceeds the 25% overtime allowance, the number of overtime hours in excess of the allowance will be applied in the next following week for determining the number of employees to recall from lay-off.
For example, if the Employer has 120 employees on the seniority board with 100 actively working and 20 laid-off, the Employer shall be permitted 4000 hours straight time hours plus 1000 hours overtime (25% of 4000) for a total of 5000 hours to be worked that week by the active seniority board. If during that week, the Employer actually worked the 100 active employees a total of 5600 hours, there would be 600 hours in excess of the 25% overtime allowance. The 600 hours would be divided by 50 (40 straight time hours plus 25% of 40 or 10) which equals 12 employees to be recalled from lay-off in the week following the violation of the 25% overtime allowance.
WE WERE ABLE TO GET 10 GUYS BACK TO WORK A FEW WEEKS AGO @ 671 USING THIS RULE:1036316054:

Longblade, the Southern Region is not using that OT formula. The Southern Region is using an OT formula that was pre-existing the current contract. It is MUCH MORE RESTRICTIVE than the one you are referring to. I personally feel if everyone used this formula, the company would be forced to put people back on.

good post! you hear that fellas........if your union steward is working 20 to 30 hours a week OT and you are laid off, tell him when am i going to be recalled cause you're working 10 or 20 more hours than you're supposed to...........besides that, good luck to the guys looking for a job after the merge, if you guys want OT keep it at 10 and stop being greedy unless NOBODY is laid off at your terminal