ODFL | overtime??

Ya, I know in California they pay overtime, but it works two ways, the company has a choice of paying you overtime. One is pay overtime after eight hours or after 40 hrs has been worked. Not sure how Washingtion does it.

If they paid overtime they would just hire more drivers and work us less.I have been doing it so long it never crosses my mind anymore.I'm not going hungery!

If they paid overtime they would just hire more drivers and work us less.I have been doing it so long it never crosses my mind anymore.I'm not going hungery!

Not trying to start a war here but I have to add my two cents......its really sad to hear you guys working for peanuts when I get 20 hours a week o.t. @ $33 bucks per hour to do the same exact work. What are you guys thinking ? This is just a breakdown of the trucking industry. What happens when they will find someone to drive a truck for $6.00 per hour ?? You guys will be out the door.

Not trying to start a war here but I have to add my two cents......its really sad to hear you guys working for peanuts when I get 20 hours a week o.t. @ $33 bucks per hour to do the same exact work. What are you guys thinking ? This is just a breakdown of the trucking industry. What happens when they will find someone to drive a truck for $6.00 per hour ?? You guys will be out the door.

If this goes any farther it will be moved to the union-non union forum.

Why would that comment be moved to union-non union forum? He was just stating we he feels is an injustice in the industry! When they open the floodgates from Mexico,We all might be working for much less.Something in this country has gotta change,we are losing good paying middle class manufacturing jobs,and having them replaced with $10- an hour warehouse jobs. Now trucking,which traditionally was a good Job for a lot of hard working middle class folks is being nickel & dimed to death, to the point that it's not worth your time to do it....

Why would that comment be moved to union-non union forum? He was just stating we he feels is an injustice in the industry! When they open the floodgates from Mexico,We all might be working for much less.Something in this country has gotta change,we are losing good paying middle class manufacturing jobs,and having them replaced with $10- an hour warehouse jobs. Now trucking,which traditionally was a good Job for a lot of hard working middle class folks is being nickel & dimed to death, to the point that it's not worth your time to do it....

I moderate this forum.We have a forum where union vs non union wages can be discussed and the Mexican invasion can be talked about til the end of time.This is not either and I am not open for a debate.

I moderate this forum.We have a forum where union vs non union wages can be discussed and the Mexican invasion can be talked about til the end of time.This is not either and I am not open for a debate.
siren.gif

My post had absoloutely nothing to do with union. Please read it again and point out where I made mention to union. My point was I see a shrinking of middle class opportunitys nationwide and now it has invaded trucking. Why does one worker get paid differently for doing the same exact work ? You know darn well corporate profits arent shrinking. I guess nobody else sees it. See ya in ten years on the bread line.

My post had absoloutely nothing to do with union. Please read it again and point out where I made mention to union. My point was I see a shrinking of middle class opportunitys nationwide and now it has invaded trucking. Why does one worker get paid differently for doing the same exact work ? You know darn well corporate profits arent shrinking. I guess nobody else sees it. See ya in ten years on the bread line.

You have a p/m.

no 70 in 8 days.
This bring up a question that no one seems to be able to answer. I know I am going off topic so I'll understand if the mods choose to move this post.

I'm am just assuming the players in this situation, so please don't think that I am knocking any particular company. I purposely left out all of the Teamster companys which run on 60/7 & don't use the reset.

OD- Edison N.J. 70/8
Jevic-Newark N.J. 70/8
NEMF- S. Plainfield N.J. 60/7
UPSF- Carteret N.J. 60/7
ADP- Carteret N.J. 60/7

A city driver from each of these companys clocks out at 8pm on friday having been on duty 60 hours in 5 days..... After 10 hrs off duty all 5 go and drive 8 hrs. for Shoprite. ....Now according to the DOT only the OD & Jevic drivers are not in violation of the hours of service rule.

My question is how can it be anymore safe for the OD & Jevic drivers to work on saturday than the other 3 drivers. ...All 5 companys use the 34 hr. reset. So they will all start out clean on monday morning.

If these new HOS rules were made in the interest of safety, I sure can't see it.

Lot easier to get away with that type of stuff working local and having a side job. These guys are in a hell of a lot of trouble when a big wreck comes around.

I believe OD uses the 70 hour rule incase they want to mix P/D drivers up with a little bit of L/H on the weekend. Or that it's just less confusing having everyone run on the same page.

That's ok, I doubt you want to debate me,seems as if you lack what is needed for an intelligent exchange. You were the only person that mentioned Union in any of these threads !?! Oh well do what you like after all,you are the dictator ,oops! I mean moderator

Lot easier to get away with that type of stuff working local and having a side job. These guys are in a hell of a lot of trouble when a big wreck comes around.

I believe OD uses the 70 hour rule incase they want to mix P/D drivers up with a little bit of L/H on the weekend. Or that it's just less confusing having everyone run on the same page.

My question is only on the issue of safety. Why would the DOT leave such a loop hole in their regulation ? This is being done every weekend, 2 men doing the same job everything is the same except how their primary employer chooses to report its hours of service. I just don't get it.