FedEx Freight | Overtime?

RevItUp

TB Lurker
Credits
Do you guys ever get overtime in the east at FXF? I'm considering a job offer for city but its tough trying to make it on 40 hrs or less. I expect it as a new guy but what about after a year or two? Will they still cut you off at 40?

Some days yes and some days no.
I can work overtime almost every day but do not since I have family things that need to be done . We have some there that will milk the city clock for everything they can get , about 50 hrs or so , and I mean milk ! She and her friend make the best out of every day. It is hard to say for you since allot depends on the frt. in your house.

Smokestack said:
Some days yes and some days no.
I can work overtime almost every day but do not since I have family things that need to be done . We have some there that will milk the city clock for everything they can get , about 50 hrs or so , and I mean milk ! She and her friend make the best out of every day. It is hard to say for you since allot depends on the frt. in your house.
Hey Smokestack, could you provide all you pay scales? PM it to me if you want or post. I'd appreciate it. Or anyone Else for that matter. Thanks

RevItUp said:
Do you guys ever get overtime in the east at FXF? I'm considering a job offer for city but its tough trying to make it on 40 hrs or less. I expect it as a new guy but what about after a year or two? Will they still cut you off at 40?
Not being a smart a** but why can't guys not make it on 40 hrs any more. This is not directed at you alone.

Probably the same reason americans are using much more credit these days. Prices are out of control.

serta said:
Hey Smokestack, could you provide all you pay scales? PM it to me if you want or post. I'd appreciate it. Or anyone Else for that matter. Thanks
20.62 hr top scale
17.52 start
18.55 after 1 year
19.58 after 2 years
the top out at 20.62 after 3 yrs

Of course these are current wage scales and will most likely change at the annual adjustment period which is June of each year.

Mileage
Top .5313
.4516 start
.4781 after 1 yr
.5047 after 2 yrs
ad top out at 3 yrs.

FM

mattjm said:
Not being a smart a** but why can't guys not make it on 40 hrs any more. This is not directed at you alone.
Why does the co. keep raising ins.each year ?I pearsonaly don't use it any more than I did with AF.Answer that an you may have your answer.I'm road but when in the city I enjoyed 3 or4 hrs extra from yime to time.

fireplug said:
Why does the co. keep raising ins.each year ?

Fireplug, Healthcare in this country is in crisis. Everyone is paying more and getting less. It's a sad but true fact

Somedays I get a few ot's , some days not....but when vacation time comes around, they cant stop it.....Im hung up at a warehouse watchin the clock tick....I get it sooner or later, but its still the best company and job in the world!!

I do fine on 40 hrs , never bit off more than the family could chew . 8 and skate baby , life is good.

FM thank you for getting the numbers up so fast for serta.

mattjm said:

All depends on your point of view and what you are used to. I havent made less than 50k in 17 years. $17.52 x 40 x 52 is $36444/yr. Should I sell my house to work for Fed Ex?

Rev you are looking at the bottom side of this. I'm a 8 and skate , I work some overtime when we are in a jam and I was at 49K. There is usally O.T. to be had .We are a great company and getting stronger every day if you have a good chance to get in I would not pass it up . Don't let me make up your mind talk to the drivers on the street where you live brother.
Good luck whatever you do. We are here to support you ask and we will try to answer.
Smokestack

Smokestack said:
Rev you are looking at the bottom side of this. I'm a 8 and skate , I work some overtime when we are in a jam and I was at 49K. There is usally O.T. to be had .We are a great company and getting stronger every day if you have a good chance to get in I would not pass it up . Don't let me make up your mind talk to the drivers on the street where you live brother.
Good luck whatever you do. We are here to support you ask and we will try to answer.
Smokestack

Thats right where I need to be and what I needed to hear Smokestack. I love reading your posts bro! Thank you.

RevItUp said:
Thats right where I need to be and what I needed to hear Smokestack. I love reading your posts bro! Thank you.
Yep, I was getting around 53k in the city but I also volunteered for some Sat dock work and road runs, the last year I was in the city I was set to make around 46k and that was without Sat work also 3 years ago so pay is a little higher now.

FM