ODFL | Overtime

That's why I use goats!!! That way I can log into sleeper berth and drink my iced tea!!! Oh the good life!! (except the smell)

I know where you're coming from, Ump.
Last winter on a cold, rainy day, my wife and I were driving when she saw a tiny baby possum, "not opossum"
on the road shoulder, nothing to do but stop and pick it up.
The little thing was shaking and cold, I told her to put it between her legs and warm him up.
She says, but it's wet amd smells, I told her, just hold his little nose!
That's when the fight started.

I know where you're coming from, Ump.
Last winter on a cold, rainy day, my wife and I were driving when she saw a tiny baby possum, "not opossum"
on the road shoulder, nothing to do but stop and pick it up.
The little thing was shaking and cold, I told her to put it between her legs and warm him up.
She says, but it's wet amd smells, I told her, just hold his little nose!
That's when the fight started.
When I grow up I wanna be just like you uncle seabreeze !!

It would be nice, but if they did start paying OT after 40 or 8 they would try as hard as they could to limit it as much as possible. More people would be hired, some routes would get a lot of it just by the way they are, but most would be highly monitored, so its a mute point. They are expecting/hoping to have an OR in the 79% range for 2018, they can certainly afford to do it.....
join the union baby not my union but join a union you guys in Brooklyn got a lovely staff over there little kid :shit:stain dispatcher what do you guys are afraid of they need you this other places to go I join the union stop being babies and Afraid and listen to the company crap about the unions yeah they're not that great but they might be making it come back at least they can't fire us and we get overtime after 8 so we still make more than you even though we are on a pay cut you have to pay for benefits we don't theythey mess with stop and and tell Cyde I'm not an animal lol

join the union baby not my union but join a union you guys in Brooklyn got a lovely staff over there little kid :shit:stain dispatcher what do you guys are afraid of they need you this other places to go I join the union stop being babies and Afraid and listen to the company crap about the unions yeah they're not that great but they might be making it come back at least they can't fire us and we get overtime after 8 so we still make more than you even though we are on a pay cut you have to pay for benefits we don't theythey mess with stop and and tell Cyde I'm not an animal lol
Hahahaha!! Y’all need to put down the bottle for a minute, get your thoughts together and transpose them onto onto the post post. Oops oops I better take my own advice vice.

It would be nice, but if they did start paying OT after 40 or 8 they would try as hard as they could to limit it as much as possible. More people would be hired, some routes would get a lot of it just by the way they are, but most would be highly monitored, so its a mute point. They are expecting/hoping to have an OR in the 79% range for 2018, they can certainly afford to do it.....
Hey guys let’s be clear on one thing Old Dominion does not have the proper supervision in place to ever pay time and a half they will lose their ass look at your terminal now 90% of supervisors came from the dock they were super stars but there’s a reason why they want a dock to begin with they do not have or never will trust their supervision to watch the henhouse so as far as getting time and a half after eight never what happened I’ve been waiting 13 years and again look at the supervision at your facilities sorry guys be happy with what you got

I thought we were talking bout union busting not the economy . The message was that when ya vote republican your voting for a union buster . As you know the unions are not here for union betterment .

Then I will make sure to vote Republican no matter what, thanks for the advice!

So would you say that you are a union buster at heart ? Just curious.

Here is the definition,
any of a group of persons hired by a company to disperse picketers, end a strike or job action, etc., especially by violence or intimidation.
any person or group that tries to destroy or weaken a union, as through prosecution or intimidation

To answer your question, NO. I do not have the time and honestly, my heart couldn't care less. I do understand I make what I do because of the unions from the past. I just really get tired of the pro unions coming over and trying to change my opinion. I am just bantering back with you, I do not troll your forum and would appreciate that from you. As I said in another post I respect your opinions, please respect mine I have no problem with people being union. You are only posting in the OD side to start :crap:. Just in case you didn't read it I have copied and pasted part of my post from the other thread.

I have worked for a few LTL companies, one union. I have also worked at several terminals with OD, I have several close family members and friends who work for union companies. I DO NOT without a shadow of a doubt want to work for a union carrier, I want to work for OD and I'm also a harsh critic of OD as well. Now, that is how I feel and I totally respect how you union members feel. I am also a grown adult and can choose to leave if I want, your consistent insinuations about non union members, by possible not taking care of myself and my family good enough due to me not being union is dumb. We disagree and you should respect the fact that I want to be an at will employee, work in fear, pay for my insurance (as you say), drive new well maintained trucks, work in new terminals with new equipment and a good environment (as I say cause I actually work for OD).

So would you say that you are a union buster at heart ? Just curious.

I do not vote for a member of office based on their union believes. I vote based on there ability to govern, i.e. economy and such. I am a republican but I have voted for democrats before, I vote for who I think the best candidate will be for how I think the country should go. Pro or against union is not even on my radar.

Here is the definition,
any of a group of persons hired by a company to disperse picketers, end a strike or job action, etc., especially by violence or intimidation.
any person or group that tries to destroy or weaken a union, as through prosecution or intimidation

To answer your question, NO. I do not have the time and honestly, my heart couldn't care less. I do understand I make what I do because of the unions from the past. I just really get tired of the pro unions coming over and trying to change my opinion. I am just bantering back with you, I do not troll your forum and would appreciate that from you. As I said in another post I respect your opinions, please respect mine I have no problem with people being union. You are only posting in the OD side to start :crap:. Just in case you didn't read it I have copied and pasted part of my post from the other thread.

I have worked for a few LTL companies, one union. I have also worked at several terminals with OD, I have several close family members and friends who work for union companies. I DO NOT without a shadow of a doubt want to work for a union carrier, I want to work for OD and I'm also a harsh critic of OD as well. Now, that is how I feel and I totally respect how you union members feel. I am also a grown adult and can choose to leave if I want, your consistent insinuations about non union members, by possible not taking care of myself and my family good enough due to me not being union is dumb. We disagree and you should respect the fact that I want to be an at will employee, work in fear, pay for my insurance (as you say), drive new well maintained trucks, work in new terminals with new equipment and a good environment (as I say cause I actually work for OD).
Ok good reply. I can respect your passion for your cause and I have the same passion but only in the opposite direction I have love ones and even some close friends that think differently on politics
than I, even the wife but she is thankful for the many positive things that the Teamsters have done for us over the years . I wonder what your thinking on RTW is . I and many others even republicans think that If you do not want to have anything to do with the union in the work place and you do not pay fair share then you should not be compelled by law to receive union benefits , your on your own deal with the company by your self or hire a lawyer .

What did you just say? Babies, Clyde, animal ? Do unions only hire people who talk in one long sentence?