Yellow | Overweight at Ohio scalehouse

xcsp

TB Lurker
Credits
I had a Rail container 44000 LBS hit the scales pulled me around 13,200 over on Tandems ,received a ticket they let me return to my home Terminal.

They said to call and get Fine and that will be the end of it , well turns out I have to go to Court this wednesday for my ticket,they said anything over 10,000 pounds you have to appear.Now I have to take off a days work to appear for this thing,the union Steward said to me that is my responsibility to make sure everything scales out before I leave the Yard ??????
The Company says they are sending a Representative from the company with me for my court appearance,
what is your take on this ?????????????????
From now on every trailer I take out I will run it over the scales ,And I think every Road driver should do it too make a traffic jam at the scales ,then they will start doing their job weighing every trailer that is hooked.

The bad part I have a ticket on my license now
xcsp

I had a Rail container 44000 LBS hit the scales pulled me around 13,200 over on Tandems ,received a ticket they let me return to my home Terminal.

They said to call and get Fine and that will be the end of it , well turns out I have to go to Court this wednesday for my ticket,they said anything over 10,000 pounds you have to appear.Now I have to take off a days work to appear for this thing,the union Steward said to me that is my responsibility to make sure everything scales out before I leave the Yard ??????
The Company says they are sending a Representative from the company with me for my court appearance,
From now on every trailer I take out I will run it over the scales ,And I think every Road driver should do it too make a traffic jam at the scales ,then they will start doing their job weighing every trailer that is hooked.

xcsp
Your last 2 paragraphs answered your question.

yes scale or check the freight bill , & don't pull overweight loads !! remember to pull -15% less freight now !!!

xcsp

We are not responsible for overweight fines. No CSA points.

12,000 lbs on the steering axle (pups or van)
20,000 on every other SINGLE AXLE.
34,000 on Tandems (Tractor or trailer)
Unit cannot be over 80,000 lbs gross weight (Not sure about triples or turnpike doubles, Never ran them)
Old roadway policy on EOL's without scales was
26,000 on a pup
48,000 on a van.
If the problem contuines then do what I did,
Go to the FIRST en route scale and use it. If over call relay. It's now their problem and you are on the clock until the problem is fixed.
I had to do it once out of Providence R.I. 4 hours clock time to drink coffee until they brought me a lighter load fixed the problem for me.

12,000 lbs on the steering axle (pups or van)
20,000 on every other SINGLE AXLE.
34,000 on Tandems (Tractor or trailer)
Unit cannot be over 80,000 lbs gross weight (Not sure about triples or turnpike doubles, Never ran them)
Old roadway policy on EOL's without scales was
26,000 on a pup
48,000 on a van.
If the problem contuines then do what I did,
Go to the FIRST en route scale and use it. If over call relay. It's now their problem and you are on the clock until the problem is fixed.
I had to do it once out of Providence R.I. 4 hours clock time to drink coffee until they brought me a lighter load fixed the problem for me.

Once, only once. With Howie working outbound, once per night at least. Just have the " Chief ", Jerry or Al call Henry and "Pea Soup " to come over and adjust the brakes. They never tried to hide it from any Road Driver, the code was 49,999 in the weight column. You new you were over.

Why didn't you "dodge all them scales"?

Now the ICC's been a-checkin' on down the line
I'm a little overweight and my log book's way behind
Nothing bothers me tonight
I can dodge all them scales all right
Six days on the road and now I'm gonna make it home tonight

:smilie93c peelout:

Depending on the state, you might get points FROM the State,even though you might not get any on the CSA...

Copy Bro. I've gotten two in the last six yrs. in VA. Both @ Stephens City [winchester], one was 7000 over on the drive and the other was over on the drive and over gross as well. The trooper @ the scale house even gave me her business card and said if I have any more problems in VA., show my card to the Officer. Made out to YRCF both times, signed it, and off I went. My license is clean.

We are not responsible for overweight fines. No CSA points.
No offense intended there SF, but I would beg to differ that once that unit is off company property, you just took responsibility for it. Your pre trip, and possession of the bills telling you the weight is now on your shoulders that you say it is o.k. to go. Any accident, your fault or not, if they find the axles were overweight................I will leave it at that.

Copy Bro. I've gotten two in the last six yrs. in VA. Both @ Stephens City [winchester], one was 7000 over on the drive and the other was over on the drive and over gross as well. The trooper @ the scale house even gave me her business card and said if I have any more problems in VA., show my card to the Officer. Made out to YRCF both times, signed it, and off I went. My license is clean.

Ha, the trooper was a "she" and was mesmerized by your good looks. If it were any of us ugly guys we wouldn't have been so lucky! :hilarious:

No offense intended there SF, but I would beg to differ that once that unit is off company property, you just took responsibility for it. Your pre trip, and possession of the bills telling you the weight is now on your shoulders that you say it is o.k. to go. Any accident, your fault or not, if they find the axles were overweight................I will leave it at that.

Your correct. If something ugly happens, especially a fatality, you're going to need a lawyer as will the Company, they dispatched you and told you it was legal. The 53 from Richmond to Hagerstown I knew was over. They had 26,000 in the first half. It was still @ the dock with the door open when I hooked it. I looked inside and asked the dockman what the weight was. When he told me, I said you have to pull six pallets to over the tandem, I have a single axle. The super. wouldn't let him {friday night}.

Ha, the trooper was a "she" and was mesmerized by your good looks. If it were any of us ugly guys we wouldn't have been so lucky! :hilarious:

No she liked me and my Harley Tee-shirt. She said she always wanted to ride a Harley someday. Then I asked her how she liked that Sig-Sauer, she replied "I love it". She was the type of young lady you could play touch football with, who could win. She was pleasant and professional, not like in the north.

Are you going to try and convince anyone that you couldn't tell it was overweight? Seriously you should be grateful they didn't shut you down. In GA anything over 10,000 requires either a wrecker or off load.

Why didn't you "dodge all them scales"?

Now the ICC's been a-checkin' on down the line
I'm a little overweight and my log book's way behind
Nothing bothers me tonight
I can dodge all them scales all right
Six days on the road and now I'm gonna make it home tonight

:smilie93c peelout:
I bet if I took a couple of "little white pills" that Dave sings about I'd be up for 3 days!!!! Ain't done that in 28 years!!!!