Overweight ticket costs $40,000

What a dummy he should have leased a good tractor,one that would of made the trip without breaking down.
I am sure it would have been cheaper then paying that hefty fine.

Or better yet figure out a legal route.

The $40,000 was issued to Green, not the trucking company. He has 15 days to pay it or contest it.

Same song, same tune----driver always to blame, but it has always been that the driver's opinion isn't wanted. "DO AS YOU ARE TOLD BUT IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG, YOU ARE TO BLAME".

Same song, same tune----driver always to blame, but it has always been that the driver's opinion isn't wanted. "DO AS YOU ARE TOLD BUT IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG, YOU ARE TO BLAME".

well....i dunno about what you say...

but...to me.....he "assumed too much", and...well....read what he does............
"There were no phone numbers for Snohomish, Skagit and Whatcom counties so Green thought it was OK to use the side streets. State patrol says the truck would have been fine on the freeway."

since he "took it upon himself"....and proceeded.......

to me.....he got what was coming to him.

I heard about this. The guy is an idiot, and should have his license revoked. They should take away his man card too. This stooge clearly did not read the permit. It says in 2 places the permit is only valid on state highways and after the first declaration the dope is required to sign that he has read and understands the document.

For the moron to try and blame the permit service is asinine. His company likely uses Comdata Permit Service, although it escapes me why, as anyone can obtain OD permits directly from WSDOT and save fees.

Here are snips from a Washington state OD permit.

i figured you would chime in on O/D loads as you do this yourself.

as i said, he deserved what he got.

Once upon a time I was in Anniston, AL and scored me a great paying load of steel plate going to Indy. I figured out why it paid so well when they dropped it on my 8' bed at 9' wide. I inquired about the legality of such a load without permits and such and was told, "Na, 9' is the limit, you're OK." In my mind I already had too much time in it to back out so away I went. To the nearest truck stop and to bed...until about midnight I think. I headed up whatever interstate takes you to Indy, up through Chattanooga and Nashville. Only scale open was Nashville and it was about 2 AM when I crossed it. My weight was fine and the woman in the chicken house didn't pay me any mind. Made it destination Indy about daybreak and got unloaded. In behind me comes a guy with a specialty trailer (either a drop or a double drop stretch) and he was fuming mad. He asked me how I got there unscathed and I told him I had lurked until nighttime to make my run for it. He got nabbed at that Nashville scale. Now, I felt dumb for letting this happen to me, but this guy has a specialty trailer like that and he didn't know???? Made me feel a little better.

Green thought it was OK to use the side streets.
Assumption is the mother of all **** ups

Last edited by a moderator:
Green thought it was OK to use the side streets.

That statement right there makes it clear the guy had no regard for the job or desire to operate a rig safely, let alone move loads that weigh 232,000 pounds.

I'll say it again.

The guy is an idiot.

And I have another story to tell. Back when I was OTR they caught a load out in Medina, OH. It was a huge piece on a big trailer sitting all day in the truck stop. Some wise cracking law man couldn't see why that load sat there all day so he lurked in the bushes at sunset and sure enough out it came. It turns out the piece weighed either 300,000 or 400,000 lbs (my memory is fading) and it was the third or fourth piece in the move. I do not know where it was coming from or going to. They had an extra tractor for pushing uphill and they drove it through neighborhoods, it was also about 14' in height. They had a pretty good system, they knew what wires they had to raise with a pole and all. Back to the truck stop it went and big fines were levied. But as it turned out, whatever that thing was it was owned by Uncle Sam and he came and got it. Out of all of it the biggest head scratcher for them all was how they got those other loads through without getting caught.