SEFL | P&D bid

I friend of mine had it happen to him , they wouldn't let him go to line haul. They gave it to the newest city driver because he was so slow. The time before that they said you had to do p&d for a year before you could go to line haul. He finally took my advice and left, running line haul for Pitt-Ohio. He doesn't miss SEFL, nor do I now that I think of it
Leaving Sefl several years ago was the best thing I could have done. Not to demean anyone employed there by saying that I might add. Everything these guys are saying is the truth and nothing but the truth. Seniority means absolutely nothing. I personally saw my service center management push an older hand out that had many years with the company by harassing him constantly about performance while putting him on lift gates and straight truck delivering trash freight exclusively.

I was told this morning by our new supervisor that we will no longer be doing a bid for start times unless someone retires. As it stands now they just bring whoever they wish in at whatever time they wish. We have guys with 9:00 a.m. bids starting at 7:00 a.m. etc.

In fifteen years at sefl, i was always told we bid on start times in the city. Do you know how many times i saw the "city" bid? ZERO! I've never seen or even signed a bid in the city of any kind. It's all in their "AOT" handbook. You should have received one at orientation.