Estes | P&D class B position questions

Jgarciajr40

TB Lurker
Credits
I've never done Ltl, and after reviewing Saia I don't think I'll deal with not being able to drink a soda while driving.

Im interested in Estes, but it's a class B position would anyone recommend apply and accepting to get my foot in the door?

I'm looking to leave my current company as I'm tired of slinging cases of beer and tobacco.

Anyone know the pay for a class B position. Also I have no experience in a straight truck I've only driven tractor trailers

I've never done Ltl, and after reviewing Saia I don't think I'll deal with not being able to drink a soda while driving.

Im interested in Estes, but it's a class B position would anyone recommend apply and accepting to get my foot in the door?

I'm looking to leave my current company as I'm tired of slinging cases of beer and tobacco.

Anyone know the pay for a class B position. Also I have no experience in a straight truck I've only driven tractor trailers

Not sure, i do know youll be making a lot of home deliveries. Most of it gors into garage, but, having a class a . Hourly is arounr 23.90 start more or less depending on locatiin. Mile pay is like .585cpm starting out

What do home deliveries consist of just dropping pallet into driveway or garage?

Yea pretty much just dropping it and leaving. But depends on the person I would help them a little more. Got nice tips and lunches free. Have a good attitude and most people would take care of you

Why not just apply for regular class a p&d? Estes isn’t one of the companies where you have to start at a lower position just to get your foot in the door. They’ll hire you from the street into p&d, hub, or linehaul if the need exists.

Ok, Straight truck, class B is a lift gate truck. Your deliveries are to businesses or homes, you may have to make inside deliveries to businesses or homes. A inside delivery to a home is one you NEVER go into the home, just drop freight in the garage or outside the garage. You do not want to be accused of theft, sexual problems. So stay outside. You may have to make pickups with using the liftgate. Our 53' trailers should not be going into residential streets, though some drivers will try or call the customer to meet them somewhere safe to off load without going into residential. Freight could be a pallet or a hot tub and anything in between. Paid hourly.

You could apply for a B position and wait for a Class A to open up, mostly same type of work except you are using a lift gate at the back door to get the freight to the ground if the customer is residential or without a forklift/dock. Delivering straight truck freight is more time consuming, but dispatch does not bother you as much. Tips are great sometimes.

Fort Myers Florida location is the one I'm interested at.

I called, but the women I spoke to seem disinterested in forwarding my information who I spoke too.

I may have to make another account and reapply to speak to someone in HR who will speak with me for more than 10secs

Fort Myers Florida location is the one I'm interested at.

I called, but the women I spoke to seem disinterested in forwarding my information who I spoke too.

I may have to make another account and reapply to speak to someone in HR who will speak with me for more than 10secs
Don’t be discouraged. It’s almost a requirement to be rude to work at Estes. Keep at it until you get in. The process can be lengthy and frustrating but worth it in the end.