SEFL | P&D drivers going on Strike?

mikejones234

TB Lurker
Credits
Ive heard several rumors from other freight companys not just SEFL, that P&D drivers are going to strike to. I have just one question, why would a p&d driver go on strike when he gets paid by the hour. Someone:smilie please tell me? :smilie_132:

Ive heard several rumors from other freight companys not just SEFL, that P&D drivers are going to strike to. I have just one question, why would a p&d driver go on strike when he gets paid by the hour. Someone:smilie please tell me? :smilie_132:
You need to quit hitting the crack pipe brother.:toxic:

They can crunch all the numbers they want, nothing will change. If they want more freight delivered, they will have to put more drivers on the street. Drivers deliver freight, not numbers.

They can crunch all the numbers they want, nothing will change. If they want more freight delivered, they will have to put more drivers on the street. Drivers deliver freight, not numbers.

Thats exactly right my friend. Ive never seen a computer deliver freight and who cares how many stops you get off in an hour as long as you get it done thats all that matters.:hysterical::smilie_132::biglaugh:

I did some number crunching and discovered that if my truck ran as fast as s telephone, did not have traffic or stop lights, did not have to wait in line and for disrespectful consignne's, don't take a lunch, then fly the truck back to the terminal on a 747, drop it out with a shoot hooked to it, and landed it perfectly to the dock, I could deliver NEARLY enough freight to keep these freight whores happy. For a day anyway.

I did some number crunching and discovered that if my truck ran as fast as s telephone, did not have traffic or stop lights, did not have to wait in line and for disrespectful consignne's, don't take a lunch, then fly the truck back to the terminal on a 747, drop it out with a shoot hooked to it, and landed it perfectly to the dock, I could deliver NEARLY enough freight to keep these freight whores happy. For a day anyway.
Dude deliver what you can and bring the rest back, you can only do what you can do.:rockon:

Dude deliver what you can and bring the rest back, you can only do what you can do.:rockon:

TD. I am doing what I call riding the wave. This wave will crash one day. When it does, I will be on top. They will either praise or persicute. Makes no difference to me. I've got this little thing in my wallet that says I can go to work dang near anywhere I want to. Besides. I was just having a corporate moment crunching those numbers. When I leave the terminal at 10:00/11:00am, with a 2-1/2 hour ride to my first stop, deliver as much as I can by 4:00 to :00pm then drive back 2-1/2 hours, there aint much to deliver. Just ride the wave. Several have tried to do my job and can't. Some refuse to go there again so I don't have any competition for this p&d run so I just "ride the wave till they get some other hair brained idea on how to deliver more freight. It's just a job to me now. :smilie_132: