Averitt | P&d shuttle pay ?

Ricky Bobby

TB Lurker
Credits
I am relocating to GA in a few months, if i cannot get a transfer with my current ltl company I am looking into Averitt, What is their starting pay with experience ? I am looking for p&d or shuttle Tl is not fit for my life style at home .

Thanks

They are not going to hire you off the street into a Shuttle job...Local P&D is probably not a possibility...most likely they will hire you into Truck Load out all week home weekends...

averittcareers.com You would be interested in "Combo". I have see us hire off the street, this happens only after we have exhausted an internal search for transfers. Combo is local, nightly shuttle runs and dock work, newbies can expect alot of dock work. Currently no positions are open. I would guess upper teens for hourly and upper .30's for mileage. Good luck !

If you get one of the "highly coveted combo positions, you will start in low .40's and top at $0.425 with 2-3% chance for advancement years down the road. Like icey said, most likely dock work. As combo you could be working dock, running mule, sweeping apron, running city, running road maybe one of these a day and maybe all of them in a day. The company likes combo because with their "hair-on-fire" management style, they can grab a combo guy and use him for whatever in a minutes notice.

I'm not aware of a new hire not having benefits after 90 days, maybe dock only but they are normally college kids.From the careers website : " A new full-time associate, you can enjoy family benefits for as little as $44 a week, or just $18 a week for individuals.

Multi-leveled medical, dental, and vision insurance. Not only do we have some of the lowest-cost insurance in the industry, but it’s flexible so you can choose different levels of coverage for each category and ultimately pay for only what you need. (New associates have Basic insurance for the first 12 months when coverage begins after 90 days.)

You would be better off getting a job with one of the higher paying company's,If you get a city job with Averitt you will get paid less and will receive no respect for hard work..I have seen it with my own eyes..And they will work the dog crap out of you.

I agree RV, city P&D can be hard work, but I loved my route, built relationships that have lasted until today. I saw a guy at church the other day that lives 45 miles form me that I delivered to twice a week, his granddaughter was singing, Haven't seen him in 15 years but we never missed a beat. I would still be City but a Shuttle position opened and I couldn't refuse the instant 12k a year pay raise. But thinking back I bet I didn't work strenuously 15 hours a week, mainly driving and watching the customer unload with a forklift. I might go Combo someday just to get back on days and run City, but have the option to runs nights for a bid also, I like Combo's flexibility.

I guess you need to do your research.
I'm an avid Averitt fan and feel I know the company pretty well, but I will do as you say and dig a little deeper, I'm big into recruiting new hires and I do not want to misrepresent our benefits package to anyone.

Hey Redvolvo, I took your advise and did a little research, any new hire has a 90 day waiting period for benefits to start, no matter the classification. So pretty much the same thing I pasted and clicked, and posted a few lines up. I'm not one to flat out post bull hockey without first knowing it is legit, of course many,many agree that my love for this company is bull hockey in itself, but hey, this is my world just let me have fun and enjoy my career, I'm spoiled rotten and I know it !

Last edited by a moderator:
I, too, am a fan of Averitt in that they pay me a paycheck for my time, albeit way low. That is the only thing I am a fan of. Now thanks to the wonderful phenomenon known as obamacare, my paycheck is a lot less. Thanks barry. We all love you...NOT!

I guess you didn't understand New hires don't get full benefits for three years..they don't get full vacation for three years. or holiday pay..Not the the way to attract good people.Not to mention lowest pay.There not fully invested in profit sharing also for i think it is five years.

No Redvolvo I don't understand why you can't read and understand what I've posted, I will not post it again. You chose to believe what you want to believe but I refuse to argue with you over what is on the careers website and the recruiting handouts and what my SCD told me face to face. But it is irrelevant what you or I understand when we read something, inquiring minds are smart enough to understand our benefits package before applying, but thanks again for having me check my facts again before reposting. To think that someone would wait three years for benefits, vacation time, etc is insane. If you would do a little research yourself you may find that this place isn't as bad you think.

If I start work at AE on December 30, I can take a vacation the first week of January, 3 days after my hire date. Now if I leave before that year is up, I am charged for that vacation and have to repay it.