R&L | Paccar

james j neiweem

TB Lurker
Credits
Is R&L dumping IH and Mack and going Paccar. Still have alot of Macks and IH's in CT. The Macks are actually pretty clean for being older visions.

I wish they would switch faster. All we got in Hartford is 3 regular line tractors and two LVC tractors that are Petes. Im waiting for a city tractor but not sure we will see any. Are you in Wallingford?

I wish we had some of those little KW T-270 tractors like Fedex has. Hell, even the Pete equivalent such as a 330 would work, as long as it's a grass burner so trees don't tear the stack off.

Last Ive been told, we will see at least 3 new city tractors some time in June or july and they cant say if they will be Pete's or International single axles at this point. I do have to say, they put visors on the road Peterbilts but not on the city Petes. As if us city drivers don't work in the sun? Makes no sense.

I wish we had some of those little KW T-270 tractors like Fedex has. Hell, even the Pete equivalent such as a 330 would work, as long as it's a grass burner so trees don't tear the stack off.

We are getting Kenworth T-680's and Pete 579's. Both have stacks. The new Prostar's are weed burners.

out of dca we have new 579s with stacks but big tree fairings 450 isxs with10 speed ultrashifts they are nice but in rain they leak around doors and the rain puddles on the side glasses cant see anything without rolling windows up and down constantly

I correct a previous post...I saw a KW T680 that was a weed burner. No stack.
At this point, I would be fine with any one of the three. The 04 Freightliner Im running right now is solid but loud and not driver friendly for comfort.

out of dca we have new 579s with stacks but big tree fairings 450 isxs with10 speed ultrashifts they are nice but in rain they leak around doors and the rain puddles on the side glasses cant see anything without rolling windows up and down constantly
They need to get them to the dealer near you to get fixed. All of our Petes were leaking, they adjusted the door & replaced the weatherstripping.

Our city drivers make short work of fairings, bumpers, cb antennas, front fenders can't say I've seen them tear up a sun visor yet lol

Our city drivers make short work of fairings, bumpers, cb antennas, front fenders can't say I've seen them tear up a sun visor yet lol
The majority of the damage at our shop is done by the night line haul driver. not sure how the heck they do so much damage going from point A to B and back again but they do.