Holland | Pallet jacks

im curious to hear how other terminals handle their pallet jacks?

Are they all company pallet jacks or are guys supplying their own?

Are they assigned, signed out or just first come first served?

Are the kept locked up, how and or where stored?

Thanks

We had a storage trailer that was kept at the dock, and when you broke the city trailers, you put that pallet jack into the storage trailer. And yes, everyone had one (supplied by the company) with their name on it, that was assigned to them. That way they were taken care of better, and were always returned to the terminal each day.

I have been with R & L for sixteen years and have purchased two pallet jacks in that time. All repairs and maint are provided by the company at no charge. Any issues that I have had was fixed before by I clocked in the next day. :hide:

On a more serious note, I really hope you guys don't get screwed over on your pensions. You all have earned them.

I have been with R & L for sixteen years and have purchased two pallet jacks in that time. All repairs and maint are provided by the company at no charge. Any issues that I have had was fixed before by I clocked in the next day. :hide:

On a more serious note, I really hope you guys don't get screwed over on your pensions. You all have earned them.
Thank you for the kind words and wishes. I show up for work properly clad and prepared to make it through the day with no burden on my employer but they must provide me with everything else I will need to perform my job.

Too FUNNY , what pallet jacks ??? 30% short of jacks and 40% of jacks are smashed all to hell & don't work , and all 2 wheel carts are smashed to hell too !!! oh and forklifts & city trucks like like they been in a Demo Derby !!!:tr10driving03:

We had a storage trailer that was kept at the dock, and when you broke the city trailers, you put that pallet jack into the storage trailer. And yes, everyone had one (supplied by the company) with their name on it, that was assigned to them. That way they were taken care of better, and were always returned to the terminal each day.
Thanks
Thank you for the kind words and wishes. I show up for work properly clad and prepared to make it through the day with no burden on my employer but they must provide me with everything else I will need to perform my job.
thanks ABFer so I agree and I take it you terminal supplies pallet jacks but what about my other questions?

thanks ABFer so I agree and I take it you terminal supplies pallet jacks but what about my other questions?
Probably a little of each of the other options in your other questions depending on location. I doubt that there are any that are officially assigned but a new one might be obtained when we are short one and the guy in need will adopt it as his own. Space is pretty tight at ABF in general so chaining them up would be difficult and there are guys who respect another man's jack and those who don't care and will take it as their own after they ruin theirs. Starting time dictates who gets what for the most part (first come first serve).

And they are best stored all in a line jacking them up as you line them up. It's a shame that you can't just store them like that, grab the first one and hit the streets but the lack of respect for the equipment and it always getting destroyed is childish and ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:
We never locked ours up, but each one had our name on them, so everyone left them alone. You'd be surprised how much better they are taken care of when someone has their name on it and it has ownership.

im curious to hear how other terminals handle their pallet jacks?

Are they all company pallet jacks or are guys supplying their own?

Are they assigned, signed out or just first come first served?

Are the kept locked up, how and or where stored?

Thanks
Same ::shit:: different company lol

Last edited by a moderator:
My neighbors are constantly coming over to my house to borrow my pallet Jack ..... Bought it used at Ritchie Bros auction!!!
How much did you snag it for?

When I looked up the prices I decided I wasn't in the market for no stinking pallet jack!

How much did you snag it for?

When I looked up the prices I decided I wasn't in the market for no stinking pallet jack!
But at work , mine stays in my trailer after freight unloaded. Never leave terminal without it!!!!