R&L | "Paperless dock management" BS...

Warlock

Lord of the Bloody Cross
Credits
Does anyone else absolutely HATE this?

Used to be I could fix the load before the forklift morons screwed it up too bad. Now, since I can't see the whole of what I'm getting due to no more sheets hanging up, the forklift morons can load as ass backwards as they want and by the time we have any idea it's too far gone to fix.

Thanks a lot. Just what we needed. Another "screw the driver" idea...:cuss:

We were told it was gonna speed everything up and get us out on time....THAT IS THE BIGGEST JOKE I EVER HEARD!!!!! It really does suck not being able to fix load before the damage is done. Cant see how the computer can route it so bad and experienced supervisors cant catch the mistake and fix it before it actually goes into the trailer..Sometimes there is nothing you can do except run it the way it is loaded, thought the company would catch on to all the wasted time and wasted money by now. I guess we can afford to operate at a sub par level.

We were told it was gonna speed everything up and get us out on time....THAT IS THE BIGGEST JOKE I EVER HEARD!!!!! It really does suck not being able to fix load before the damage is done. Cant see how the computer can route it so bad and experienced supervisors cant catch the mistake and fix it before it actually goes into the trailer..Sometimes there is nothing you can do except run it the way it is loaded, thought the company would catch on to all the wasted time and wasted money by now. I guess we can afford to operate at a sub par level.
So damn true. Ive had several days where the routing is got you literally going in circles. And other days where it starts you and ends you in the same town with several towns in the middle. I have no clue how the system works anymore. I just find myself moving a lot more freight in the trailer.

The majority of us used to clock in and go straight to the dock, grab our sheets and start making changes right off the bat.
We would direct the loaders to what freight was going to be loaded when and where in the trailer.
Miss-loads were eliminated, freight was loaded so it could be moved with a pallet jack, and we got to preview the load.

Now, we all just sit in the break room after we pre trip and hook up if the loads are not ready.

It wasn't broke, Willmington. Your wasting a lot of money trying to fix it.

Using a electronic equipment instead of paper isn't going to fix what is a dispatcher problem. If the guy in charge either doesn't care or is ignorant the problem will remain as it is. At our place the regional Vp told us to have our customers move freight around for us as we progress through our day. They would rather do this than hire an extra dock hand and take the time to load out correctly. Numbers trump all

Total train wreck! City and Linehaul getting out later everyday. Just stock up on return forms and get that extra clock time for all the back tracking. I guess it all makes sense to someone in an office up at the cornfield castle.

Using a electronic equipment instead of paper isn't going to fix what is a dispatcher problem. If the guy in charge either doesn't care or is ignorant the problem will remain as it is. At our place the regional Vp told us to have our customers move freight around for us as we progress through our day. They would rather do this than hire an extra dock hand and take the time to load out correctly. Numbers trump all
Yeah ok, that's a laugh. :wtflol:

Does anyone else absolutely HATE this?

Used to be I could fix the load before the forklift morons screwed it up too bad. Now, since I can't see the whole of what I'm getting due to no more sheets hanging up, the forklift morons can load as ass backwards as they want and by the time we have any idea it's too far gone to fix.

Thanks a lot. Just what we needed. Another "screw the driver" idea...:cuss:

well, I guess they can save some money this year if football season is scaled back..they won't have to sponsor the "R&L Carriers New Orleans Bowl" That should save some serious cash?

The "seasoned-Old School" dispatchers .that actually have a feel for the industry have retired or near retirement..the "new age" era with advanced engineering degrees is the future of the biz..glad I done retired..

The "seasoned-Old School" dispatchers .that actually have a feel for the industry have retired or near retirement..the "new age" era with advanced engineering degrees is the future of the biz..glad I done retired..
ABF is no different. Almost all new dispatchers are right out of college & have NO trucking experience, much less LTL. There is the rare occasion ABF will hire a union man in to management. But rare. Our midnight union man on the inbound shift would route the morning P&D for dispatch because he knew the city better than the dispatchers. It worked great until a new TM came in & told him to stop. P&D went to hell in a hand basket overnight. Decisions like these, union or not, will bring a company to it's knees while the attorneys file for bankruptcy protection. That is like you hire a plumber to frame a house. What did Forest say? Stupid does as stupid is. von.