TForce | parcel deliveries

Apostolic said:
Seems to me that before the launce date.
Sales at my terminal said that they'd have UPS freight stuff to hand out.
But so far all I've seen was a few gray,and brown ball point pens,with a very short supply of ink.

These pens went fast.
I know the customers that are on my route got their fair share.
But once they were gone,the first week of the launch.
We have yet to have anyother UPS Freight branded hand outs.

although I shouldn't be surprised we're still working for the same cheap old Overnite.

Only since May 1st, they have a different color combo,and are renamed UPS Freight.

I tryed to get sales to give me Overnite pens,cups,and caps in the past for customers that helped me unload my deliveries,put their pickup on so I wouldn't have to keep working around their skids,than reload the deliveries they took off.

That was not only a great help for me but also very cost effective for Overnite.
But to try,and reward them with Overnite brand stuff from sales?
Good luck.
Once in a great while after pestering my salesman for a few months he would finaly give me something to get me off his back.

I gave up going that route.

I than went to the Overnite on-line store and purchase that stuff myself.

Well thats enough of my whinning.
Where do I purchase the UPS Freight toy trucks wassesname?
Its great that you have a good repore with your customers. But to purchase these sales perks your self is crazy! The company gives all this stuff to the sales people to hand out to the customers. They probably do not want to give to much of this stuff to the drivers to hand out because they feel it would not end up in the customers hands and the cost of this stuff company wide is very expensive. Stop spending your money and time and let nature run its coarse. It sounds like you do more than your share of good work.

You know BusterNite I tell sales why I want the braned..

items.
I even tell the one sales guy we have the whole story of how the customer helped,me,and that it saved our company a lot of time,also maybe a few missed stops if I had to work around to many skids.
Its very time consumming moving even two,or three skids from side to side to get to the deliveries I still have to make.

I get frustrated waiting for a long time to get the free stuff,so I used purchase braned items to reward the customers that always helped me out.

I say I used to because the Overnite on-line store is gone.

I don't know where to get anything with UPS Freight brands?

So I'll have to wait on sales from now on,no matter how long it takes.

To my way of thinking these customers made my day a lot easier than it could of been had they not given me a break.
So me parting with my hard earned money was a small price to pay.

UPS Freight is a bust...we at motor cargo use to have million dollars days and now we are going to be doing million dollar years...why do you think ups stock is down so much after the Jul 27th conference call? You can fool some of the people some of the time but you can fool dumb truck drivers all the time.

webidiot said:
UPS Freight is a bust...we at motor cargo use to have million dollars days and now we are going to be doing million dollar years...why do you think ups stock is down so much after the Jul 27th conference call? You can fool some of the people some of the time but you can fool dumb truck drivers all the time.
What are you talking about?

no freight no revenue no jobs, Ovenite has nearly bankrupted itself and motor cargo....wake up...the bankers and stock traders know what is going on at UPS Freight...the numbers were so bad they had to lump it in with the truck load to make it look good....but you can not fool the money man. Only dumb truck drivers believe that any day the freight is going to come and all you have to do is build the business and ovenite will take care of you...There is no business it will take UPSF years to rebuild the customers we have already lost. Keep drinking the kool-aid.......

webidiot said:
no freight no revenue no jobs, Ovenite has nearly bankrupted itself and motor cargo....wake up...the bankers and stock traders know what is going on at UPS Freight...the numbers were so bad they had to lump it in with the truck load to make it look good....but you can not fool the money man. Only dumb truck drivers believe that any day the freight is going to come and all you have to do is build the business and ovenite will take care of you...There is no business it will take UPSF years to rebuild the customers we have already lost. Keep drinking the kool-aid.......
The stock market is a wall street game. Buy some stock now soon it will sky rocket. As for the rest, We can only let nature run its coarse. As for my self I gave up careing how the company does financially. Just looking forward to the day I can get that early retirement. Its just a pay check just like we are just a number.

Accelerator said:
These are good reason"s to be Teamster's !!!!!!
Back on post #21 the situation that Apo. was going threw with a delivery what difference would it have made whether he was union or not? What if it was Lowe's or Home Depot delivering the same type of freight to the customer? Lowe’s and Home Depot are not union.

webidiot said:
Good one.................:22:

webidiot said:
You obviously don't watch the stock market..So if Fex Ex drops below 1.00 Which they have are they also a bust get real .Costly Fuel is the reason stock is down....

Looks to me like Fed Ex is dropping also.
fdx
chart

gater said:
Back on post #21 the situation that Apo. was going threw with a delivery what difference would it have made whether he was union or not? What if it was Lowe's or Home Depot delivering the same type of freight to the customer? Lowe’s and Home Depot are not union.

Refer to thread 29!!!!.