Paris

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jimmy g, Nov 13, 2015.

1. pilot87

pilot87 Well-Known Member

Your "love" of the Leadership of France sure was short lived...... Are you sure you want to "get in bed" with Putin?....

Magoo and slavenomore like this.
  2. AzPilot

AzPilot Well-Known Member

+1 for the shotgun .

Magoo and jimmy g like this.
  3. Gilly

Gilly Banned

I said it was pretty sad, maybe pathetic would been better. What I see is a Russian leader and a French leader bombing refineries, Isis head quarters and oil tankers which should have been done years ago. Barry is in Philippines showing the world the thin skinned weakling he actually is,taking petty cheap shots at politicians.

4. pilot87

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
    Magoo likes this.
  5. pilot87

The Reports that I've read have stated that the ones that have been arrested have all been European Nationals........ and as far as an armory being Robbed...of course the media is going to insinuate it was a Syrian terrorist..... personally I haven't seen or heard that Story.....If it's true....you admit we don't know if there is a connection.... So why spread it around that there is...or might be....or maybe.... it just adds to the culture of hate and mis-trust for anyone that isn't American...or American looking.....

Not much of Plan.....Most of the Refugees are Females and children under 18......fleeing the violence of ISIS that we claim to abhor...... Sending them back to ISIS isn't going to solve anything.... By us denying refuge to those in dire need.....and our beating the anti-Muslim drum of hatred ......our irrational fear that ISIS is going to kill us all unless we Bomb as many Muslim Nations and their people as we can....only plays into how they want us to react...... The issue of Terrorism and especially that of ISIS, is a very complex thing......We should know that endless bombing and killing isn't the best solution or as an only solution.......But if war and more war is what you think is the "only way".....that is your prerogative
    It's to bad that this Nation has played a role in creating..or at least, fueling the hate that drives these groups....Targeting ISIS fighters seems necessary in the short term.....but you can never kill an Ideology by killing its believers.... Stopping Ideology takes a different and a much longer path to success....

Magoo and slavenomore like this.
  6. AzPilot

AzPilot Well-Known Member

Ideology is a dangerous thing and we don't have the luxury of hoping we can someday change their religious beliefs. We need to destroy their organization and take back the cities that they now hold.

7. pilot87

You're well aware that the Republicans have been "itching" to bomb Iran for a long time....under the excuse they might "nuke us".... You, along with others hate Obama with such an overwhelming irrational hatred you don't like anything Obama does with respect to anything...much less Iran.....The sanctions have been derided as ineffective......but now you want to say they were working great....Face it...if the "right" isn't happy with negotiating with Iran....than the other alternative is war.....and that is exactly what the Corporate owned Politicians would like.... to them War is profit.... And when that time comes...If it comes.... you will eagerly support and defend them......If you don't, I'd be amazed

1979 ......What does that have to do with them today.....a lot has changed since then......and if you think that they should have been attacked back then because they declared war on us....Why didn't Reagan do it when he came into Office?..... Oh yeah....he negotiated with them on the Hostage deal......

It would seem to me from your remarks that you still think that any President that tries to negotiate rather than start dropping Bombs is "weak".... Look at where Tough Guy Bush got us with his War mongering ...... but I forget...you Think it was all Obamas doing......

More of the same Blame the "left" for everything that that is bad......Don't mention that the So called "right" have played their part along the way..... Whenever you have complete and apparent blind belief that any one "side" of a Political System is incapable of doing wrong and everything that is bad is the other sides fault you get a segment of people that are very easily manipulated..... Your very frequent posts reflect your belief that all things good come from the so called "right" and all things bad come from the so called "left"....

We are all exposed danger just by leaving our homes......Bringing refugees in that are fleeing the violence in their home lands isn't what is endangering us from terrorism and you're making it appear as if we are just rounding them by the thousands and putting them on Planes or ships without even asking them their names.........It is more likely that it has been our poking our nose into places we have no need to.... Iraq for one.......that has placed us at a greater risk of terrorist acts.... If you think that Bushes going to war there has made us safe from terrorism you're mistaken.... Look how ISIS spawns fear...You're afraid...... Do you really think ISIS needs to hide among Syrian refugees as the means to gain entry here?.... They have money and resources.....they can get here faster than waiting around in refugee camps for months or years...... They will more likely get a visa and fly here 1st class......and they may already be present here...... Danger from a small number of Refugees is not very likely... ..If your afraid of them......that's fine...... I just think it's a lot of over reaction......because the Far right wing Politicians know they can make some Political points out of it in an election year.....

Not to me....but apparently to some Politicians they are... They have no problem sending more of our young men and women into war to die or be maimed for life...... Lot of people support War along with the Suffering of those directly impacted..... We have been responsible for more American Deaths in the name of "revenge" or fighting terrorism than of the Terrorists have ... and far more civilian deaths, especially in Iraq and Afghanistan than the Terrorists have..... Sadly..... a lot of people will vote in favor of war mongering Politicians whenever they say we must bomb another Country....in the name of "freedom and Security"..... Iraq is proof of how that works.....and they are using the same "tack" with building support for war in Iran....or where ever else they want.... Fear is powerful and they know how to use it.....just like ISIS understands the power of fear...

Yes more of fight and destroy the enemy...... lest we forget to the "other side" we are the enemy that needs to be destroyed........ Where has that got us?..... hasn't solved the issue in the least....

Where are the Republicans of Eisenhower?..... Those Republicans put America first.......surely not anymore....

Point being......Today's Political landscape doesn't even resemble what is was then in the not far distant past...... I know I take "heat" for saying that neither Party represents the best interests of this Country...or any other Country around the Globe, for that matter...... They only worry about the profits of the Masters who now own the System..... and in case you haven't noticed.....they couldn't care any less for you or your Family....nor mine..... Why you support them and buy into their "right vs Left" nonsense doesn't make a lot of sense...at least to me anyway...... If you wish to continue to think that all things evil and bad come from the "left" and all things good and Glorious come from the "right" that is fine with me....but when you say such things over and over it only makes my point I mentioned earlier in this post......

I'm sorry that you can't see past the narrow mindedness of Partisan Politics and the polarization that it creates.....

Magoo and Dick Dastardly like this.
  8. pilot87

I understand your point......Ideology of the type governing ISIS and similar terrorist organizations is a very dangerous thing..... I can appreciate your view that we don't have time on our side....however by the same token do you honestly think that destroying their organization (if even possible) and taking back territory they control is going to put an end to their twisted Ideology anytime soon? ....I would think it would only strengthen it.....and they would just rise again.....maybe a new name.....but same Ideology...same terrorist tactics......perhaps even more vicious ......

There is no easy short term solution..... Bombing and destroying countless innocent people in pursuit of terrorists.....and creating even more refugee problems isn't going to speed up the process of peace......

9. pilot87

You should be happy that the Russians and the French are Bombing...The more the merrier right?...or you think it should only be "our" fight..... but in case you hadn't realized..... The US has been bombing Syrian territories held by ISIS.......... BEFORE the French and the Russians were.........

As far as Obama taking "cheap shots" at Tea Party Republican Politicians... I think his comments were pretty accurate....... Where is your "outrage" when you have Republican Politicians disrespecting the President? .......

10. slavenomore

slavenomore US Gov Hears Foreign Corps More Than Nonunions

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
    Magoo likes this.
  11. slavenomore

slavenomore US Gov Hears Foreign Corps More Than Nonunions

12. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Some day, maybe you will realize few read long-winded Leftist Lectures. Try to make them short, to the point, please?

Rastus and SuperCourse like this.
  13. SuperCourse

SuperCourse WHO IS JOHN GALT?

From it's very beginning, history is the story of conflict. In the end you either win or lose, nothing else matters. The notion that the world can live in harmony, while noble, is fantasy.

14. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Not trying to be mean, but to the guys who post long-winded stuff overnite: most of the US wakes up to coffee, scans short zippy stuff, and goes to work. For the Left to gain traction against us 'wackos', you need to be more like Doonesbury, less like Tolstoy. Mags stirs more conversations than any of you, and, believe me- he's no Tolstoy!

15. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

Mr. Magoo stirs more conversations because his posts are ummm errrr aaaaa intelligent, well thought out and well articulated. And he's good at stirring.

BTW, how are you today Mr. Magoo? Happy weekend.

pilot87 likes this.
  16. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

John McCain an a couple of others yes.
    McCain should read MacArthur's fairwell address to West Point, especially the part about the suffering of the soldier.

It is well known that I don't like Barry
    His policies are bad for America
    He is a left winged progressive ideolog that (despite what he says) does not like this country
    His actions are devisive
    He has turned American against American based on color of their skin and religious convictions

The sanctions were working

Reagan got the hostages back
    It is well known that America was in no position to fight a war in the immediate post Jimmy Carter era

The left is really wrong on this issue
    The big difference is when the right is wrong, those of us on the right criticize the right
    when the left is wrong, the left defends the left no matter how wrong

we can effectively shield and protect more of them in the middle east
    why bring them here when more can be saved there?
    plus it wont be 10,000 it will end up being 100,000's
    our own intelligence agencies say we cannot vet these people why risk it
    Who would be to blame if there is a terrorist attack in the USA from someone from these refugee populations?

Cruz, Trump, Carson, even Rubio
    There are plenty out there

jimmy g likes this.
  17. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

18. Magoo

I'm watching the weather channel, looks like cool weather coming early in the week.
    It supposed to get down to overnight lows of 58 degrees.
    I'll roast chestnuts.
    Happy Thanksgiving if I forget to say it later

jimmy g and pilot87 like this.
  19. Magoo

Short because I'm as lazy as the rest of you.
    Heres hoping you all have the week at home to enjoy your turkey.
    But if you're out on the road remember you'll be in my thoughts

Bubba74, slavenomore, jimmy g and 2 others like this.
  20. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

I thought I was always in your thoughts????:lmao::poke::tr10driving03:

Still trucking my friend. People die on holidays too... (My Dad died over Memorial Day holiday, 2008. What a way to remember...)

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
    Magoo likes this.