Paris

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jimmy g, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

You were fortunate to have him for so long.
    Stay safe and enjoy the scenery

jimmy g and pilot87 like this.
  2. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

We'll Always Have Paris

pilot87 likes this.
  3. pilot87

pilot87 Well-Known Member

His Policies are bad for America?.... I suppose that can be said of any President.....Some of what any of them do is bad for America..... Clinton signing NAFTA as an Example..... Obamas Support and trying to push through the TTP deal is another........ Bushes Invasion of Iraq is another.......
    However, if you look at where we were as a Country when Bush left office and compare it to where we are now.... I would think it would be hard to not notice that we are in a far better situation........

It's not his actions that are not divisive .....that is what the Corporate owned media tells us.....Obama has spoken on the issue of race in trying to ease the Racial divide that, unfortunately, exists... If you listened to any of his comments or speeches about Racism there isn't any dividing statements in them...Nowhere is there any evidence that he "hates" America.....only in the right-wing media do they repeat that nonsense..........that is where the divisiveness comes from.... Are you telling me that Tea Party Republicans have played no part whatsoever in pitting Americans against each other along racial and religious views??... If so, you've bought into their propaganda all the way...
    Don't let your blind allegiance to the "right" cloud your ability to be objective...

That may be true to a point.... Sanctions have been imposed against Iran since '79 in one form or another....and yet they (Iran) have still remained opposed to the west...and the United States in particular....they have been working towards a Nuclear weapons program.....Sanctions may have slowed this process...but to date has not stopped it.... The Right continues to claim that Iran sponsors terrorism Globally.....and they probably are correct....so in these respects the sanctions have not worked.....
    Since the Iranians and the US have come to an agreement...whether you think it's good or not...could be due to the sanctions...in which case you could say they have been successful in at least bringing them to the table...so to speak...

The fact that they were released just minutes after Reagan took office should be sufficient to understand that Reagan had little or nothing to do with their release.....All the around the clock negotiations to end the crisis had already taken place...... The timing of the release was chosen by the Iranians to give the least possible amount of satisfaction and credit to the hated Jimmy Carter, who had given sanction to the Shah during his last days....... The other possibility is that Reagan's campaign met with the Iranians and made a deal with them to hold the hostages until after he became President..... ...

Just as it's well known that America is in no position to go to fight more Wars now...... Our dismal failure of our "War on terrorism" has created trillions upon trillions of more debt......without any results to "justify" it..... They now even have us terrified of Orphaned refugees...ohhh wait...that isn't coming from the Terrorists....that's coming from the Corporate owned right-wing Politicians.......Shameful...

To keep bombing other countries is eventually going to destroy this Nations strength and power....economically as well as Politically.....while the Ideology that drives ISIS and other terrorist groups will remain intact... Perhaps the pendulum has already swung the other way on that.......

That's Hilarious Bubba74......Those that you mentioned are far and away removed from the Eisenhower Republicans of that time.. Just as far removed as todays Democratic Politicians are from the Democrats of that time... Politics has become immensely more corrupted then it was then........I know...you will still continue to say it's just the Left that got corrupted..... The right hasn't been touched by corruption at all....... They are the only ones who care about us common citizens...... Dream on...

I would think that it would be the fault of the Terrorists that perpetrate the attack..They are the ones to blame....not the entire refugee population...... If you're so terrified of Syrian refugees perhaps you shouldn't think about the possibilities that we already have terrorists among us.....home grown ones...... We have enough mentally disturbed people here that buy into the medias hate and fear mongering about Muslims that have already drove some them to kill innocent people...... Continued fueling of this hate and fear is only going to incite other nut cases to strike on larger scales..... what about the Terrorists that kill students in classrooms.......... you don't want to do anything about those........

Try expanding your thinking beyond what Corporate owned media tells you to :think"

CCXdriver and Magoo like this.
  4. pilot87

Maybe someday....

I keep forgetting the short attention spans of so many on here..... I know most of you are used to the "30 second sound bite" syndrome that dominates today's "news"..... I'll try and condense......can't promise every time.....but I'll try..... ok?....

P.S... I've read many a "long winded" post from you.....

slavenomore and Magoo like this.
  5. pilot87

Ok...let me get this right.....

1).."wakes up to coffee and scans short zippy stuff, goes to work...."
    2).."be more like Doonesbury".....

Ok...Got it.... You guys understand better if things are put in a short funny comic strip format...from a coffee drinking person behind the keyboard....

Thanks!.....

He sure does....Very talented....and intelligent.....I enjoy his posts..... Maybe instead of being "more like Doonesbury" ......we should be more like Magoo......

Thanks for not being mean....... You're all heart...

6. pilot87

Are you saying that we should never aspire to be better than that?

The reason the World isn't able to live in harmony is clearly stated in scripture.....and it accurately gives a portrayal of how people would be and what the conditions would be like in the period of time known as the "Last Days".......and it gives the solution to the problem......which many just blow off as "Fantasy"..... while just living for the all important "win"......and the continued cycle of Violence and hatred that goes along with it is all are just normal and acceptable behavior because it's always been this way.......... Maybe Trump can Turn this all around.... Or Cruz.....or Carson...... or Clinton....or Sanders....Or.......fill in the blank_____________......

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
    Magoo likes this.
  7. Rastus

Rastus ......Deplorable.....

I'll tell you there not. There purpose is to shrink the size of govt. and get back to following the constitution. Where's the racist and religious platforms?

jimmy g likes this.
  8. pilot87

Then I will tell you that you have been thoroughly deceived by their Propaganda...

Indeed yes.....you make my above point..... You honestly believe that don't you?.... ..

Do you think they are going to come out and tell you...or openly Campaign on a "platform" of Racism?..If you can't see the prevalence of Racism in Society and how it isn't just the left......You have been deceived.......

You haven't noticed the growing anti-Muslim sentiment that is being fueled by the "right"-wing??.... You haven't noticed that all the Politicians make sure to let everyone know how "Christian" they are???.... You haven't noticed all the bigotry directed towards Gays...or whomever....because they are so "Christian"?..... ........

It's like I said in a different post..... People that can be so totally "convinced" that only "their side" is right and the "other side" must always be wrong.....are very easily manipulated to go along with anything they want you to believe....... I admonish you to do some independent thinking of your own.....

Magoo likes this.
  9. a9faninnc

a9faninnc Super Moderator Staff Member

When you fly planes into buildings,behead innocent people,blow up innocent people,etc..What kind of sentiment does that promote??
    I personally have no problem with homos marrying each other,as sick as it is,but should people lose their business because they refuse to participate??

jimmy g likes this.
  10. Rastus

Rastus ......Deplorable.....

Give me some specific examples of a racist platform or do you just feel it?You are for the left what you accuse others on the right of.

11. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

And I've heard about those. I haven't posted many of them, the past two years.

12. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

depends on what you are looking at
    we have more people living in poverty than when Bush left office
    more people on govt assistance
    much more debt than when Bush left office
    The world is by far a more dangerous place than when Bush left office
    Real wages down by thousands than when Bush left office

So if all that is to be ignored, we are much better off

Trump corrupted?
    how, he doesn't need the money
    a lot of our beloved leaders arrive in DCgrad with little personal wealth, and leave very wealthy
    That is corruption, Trump is beholdened to no one
    Cruz is so far from the mainstream of the Rep party that they loathe him
    At least the right is trying

I am quite certain that they are already here
    there are over 1000 active investigations currently underway

13. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

depends on what you are looking at
    we have more people living in poverty than when Bush left office
    more people on govt assistance
    much more debt than when Bush left office
    The world is by far a more dangerous place than when Bush left office
    Real wages down by thousands than when Bush left office

So if all that is to be ignored, we are much better off

Trump corrupted?
    how, he doesn't need the money
    a lot of our beloved leaders arrive in DCgrad with little personal wealth, and leave very wealthy
    That is corruption, Trump is beholdened to no one
    Cruz is so far from the mainstream of the Rep party that they loathe him
    At least the right is trying

I am quite certain that they are already here
    there are over 1000 active investigations currently underway

14. pilot87

You didn't hear anything about them from me..... I always read them....... For me Personally.... A "long winded" post shows me that the poster put a lot of time and thought into their post.....and I appreciate that effort and dedication......even though I may disagree......but I appreciate the persons time and effort....

But that's just me I guess.......

15. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

People told me to shorten mine into specific segments. That long posts get skipped over. They were right; this is a trucker's message board, not a classroom. What we say to each other has no consequence other than our getting to voice our opinions.

Long posts might get read by 10 people total. Short ones by most all. So we make our choices, take our chances...

pilot87 likes this.
  16. pilot87

That makes sense..... I can understand your point.....

(Hows that for short and to the point?)

jimmy g and Rastus like this.
  17. slavenomore

slavenomore US Gov Hears Foreign Corps More Than Nonunions

What does REV 1:6 say?
    Priests aint allowed? Building a kingdom? 1 starts with references to organized churches not individual renegades doing their own thing.
    [QUOTE"jimmy g, post: 989573, member: 479"]Jesus didn't hate Jews. He was one. He showed the hypocrisy of Leaders of Religions The only people He is said to have hated were the Nicolatans- the first priests; the people who said common man can't understand the message. That only THEY can understand His Message.[/QUOTE]

18. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Again, that is an instruction to be individual witnesses- not an instruction to tell others that they are incapable of receiving Christ's Message,.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
  19. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Herr, slave. The entirety,in context:

1 The revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, 2 who testifies to everything he saw—that is, the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ. 3 Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near.

Greetings and Doxology
    4 John,

To the seven churches in the province of Asia:

Grace and peace to you from him who is, and who was, and who is to come, and from the seven spirits[a] before his throne, 5 and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth.

To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood, 6 and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father—to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen

The letter is written to us as individuals. Whoever (individual ) reads this receives special blessing (individually)

20. slavenomore

slavenomore US Gov Hears Foreign Corps More Than Nonunions

To the seven churches.