Holland | part-time after 15-yrs

usfsactown

TB Lurker
Credits
Greetings from sacrameto cali.since the redeway- bestwy merger our pnd hrs have been cut.Cant make the house payment on part-time hours,so my question is do you have to be UNION to get your 8-hrs,or is this like it is at every usf terminal? Or is dan k,the T.M. a cow patty who doesnt care about his drivers!Sorrey i dont kiss :butt kiss:

No last names please

Sac a union job guarantee's you 8 hour's per day, 40 per week. Unfortunatly if your barn is not organized you work as they need ya. I've been on both sides off the non and union job. Wouldn't it be better if we were one big happy family. It's need's to happen along with New Penn.
We need stability. GRIZZ

Sac a union job guarantee's you 8 hour's per day, 40 per week. Unfortunatly if your barn is not organized you work as they need ya. I've been on both sides off the non and union job. Wouldn't it be better if we were one big happy family. It's need's to happen along with New Penn.
We need stability. GRIZZ

GRIZZ, New Penn already is union. They been for a long time.

CFer Maybe I wasn't clear with my post. I ment we, being Reddaway, New Penn and Holland would be under on brand. No disrespect intended NPer's. GRIZZ

CFer Maybe I wasn't clear with my post. I ment we, being Reddaway, New Penn and Holland would be under on brand. No disrespect intended NPer's. GRIZZ

gotcha GRIZZ.:1036316054: I misunderstood what you said.

In my opinion, I think you will see USF and New Penn spun off some day as a combined company.

Yellow's job as a publicly traded company is to maximize shareholder value. If it turns out that a combined USF and New Penn would be worth more spun off than remaining owned by Yellow we just may see it happen someday.

While Bestway in Orange Ca. was trying to organize the Reddaway guys that were coming in to ORG didn't want anything to do with the union. Unfortunatly it's taking their hours being cut for them to want the union now. Too many people don't reallize what a right to work state means. They all think that they have it good and that their company treats them really good until something like this happens. I feel for you man but it's up to one of you guys in Sacramento to approach the local up in your area. I think in your area it would be local 150. I don't know if I can drop the agents name here but I'll send it to you. He helped in organizing Bestway Sac. and he is in charge of Yellow and Roadway.

Anyway, I feel for you man. Our PND guys are going through the same thing down hear in all the non-organized terminals.

CFer I agree 100% with your prediction. When they need some cash we'll be gone, as in sold. GRIZZ

free speach

While Bestway in Orange Ca. was trying to organize the Reddaway guys that were coming in to ORG didn't want anything to do with the union. Unfortunatly it's taking their hours being cut for them to want the union now. Too many people don't reallize what a right to work state means. They all think that they have it good and that their company treats them really good until something like this happens. I feel for you man but it's up to one of you guys in Sacramento to approach the local up in your area. I think in your area it would be local 150. I don't know if I can drop the agents name here but I'll send it to you. He helped in organizing Bestway Sac. and he is in charge of Yellow and Roadway.

Anyway, I feel for you man. Our PND guys are going through the same thing down hear in all the non-organized terminals.
yea, thanks for the update,its just a bummer to see how this terminals moral has gone in the tolet.This used to be the best place in sac. to through frt.out of a truck,now im not so sure.I think ill take that yellow pnd i was offered this spring.Its too bad,all this time in,and nothin given back,thats the workin mans tell...

We need stability. GRIZZ

Grizz what rules do you work under??:Poke:

If you are on a city bid............ yes you are gauranteed 8 per day 40 per week.

But if you are on the shape you are not gauranteed anything.

Example after all the bids work, and there are 30 loads left........ there are 45 men on the shape.................. the bottom 15 men go home ........ aka. .......walking. Thats the way it is.
Seniority is a great thing if you have a good number.
If you don't...............join the local breakfast club like the rest of us...............and hope that it picks up soon.
If you can't then you had either find part time work to fill the void or go look for another job, or the third choice collect partial unemployment. This year part time jobs .............especially those that pay off the books are scarce.

I have found a few but lately it seems if 1 job has work then they all have work. You have to be agressive. Good luck brothers and sisters and lets all hope things improve so we don't have to work 4 jobs to make a weeks pay.

Oh yea and Grizz I wish I was in your union.............gauranteed my 40.

We need stability. GRIZZ

Grizz:smilie_132: What do you mean by "It needs to happen along with NewPenn" Can you explain this:chairshot:

Johnny in the Southern conf. when you make regular or permanent for better words, your guarantee is 8 hours for 5 days worked. If work is not available, c&c is offered, sent home with pay or push a broom. Our casuals are even guaranteed 4 or 6 hours if called in. I don't think a casual would push that issue if they were sent home early. We don't work off a shape. If your on the seniority list your guaranteed.
Crazy, maybe I'm crazy, but for the regional group to fill out it's potential, all three carrier's need to operate as one. If not I believe each one will be sold off the first time Yellow needs cash. I see (someone) molding us together in the same fashion as the Conway group has. Crazy thats just a thought. I say this stuff and I've never even put my eyes on a New Penn tractor and know nothing about your co. except what I read. GRIZZ

Johnny in the Southern conf. when you make regular or permanent for better words, your guarantee is 8 hours for 5 days worked. If work is not available, c&c is offered, sent home with pay or push a broom. Our casuals are even guaranteed 4 or 6 hours if called in. I don't think a casual would push that issue if they were sent home early. We don't work off a shape. If your on the seniority list your guaranteed.
Crazy, maybe I'm crazy, but for the regional group to fill out it's potential, all three carrier's need to operate as one. If not I believe each one will be sold off the first time Yellow needs cash. I see (someone) molding us together in the same fashion as the Conway group has. Crazy thats just a thought. I say this stuff and I've never even put my eyes on a New Penn tractor and know nothing about your co. except what I read. GRIZZ
Too bad we all couldn't work under the same rules it would be much easier.Our casuals are guareented eight as soon as you hit the clock..As far as Newpenn goes I thought you were saying we all should go union..I quess I misread your post:smilie_132: As far as one company I think you hit it :smilie_132: As soon as they need cash they will sell us off..

Grizz what rules do you work under??:Poke:

If you are on a city bid............ yes you are gauranteed 8 per day 40 per week.

But if you are on the shape you are not gauranteed anything.

Example after all the bids work, and there are 30 loads left........ there are 45 men on the shape.................. the bottom 15 men go home ........ aka. .......walking. Thats the way it is.
Seniority is a great thing if you have a good number.
If you don't...............join the local breakfast club like the rest of us...............and hope that it picks up soon.
If you can't then you had either find part time work to fill the void or go look for another job, or the third choice collect partial unemployment. This year part time jobs .............especially those that pay off the books are scarce.

I have found a few but lately it seems if 1 job has work then they all have work. You have to be agressive. Good luck brothers and sisters and lets all hope things improve so we don't have to work 4 jobs to make a weeks pay.

Oh yea and Grizz I wish I was in your union.............gauranteed my 40.

Johnnyrotten Grizz is a city driver. On the road we do not call it the shape, but if you are on the open board after all bids are filled then the open board gets what is left.

When freight is slow the bottom of the board will sit at home. We do not have a "HOG BOARD" Once you make a trip out and come back you will go to the bottom of the list if there is junior drivers that did not get out on Sunday or Monday. Now once everyone makes one trip out of the house you retain your senority and again the junior drivers will sit at home at weeks end waiting to work when it is slow. No matter how you look at it when it is slow the less senority guys sit while the senior drivers work.