ADuiePyle | Part time dock at ADP. Whats it like?

future driver

TB Lurker
Credits
Talking Northboro MA. Starting pay, Typical # of hours per week? Any chance of getting full time and sent to the academy to learn driving? Thanks in advance for any replies.

Talking Northboro MA. Starting pay, Typical # of hours per week? Any chance of getting full time and sent to the academy to learn driving? Thanks in advance for any replies.

look at some of the recent posts here for driving school and by Lee Lee. She started as dock in Northboro and is now in the school. I think it took her about 3 months to ge there. The post are still there and she updates when she can.:drama:

Depends on Terminal.I worked at West Chester for alittle over 3 monts, no room for advancement there(guys working part time for almost year waiting for FT)13 hour,.50 raise after 1500 man hours. Work 6 to 8 hrs a shift, can't work over 35 a week.
Good Luck!!

Look elsewhere. Starting pay is ridiculous. They don't want you making a living if you're part-time but they hate playing second fiddle if you have another job on the side.

A part time dock position at Pyle is a good job. It makes a good secondary job for someone who is looking for extra cash and it makes a good primary job for anyone who is looking to get their foot in the door with a good company, whether it's to eventually attend the driving academy or to gain operational experience for a management position.

Pyle employs a lot of part time dockworkers from many walks of life: college students, tradesmen, and everything in between. The job is not for everyone. The pay is decent and they offer a great referral bonus for referring another dockworkers to the company.

You work very hard but you are part of a successful organization. In this economy, that means a lot. If you are looking for entry into the driving academy, starting out part time on the dock is the way to go, especially if you ultimately want to drive for a reputable company in the end. Good luck! :smilie93C_peelout:

Look elsewhere. Starting pay is ridiculous. They don't want you making a living if you're part-time but they hate playing second fiddle if you have another job on the side.
The starting pay is ok, alot of ppl do have FT jobs and work OB. Your right on the second fiddle part.

How about the managers? Do they treat the part timers like second class citizens?

Only can give you insight on West Chester Terminal. Supervisors and load supervisors are on the most part are great guys/gals.There is one supervisor who is not so,lets say nice(Person must suck on lemons before coming to work)
Most ppl are pretty decent and will help you out,then you got the ppl who live in their own little world.

Only can give you insight on West Chester Terminal. Supervisors and load supervisors are on the most part are great guys/gals.There is one supervisor who is not so,lets say nice(Person must suck on lemons before coming to work)
Most ppl are pretty decent and will help you out,then you got the ppl who live in their own little world.

every terminal is different, just like all people are different !!! As in any job there will always be people that love or hate it. Some people expect the world handed to them, saw the same at my last company also. There is no perfect job or perfect company- if there was the odds at winning the lottery would be better than getting the perfect job. Some people coming into trucking from other industries due to the economy. They come here cause for the most part the work is steady, but it is get your hands dirty work. Its not for everybody- between the hours and the weather it could take its toll. You can move up at Duie, you can learn to drive atruck ( and get paid for it instead of paying to learn) but it will not be handed to you, it needs to be earned.:clapping::popcorn:

every terminal is different, just like all people are different !!! As in any job there will always be people that love or hate it. Some people expect the world handed to them, saw the same at my last company also. There is no perfect job or perfect company- if there was the odds at winning the lottery would be better than getting the perfect job. Some people coming into trucking from other industries due to the economy. They come here cause for the most part the work is steady, but it is get your hands dirty work. Its not for everybody- between the hours and the weather it could take its toll. You can move up at Duie, you can learn to drive atruck ( and get paid for it instead of paying to learn) but it will not be handed to you, it needs to be earned.:clapping::popcorn:

:smiliewhs:
Yes, I know.
ADP is a good place to work.I left on good terms,but I'm not some college kid needing some beer money.Need full time employment and health Ins.

I still don't get the second fiddle part? I am applying in Northboro and am being sold that it is "where it's happening" by the guy who interviewed me. Are the part timers considered disposable?

I still don't get the second fiddle part? I am applying in Northboro and am being sold that it is "where it's happening" by the guy who interviewed me. Are the part timers considered disposable?

Its a good job. P/T are NOT considered disposiable- many have been with the company for years .