XPO | Part time dock

It will definitely take a few years at least, but that's what all the management has been saying their goal is, and getting a dock workforce is the first step. I for one think it's a good thing just because of the elimination of sub-service alone.

Go to any big FAC that handles U-freight (like XLA or XCW) and you'll see what we're taking about. There's no reason we shouldn't be hauling our own freight with our own trucks and drivers...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
The u-freight I see going onto a long box..its been that way since I've been here..its the regional freight that we should be hauling.
We have a long box going to Austin and back everyday/night. That's 205 miles one way. That's the kind of stuff that needs to go away. That has nothing to do with eliminating mt miles.

Yes, they have a longbox going from my barn down to Atlanta every night, too. When it overflows, all the rest of it gets routed through XSW. There's no reason that all of it shouldn't be loaded on pure pups and sent to XSW as bypass loads like they do with all the other stuff.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I've noticed a slight drop off in sub-service usage. ( i don't see any numbers), just know our place. they exhaust the flex-board everyday. Seems to be a lot more day-runs here lately.

If they were to eliminate all the sub-service, they would have to get somebody else to run the company, somebody that knew how to run a trucking company, not numbers and metrics minded people. That's for sure. I don't see sub-service going away..there is too much of it. it would take ten years to untangle that mess.

It's simple really. The company was taking advantage of a slow economy and so many long haul drivers looking for runs. Now that things have picked up those drivers are pulling profitable freight. And we are left to pull more of our own.

Well I am not sure about what is going on where you are but on our side I learned this weekend that we often times run weekend runs and this apparently happens a lot here lately
I and two other drivers did a meet and turn to NRH and about 40 miles from NRH we were called and told to go to Savannah that nobody from the other side had dispatched out to meet us ! And Apparently this happens a lot with meet and turns to Lexington as well Two weekends ago 6 drivers went to meet there and only 3 were dispatched to meet our 6 drivers ! Multi Billion Dollar Trucking Company Making huge Mistakes this I would think would go against there lean programs !!

It's simple really. The company was taking advantage of a slow economy and so many long haul drivers looking for runs. Now that things have picked up those drivers are pulling profitable freight. And we are left to pull more of our own.

Well I am not sure about what is going on where you are but on our side I learned this weekend that we often times run weekend runs and this apparently happens a lot here lately
I and two other drivers did a meet and turn to NRH and about 40 miles from NRH we were called and told to go to Savannah that nobody from the other side had dispatched out to meet us ! And Apparently this happens a lot with meet and turns to Lexington as well Two weekends ago 6 drivers went to meet there and only 3 were dispatched to meet our 6 drivers ! Multi Billion Dollar Trucking Company Making huge Mistakes this I would think would go against there lean programs !!
LOL...Thats funny! We get letters for dumb stuff, what do they get for all the mistakes they make?

It doesn't make any sense that you quoted me here. Did you not understand my post ? I said that we are left to pull our freight because the purchase carriers are pulling freight that pays better. We have many runs every Saturday. More now than before. And I see the guys from other terminals going to my barn on the way. And I have personally sat for hours before line haul would admit no one was coming for a meet. All the optimizers and e-mails and phone calls. And dispatchers are still going to be error prone. It hasn't changed by now. It likely won't any time soon. At least they still speak English.

That's been going on for years. I've been called and told to turn around and go back to origin (more than once) because nobody was coming to meet me. Then I had to fight to get paid for the miles I drove, because there's no payroll procedure for a run cancelled en route.

That's been going on for years. I've been called and told to turn around and go back to origin (more than once) because nobody was coming to meet me. Then I had to fight to get paid for the miles I drove, because there's no payroll procedure for a run cancelled en route.

Simple solution to getting paid>>>>Don't answer phone until you get to meet point.
Works every time!!

Usually when we get turned around due to highway closures, I get paid for that half of the trip.

We're getting the first round of non-cdl employees for the dock this week at our barn. We were lied to by the regional manager in the central area and our TM. We were told by them that they would only hire non-cdl dock employees as cdl drivers either quit or got fired. Those cdl employees that quit or get fired would be replaced by non-cdl personnel. Well, no one has quit or gotten fired since the time we were told that and non-cdl dock workers are now being hired.

If they'll lie about that, they'll lie about anything.

We're getting the first round of non-cdl employees for the dock this week at our barn. We were lied to by the regional manager in the central area and our TM. We were told by them that they would only hire non-cdl dock employees as cdl drivers either quit or got fired. Those cdl employees that quit or get fired would be replaced by non-cdl personnel. Well, no one has quit or gotten fired since the time we were told that and non-cdl dock workers are now being hired.

Your fault for believing them in the first place. Take it with a grain of salt. My old term posted ads today looking for a Part Time and a Full Time Dock worker plus an FMT and a FOS

This management team is amazing, they figured out how to run a trucking company without drivers. If they haven't. then it's going to get real interesting.

At our terminal, a new TM has gone on a hiring blitz and replaced all outbound dock with part time dock workers. Now it has spilled to the inbound shift with no end in sight to the hiring. He claims this is a company wide initiative. I've never seen anything like this and am a bit suspicious. Has anybody else seen anything similar?
Yes, XGR is the same, get ready to have your wallet thinned out, this is going to cost everyone in P/D a lot of money, welcome to team Con/Way!:horse****::eck13::fingure::Fart::nutkick::nutkick: